/lebanon/

ITT:

We discuss what goes on in Lebanon
Other than hezbolla, what goes on here?
How can I learn Lebanese online?
Anyone been to Lebanon for travel/work? How was it?

>learn lebanese

>How can I learn Lebanese online?
>American education

he obviously meant the lebanese dialect of arabic stupid leaf

Ya, I meant .

Thanks, swisrael. Ever been there?

no of course not yehuds cant go there

Other than Hezbollah, how do you view Lebanon?

mostly decent especially the maronite christians
I prefer iranians though on an individual level

How different is the Lebanese accent to other arabic accents? Any tips on learning it?

shlonek ya zalameh?

?

the Levant accents are very similar, learn syrian as it's the easiest, jordan/palestine/lebanese are very similar, also everyone understands Syrian delicate.

Other good delicates to learn: Egyptian ( everyone understands it as much as syrian's , but syrian is much more clear)

Don't learn gulf as it's too harsh, too complicated and too far from arabic, and no other arabs understand them too well, also avoid Moroccan-Algerian-Tunisian..etc, literally no one will understand you.

Protip: go find a refugee in american who doesn't speak english and try to teach each other.

>t.Palestinian

Any sources online that you know of? I appreciate the lengthy response my Pali friend.

lebanon:
stop coming to veracruz
thanks

aah not really pal, sorry, but I think there are a lot of institutes in the states right now that teach arabic ( like there's probably hundreds if not thousands ) just google your state + learn arabic, I doubt there are online sources that teach delicate.

The thing is literally everyone can understand and speak formal arabic, so if you learn that, it would be more than enough, but you're going to stand out as a foreigner and that's not always a good thing.

oh and also everyone speaks pretty good french/english down in Leb, especially the younger generation, so if you're down to visit or anything you don't have to learn arabic, Lebanon is very chill place with very chill people.

mne7 ya khay. men wen ente?

Lebanese on vacation here, hit me with any question you want OP, I'll answer them.

Syrian?

What are places in Lebanon to avoid and to visit? How are religious relations past the Hezbolla attacks? Are the people open to tourists talking to them or more docile towards it? Best seasons to visit?

Thanks!

I am.

>How are religious relations past the Hezbolla attacks?
What attacks? Hezbollah doesn't attack anyone, anyone trying to tell you otherwise is lying to spread propaganda.
Yes, the people love the tourists, since they'd be starving without them.
Best season to visit would be anytime in April till July (It gets unbearably hot in August) and also prices of everything skyrocket during tourism season. (Costs $75 just to go the beach)
Avoid most of Baalbeck (except the the ancient tourist sites) and the border with israel.

Any tips on learning your dialect online? Only one I've found that is decent is a phone app, but it doesn't teach writing or grammar, just travel phrases.

Learn modern arabic for the grammar and the spelling
Then watch Lebanese TV series online to improve yourself and shift from speaking official Arabic to speaking Lebanese

My dad is Lebanese (but I was born in Australia and I live here) and when I was 8 I went to Lebanon. Of what I do remember it was beautiful, especially the mountains. The best thing was waking up in the morning in my Aunts apartment to the smell of manoushe. The food there is great, the people are very nice, Baalbek and Tyre are awesome if you love history like I do. However I don't know how different it would be now to go, especially with the Syrian refugees, ISIS attacks (which don't happen often unless you go to the northern border) and don't go to the border with Israel to the south. Otherwise for a middle eastern country Lebanon is very modern and safe. If it weren't for Israel and some American interventions in the Middle East, Lebanon could have been what the UAE is today

>Lebanon could have been what the UAE is today

I doubt it very much, the country is lacking and poor in a lot of aspects that's it's ridiculous, they don't have the oil that the UAE have, the main source of income is tourism which is pretty bad thing especially when it's almost the only income, they have no exports but they import almost everything, the wicked government and the dividing the power into religions sects isn't working out either, last election proved that, the young people had a chance for a change but everyone panicked and voted for their own religion's head of party, resulting in the same old corrupt motherfuckers back in power again, I feel really, really bad for Lebanese youngsters.

Lebanon and Israel are having a back and forth over who can make the largest tub hummus.

For the record, Sabra hummus tastes like shit. Kills me that they're everywhere.