Japanese Thread / 日本語スレッド

This thread is for the discussion of the language, culture, travel, daily life, etc. of Japan.
Let's tark at randam in Japanese and English. Take it easy!

#Previous Thread ---Useful Links---

過去ログ
>desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/日本語スレッド/
Real Kana
>realkana.com/
How to Learn Japanese
>
>docs.google.com/document/d/1jrMXTVapkGlYSyQDwppETbz62ltcknJITQ7ll6bH8QM/edit?pli=1#
100 most common Japanese words
>docs.google.com/document/d/1GK7W2AwWsQr5VvgDYRMKSrhTJhDSkB5_jlaVGJks-Hc/pub

次スレを立てる前に必ずスレ立て宣言をして下さい。次スレリンクも忘れずに。
Please declare before making a new thread, and put the next link.

Other urls found in this thread:

majide2ch.blogspot.com/
see.stanford.edu/Course/CS229
jetprogramme.org/en/
i.4cdn.org/sp/1470519248410.jpg
japanenglishteacher.com/
jetprogramme.org/en/.
vocaroo.com/i/s1gbN1kuLgEw
join.skype.com/x1malp9MQeDT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

韓国のルール

>How to Learn Japanese
> →
That's an interesting way to learn Japanese.

ナイススレ

lmao

should i bother taking the JLPT?

how often do you cry because you're a loser and can't leave your house?

Only N1. Have you done J-CAT?

麦茶なう

Why not.
Go for it.
Nothing below N2 though.

I have not.
Mixed signals.
I made a mistake on the N3 practice test though because of bad vocab. RIP
fucking vocab mang
whys a language gotta have so many words doe?

whyd a japanese woman yell J-CATTO ten times
im spooked now

ミルクなう

Try J-CAT first since it's free and all.

Hi Japanese Thread.
Can you teach me the secrets of your country's smiley faces, for example this cool guy (´・ω・`)

Thanks

should mention that I am planning on degree in software engineering and possibly EE, specializing in machine learning. How exactly did you get there though? I go to a mediocre state University, planning on transferring to a larger school later on. (How low is the limbo bar on skills? I have a pretty memeing GPA if that counts)

That's しょぼん

紅茶がいいね
飲むと落ち着く

A lot of them don't work on Sup Forums. Let me try
┌┛┌┛

you can do it with the japanese keyboard on your phone, it has presets for about 100 japanese text emoji

Irasutoya wtf

こんにちは。

こんばんは

おはよう。

So where on the internet should I look if I wanted to find native speakers of japanese to talk to?
I would like to learn to understand, write and speak japanese, just as a hobby I guess. I think it would be good to make some friends/acquintances over the internet that I could practice speaking japanese with.
I've already seen some sites where they offer private language tutors, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

weeb

I have to wait to do it. :(
I tried the sample questions. The hardest difficulty really shafted me. Fucking vocab. Gotta get studying.

I suppose if you can find a place to work in Japan you'd be welcome there.
I'm in the same area as you're looking to go into so I'm hoping there's something for me somewhere in Japan as well.

┗┐┌┛ < come on

ow shoot, I responded in the former thread.

Concerning skill, rather than GPA, you should auto check if your really comfortable with the abstract notions because, you will need it when you're going to study the real advanced concept (or you'll settle with "indian machine learning", ie big complexity machine crunshing).

What is he doing?

Im juggling two threads aswell, I'll stick to this one.

I am most definitely not as smart as alot of people, but I still don't know. All I know is that I REALLY want to do these things (study AI), but I've just never had people, labs, or professors to work with, and have never really been tested to the maximum of my ability with regards to what I might offer in a collaborative environment. It's pretty depressing to be mediocre at just about everything you do academically. I don't even know where to begin with getting involved and improving that kind of shit.

>for example this cool guy (´・ω・`)

He's called shobon.

its a fact that japan and korea are very racist
but what about south east asia?

Hardly, do you have any actual advice, or are you just shitposting?

ive heard people use interpals for that kinda stuff but i feel very weird using stuff like that
im actually very curious myself too please help

what do you have trouble with?

Last thread people mentioned Sup Forums posts being translated to Japanese. I didn't find any site like that, but coincidentally I just ran into this site that translates 2ch posts to English.
It's not active anymore, sadly.
majide2ch.blogspot.com/

The socket communication has TCP and UDP.
UDP is one-way broadcast communication.
TCP is bidirectional communication.
Bidirectional communication needs ACK.
If sender side don't receive ACK, he should judge communication is fail.
In that case, he should ensure the safety of information.

The test itself starts off easy and quickly adapts to your skill level based on your previous answers. I did much better on the reading part than I should've given my experience, so I got ridiculously long passages of text with some pretty tough kanji. I didn't even have time to read them properly but still answered correctly for most of them.

They should mail you the account pretty soon. I'd post my score from a few months back but I can't seem to find the image right now...

(´・ω・`) < I will kill you
╰⋃╯╰⋃╯

wow, he started threatening you while exposing his double dicks
do you still think he is cool guy, huh?

I have found good friends via Sup Forums, some weird people too. So how bad could Interpals be?

>tfw the only real friends i have are all videogaming friends that all use Sup Forums too
please end me

im not syaing its bad its just i feel weird using something like
i feel kind of embarrassed but for no real reason?

i might sign up idk

Do Japs use facebook? What do they use?

¯\_(シ)_/¯

Most of them use twitter instead from what I've seen.

>double dicks
wut

朝やで
日本人は起きるやで

some japanese use facebook. it depends on the person

alright which one of you was butthurt enough to post about me on /qa/?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ayy lmao

Personally I think the OPs are annoying but I think it's fair game posting it in the thread. I get shit for posting BM too but just from one guy.

hahaha

kek

1/2
The problem is getting involved with the right people (and I have ADD--meme learning disability to some, but I take amphetamines for it). My high school provided alot of opportunities for getting ahead in academics/preparing yourself for a good post secondary, but I didn't take advantage of them (nihilistic, and edgy teenager syndrome dragged me into a place of having no close friends or the interest of engaging with others).

I have trouble with judging how much I might be able to learn (before diving in to learning something), I also struggle with self studying. This last semester I talked to one of the CS profs at my school with interests in doing undergrad research. Because it was the end of my first year at the school, I was pretty limited on what I had under my belt in terms of applying things I have learned (Java) to more complex research in Machine learning. We concluded that I could do some self study over the summer-- which I tried to do, but have currently hit a wall where I am just unaware of what direction to take. \A lot of the stuff requires knowledge of LinAlg(Which I'm taking this fall) and Stats (which I am taking in the spring). I learned the basics of Python, where I could probably start practicing those skills, and I learned basic learning algorithms and the different categories of learning problems. I was following a Stanford online course

see.stanford.edu/Course/CS229

Can I be an english teacher in japan if I can't speak Japanese but am an American elementary teacher with a degree?

Am i banned?

If I'm banned i might get vanned too...

Holy christ I'm not thank god. I survive another day.

So I will stay in a small town in Korea where I stayed before
I used to go to the library there and there are many students and girls studying there
Sometimes I wondered if I should talk to them but I don't know if they speak English and if it is weird
I don't know where else I could meet girls because I don't go to clubs. maybe I should try interpals

2/2
I have gotten through 5 lectures, and only 1 question in the problem sets, the second requires octave knowledge, something I am unfamiliar with still. Also with tht online class, I lose interest, with the lack of TAs I would be able to talk to and other classmates that I would be able to engage with(given that they have similar interests in helping with collaboration.

I don't really know what I have trouble with, other than the question of how can I make the most out of this shit, when I feel that I am surrounded by people who are either self studiers themselves or disinterested in the subject itself. I really don't want to blame it on my school, but after the first year I felt underwhlemed as fuck with what I expected from an academic environment

I like your BM posts. Keep it up.
Yes. See: JET. You won't be treated like a human by the Japanese though, or so I've heard.
Why'd you think you were banned?
Why don't you know Korean if you're going to Korea?

I burnt my skin by sun
how should i cure it

You can be an assistant, which means shitty pay no recognition and you're basicly their slave
jetprogramme.org/en/
have fun

be more careful next time, how did you burn it? if it was from sun exposure youre increasing your risk of skin cancer by a lot

i.4cdn.org/sp/1470519248410.jpg

Anyone who is a friend of BM is a friend of mine ;^)

Is this good? Will I be declined because I am a chicano?

japanenglishteacher.com/

You still don't know linalg ? well... try finding a pdf and self study, it's really basic and it's baby tier for any comp sci worthy of that name.

Anyone following the Kosher tournament here?

That's what happens when you go outside.

I hope you've learned your lesson.

False flag by you desu

it blatantly isnt because i was sleeping when it was posted

I realize that, and It's not the Linalg thats the problem really that's a pretty small reason for why I stopped man

>I felt underwhlemed as fuck with what I expected from an academic environment
It's always like this in shitty college, I feel you on that one bro. I am thanful that I am too autistic to pay attention to my surrounding but it's nerve tiring to see the lack of motivation of other students.

>Watching sports
>Watching the Olympics
Oh no, will they get more points than the other perosn/team that got the most points? Tune in for mooore.

My mothet didn't tell me like that :(
My skin became brown and a little bit hurt:( I should have used suntan lotion.

that's a terrible alibi

Sweden mentioned!
Why two of us, though?

眠くなってきた~
おやすみ一応英語スレの皆さん(っ∀-)

No idea if it's good, since I'm no native English speaker and no one gives a flying fuck over there about German I didn't look too much into it. And you're a foreigner anyway, I don't think your skin color matters in that case.

once upon a time there was many swed in this thread

>japanenglishteacher.com/
We're talking about jetprogramme.org/en/.

This course is really hard, harder still if you haven't had linalg or stats. I don't you'll be able to do this class. I'd try to find a lower level class to start off with to be honest.

Following online courses works for people who are great self-studiers. They have self-discipline and they can find the motivation to do things by themselves, without being told to by a professor, or having others to do it with. I am not one of those people, and you don't seem to be one either. I myself prefer going to a class and doing what I'm told to, and having people studying the same to talk about assignments with. I'd honestly just wait until you get a machine learning class in your own academic career. Maybe you can come back to this class next summer when you've had linalg and stats. If you want to do it now, you'll have to find someone very knowledgeable to help you through it, which doesn't seem very likely.

There are more interactive online classes though. I know of a Python one that teaches you advanced programming in Python, but that's not really machine learning, but Python is a language that's used frequently.

What's with people in university being disinterested in the subject they're studying? I don't get it and it pisses me off. I hope most of those in my classes flunked out. They were annoying as heck.

おやすみなさい
日本人の大部分はまだ目を覚まさないから仕方ない

Dude with scikit learn, python is awesome for machine learning. It's one of best toolkits out there. Plus you got easy to use OpenCV bindings.

おやすみフィンランドさん

; ; and I thought you loved me, slut

exactly why i specifically mentioned that class
i forgot the name though
it cant be that hard to find
they advertise on reddit
i forgot to mention its not free, but if you can think of a sobstory theyll let you in for free

もうそろそろ寝たほうがいいよね・・・

寝たくないけど
もっと遊びたいんだ!

Taorila and the lack of announcement aren't against the rules.

pan o tabemasu my Sup Forums friends
cool double dicks

うん、僕はもうなんか眠そう
りんごに食べますので、後で寝よう

vocaroo.com/i/s1gbN1kuLgEw

Facebook is very popular among 30s and late 20s.

おはようございます、フランケン。

眠いのに寝たくない
明日は日曜日だけどその後はとある曜日

お前も声も太いね
寝ないで!

>とある曜日
I fucking hate this(´・ω・`)
月曜日を廃止しろ

>寝ないで!
えっ、何で?

>月曜日を廃止しろ
賛成する(´・ω・`)