Has your country ever outlawed alcohol?

Has your country ever outlawed alcohol?

In the 1920s and 30s alcohol was illegal in the USA, they even changed the Constitution to outlaw it.

I wonder if any other countries well besides places like Saudi Arabia outlawed alcohol to.

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_Party
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They tried to a few times, but it was simply too unpopular to pass through parliament.

did you know thousands of people died during prohibition as a result of the CIA deliberately poisoning illegally made alcohol to try and deter people from drinking it?

really makes you think

No
Tequila producers will never allow something like that to pass

>CIA wasn't even formed until after WW2.

But some people will still fall for this bait.

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html

i don't expect you to actually read it since you're a stupid american but if you somehow work up the attention span to do anything other than jerk off and eat, take a look and let the feeling of retardedness wash over you like the warmth of the sun after a cloudy day

I did read it, and lo and behold, no mention of the CIA doing this during Prohibition, because the agency didn't exist and would not for another twenty years. Be accurate with your assertions, dumb Canadian. It's fine to say the US government did it if it's true, don't say the CIA did without facts.

Of course, you're too dumb to comprehend this distinction and want to assert your Canadian "superiority" with ad-hominem attacks.

I didnt read the leaf's article but u think he means OSS in place of CIA

Then they changed the constitution to make it legal again

>america
>free
lol

Prohibition was a persistent and annoying political movement since the mid-19th century and it only finally went away once we actually tried it and found it didn't work.

OSS wasn't formed until the early 1940s in any form. We didn't even have a proper federal intelligence agency until FDR created one in 1941 (forerunner to OSS) it was split between the branches of the military and to some degree the FBI.

>Women become political
>They push bills that ban alcohol

Didn't No Zealand go through a prohibition faze?

>63143335

Not really surprising at the time. Alcoholism was a huge issue for most of the 19th century with their men dying young and/or abandoning them with all their kids without any money and/or beating them severely and subjecting them to other forms of alcoholic behavior. Remember, there wasn't really such a thing as AA or strong psychotherapy to help people get over it at the time.

AA is a cult and alcoholism decreased with education levels rising in the US. All prohibition did was encourage the poor to become bootleggers and moonshiners for easy money.

>faze
also:
>The Temperance movement in New Zealand was a movement that aimed at the prohibition of the sale of alcohol. Although it met with local success it narrowly failed to impose national prohibition on a number of occasions in the early twentieth century.

thanks reddit

Hey, I'm not saying prohibition is the answer, I'm saying it is easy to understand why women voted for prohibition in droves. No one really understood what would stop alcoholism and high rates of alcoholism at the time.

>>faze
Saw it as soon as I posted

It happened in some Cities like Invercargill but never on the national level.

>outlawing alcohol
>Slavs

lel. There would be mass riot, heads would fly and the entire government would be lynched in the public square.

WTF? I love Slavs now!

Tequila really is a blessing for our country...

Prohibition got the Italian mafia started and once it was repealed left a legacy that would become drug traficking, one of the dumbest fucking moves in your history...

But isn't a huge portion of your country Muslim anyway?

Nah, a third of Bosnia is "muslim" meaning they drink, fuck, curse, fight and fail same as all other Slavs but they also occasionally say Allah instead of God.

Bosnians were never the most religious Muslims and Kingdom of SHS, Kingdom of Yugoslavia and especially SFR Yugoslavia made them even less so. Though, unfortunately, recently I've seen some bad developments with increased Arab and Turkish presence and investment here and a growing crop of newly discovered truest Muslims ever (tm) but it's still nowhere near critical and alcohol and sex still aren't even close to being prohibited or such.

Ironically Bosniak diaspora is much more likely to be radicalized and join ISIS than majority of people back here, such as the completely retarded cunts from Austria that joined ISIS and then got turned into sex slaves and eventually killed.

Yep. The poison was IIRC methanol, and ironically methanol poisoning could be mitigated by drinking large amounts of alcohol within 20 minutes of methanol ingestion.

How unfortunate they had no alcohol.

>cia
>1930s

refine your shitposting technique and try again

>Has your country ever outlawed alcohol?

Norway
>yes

that law wouldn't last for too long for there would be a revolution

Oh yes, totally worth it. Finns didn't really drink much alcohol at all before prohibition but when it was ended we needed a fucking state monopoly on alcohol distribution.

Fun fact: Greenland tried once to but if they forbid the importation of our red wines we were going to ban the importation of salted cod, which would have ruined their economy.

So our country did de facto ban other country from banning alcohol.

>tfw we still have a prohibition party
>it only got 518 votes in the last presidential election
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_Party

SWEDEN
NEJ

Only limitation to sell in certain area. Not outright ban. Well some area do outright ban, but in general just limitation.

Stupid thing about that is it makes dubious illegal alcohol easier to find than even legit beer.

Many have died due to methanol poisoning.

>Women's first political act was implicit in the rise of Organized Crime in the US

Wew, Lass

Government in action.

Only absinthe was banned until recently

Funny considering it originated here

Yes. It lasted 13 years 1919-1932. Mostly women were in favor for it. The prohibition fucked up our drinking culture.

HAHAHAHA cnat believe all these faggot cuntries that got cucked by their governments

>Alcohol selling is a state monopoly.
>Alcohol abuse is a problem in Finnish society.
Finns so smart yet they can't solve 2+2.

no, never.
booze is such a huge part of german culture.
at age 16 you're legal to get wasted on beer.
beer in germany is like coke/7up in the U.S.
there is even "alcohol free" beer for children (google for VITAMALZ, a malt brew)
every grocery store in germany has a major sizable portion of shelf space dedicated to beer, wines and hard liquor

The thought of someone actually trying to ban alcohol here is absolutely hilarious.
Poor guy would be lynched within an hour.

haha :)))

Not that I'm aware of. It's not like it'd change much, everyone would just ignore the law

Gorbachev tried and utterly failed, which he admitted after. The only good thing - we got a lot of new national memes and anecdotes.