I have a question for HK, Singaporean, Swiss and Taiwanese anons

I have a question for HK, Singaporean, Swiss and Taiwanese anons

I plan on never getting married. Ever. But I do want to find a woman to spend my life with and have children, maybe 3.

What is the status of a woman taking 50% (or more) of what the man owns even if they're unmarried?

I basically am never going to get married in america because even if you aren't married, if you live in the same house as a woman for 6 months or more, she can basically take half of everything you own.

it's variously called common law marriage, palimony, and every few years they invent a new thing to steal from you that isn't protected in the prenup.

Looking for solution, thanks guys

self pity bump

also if there is a board with hk, sg, CH, or taiwan anons more likely to respond, I'd appreciate it

If it's the same to you, here in Italy we don't have that kind of laws. My parents aren't married and there are no laws about this situation

Why the fuck would I know
Post this on a normie site or something

it is all the same to me, basically, but I ask specifically about the countries I do because I speak related languages and have a decent shot at citizenship.

Dont fucking come here gweilo pigskin HK is filled with too many of you

Sex outside marriage is a Sin. Shame on you.

I've been to HK and there's no enough, there's too many Chinese though

also, many people where I live are simply unaware of the existing laws here

dunno man, I figured it might come up in conversation with parents, which is basically the only reason I know myself

reccs for a normie site dealing with foreign countries? I doubt people from hk or taiwan browse yahoo answers

may I suggest HK, they are wonderful people who live in a tremendous city. Such vibrant economy... and you can visit their commie master in about half an hour.

if it's any remote comfort to you I don't come for your ugly teochew women. I come for legal protections. and I'm not even leaning towards HK.

I like marriage, but not the legal baggage to the state that comes with it. I'd be more than happy to marry her in a church if the state did't use it as an opportunity to fist my ass, thanks, malayam kun

>teochew
what is your ancestry anyway? north-eastern chinese?

>malayam kun
Not him but please fuck off

is this an attempt to dissuade me? lol

some variety of nong. I'm a bit deracinated. I'm assuming it doesn't matter all that much among the expats

only malayams will talk about sin. my parents only harp on me about lineage.

>dissuade
no, I truly think HK is the best among the three or four cities/regions you listed. Robust economy and fairly westernized.
>nong
what is this? Do you mean your ancestors were peasants in China? It truly dosen't matter. 99% of chinese population have their ancestries linked to farm work I believe.

I was reading HK was the legal center in asia of new divorce lawsuits. the large amounts of earnings in the area, combined with english common law which has a habit of exponential mutation, has incentivized lawyers to basically over time, force legal precedent which allows divorce rape.

the laws are still better than here, but it makes me wary. for HK in particular I'm just curious if living together and having a child constitutes a "common law" marriage.

singapore quite expressly forbids it, which makes it an attractive destination.

I'm curious about taiwan because I can't read traditional and so information is hard for me to find regarding common law and divorce. I figured it might be better there.

and yeah, nong means peasant. I guess we came from somewhere around shanghai and then mixed, or something.

last self pity bump

Ignore this autists

and what exactly makes me an autist?

I'm telling you to ignore the autist I'm quoting you fucking retard

>retard
ah, thanks.

must be a kind of special chinese type of love

Common law is a state by state thing

common law marriage is state by state, but due to the common law process (no relation) states are usually forced to recognize the recognitions and rulings of other states according to the location the suit is filed.

common law went out of vogue and the new(er) trend was palimony, which was recognized in the vast majority of states, and due to the method of enforcement, was easier to force recogntion of accordng to the state the suit is filed in.

palimony is slightly declining, but there are a variety of other issues on the horizon that various lawyers hope to make a fortune on by being the one to set the new precedent.

US law is by definition a messy process, and being within the word of the law never (with emphasis) puts you beyond legal reproach.

don't ask me why I know this.