Jesus, v57 is really a great improvement of the shit Firefox had become. Why aren't you trying this?

Jesus, v57 is really a great improvement of the shit Firefox had become. Why aren't you trying this?

Because I tried it and it's still shit. Especially the Android version.

So what do you use? Chrome? Lol

>v57 is really a great improvement
It isn't. It's complete trash. And I'm a FireFox user.

I'm trying it out right now and really like it, but it definitely has problems (which discourage me from ditching the Chromium I've used for years).

Here's the big problem for me at the moment:
>Notifications show up on the wrong monitor
I have 2 monitors, the left one is vertical, the right one is horizontal (and is the default one). Notifications appear on the left monitor, while my browser never leaves the right monitor. It's obviously not supposed to be like this, but I can't find any settings regarding this.

And there's other minor annoying stuff (like the browser window autoresizing itself on startup to be 1080 pixels wide instead of 1920 for whatever reason), but overall it's pretty gud.

Honestly don't get how people can shit on Chrome
Sure, it might be a memory hog, but that's really not an issue if you have a decent amount of memory, and most importantly, having multiple taps open won't crash your entire browser.
Worst thing that happens with chrome is a tab crashes (and that barely happens anyway)
Firefox shits the bed all the time

Have webexts reached the stable branch already?

chromium was less of a memory hog than firefox last time i tried it

>No Download Statusbar webextension
Life is suffering. The default button thing is annoying as fuck, I don't get why people aren't complaining more about this.

I have literally 0 crash using my Aurora/Developer edition for 5+ years.

Firefox still uses retarded CSS "extensions" a.k.a. "we're going to purposely fuck with how sites render things because lol xDD". As much as I want to like Firefox, I can't support a browser that does this.

Yeah, months ago. 57 just turns off all the old ones and starts reaping the benefits.

>cliqz lel
>some sort of tentative connection to george soros
>initiative to censor "fake" news (i.e. news that our political leanings don't agree with, and don't think you should be allowed to see)
>google analytics everywhere
>"opt out" telemetry (at least you hope the button actually does something)
>a couple hundred grand in donated money (we're not for profit remember!) gets "re-donated" to a web services provider with alleged ties to domestic terrorist groups

You know, I think I'll just stick with Chrome. If I have to be part of a botnet, I might as well be a part of the one running the better software.

Speed is the least important attribute of a browser. It's lower priority than security, privacy, and customizability.

Also I use ESR because fuck this every-six-weeks bullshit. I don't wanna have to fix things that often.

Still can't do grammar checks for more than one language at a time.
Half of Google's stuff still either doesn't work or works like shit.

FF used to be my main browser back in the day and I kinda like how Nightly performs but I'm not gonna switch until at least those two issues are "fixed".

Beacuse it ain't in the repos yet.

>>"opt out" telemetry
That's the betas brah.

heh not that great but everything else I've tried is also shit and I'm used to it

>Still can't do grammar checks for more than one language at a time.
Fuck. Now that's real bad.
It doesn't even try to switch languages, what a joke.

Thank you TOR browser devs

I still don't see what they "fixed".

Firefox is still hogging an obscene amount of memory.
It's not faster than Chrome. It's the same.
It's full of annoying shit, like Mozilla-approved news and constant fucking tooltips about how nice the Mozilla foundation is.

>If I have to be part of a botnet, I might as well be a part of the one running the better software.
This really should be a slogan, if it isn't already.

>It's not faster than Chrome. It's the same.
I thought so too when I heard them say they've made everything a lot faster.
But I just noticed that Sup Forums threads load like 30% faster on Firefox Beta (with basically the same set of extensions that I have on Chrome).
This made me a believer, honestly. Because you know they got that Servo with Rust thing brewing, this is just a first taste and a proof of concept.

>Why aren't you trying this?
This is literally the most shill-like thing you can say

Admit it. You would buy it if you could afford it.

Because oddly enough I don't give a shit if a website loads a microsecond faster when I can't customize my browser (which I've done since Firefox 1.5).
It's literally just "Firefox: Chrome Edition" now.

There is only XUL

The video playback lags in my potato rig. They should fix it after they decided to rewrite it in rust.

No DTA no deal

DTA?

DownThemAll

literally everything javascript is slower than chrome

Isn't he working on some sort of "DTA Lite" for the new Firefox? Apparently it's not going to have anywhere near the same functionality, but it's better than nothing?

I used it once to collect bunch of smug anime pics with palememe.

Well after using it for a few days I haven't had much problem, just had to disable that pocket and news shit. Still, I'd like DTA or at least a decent replacement

>DTA or at least a decent replacement
There will never be such a thing

I'm using 58

What the fuck is up with FF lately? It always had memory problems, but the leaks are fucking ridiculous now.

I open the browser and it uses maybe 200mb of ram, and after a few hours, it's taking up anywhere from 1.2-2.2gb of ram. Did Mozilla purge every competent programmer in their diversity push?

idk what is the problem. werks for me

keep only one tab open then

Unused ram is wasted ram

After a few days, it still takes 2GB so there's no issue really.

No idea. I have ESR with a pile of extensions and it doesn't leak.

Then again this is what you get for running the regular "rapid release" version instead of an LTS branch. The whole point of rolling/rapid release is devs whining that testing and maintenance is hard and no fun and can't they just have everyone on the latest version, while they dick around with the latest new-shiny feature instead of fixing bugs?