Wait vega magic drivers

techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Call_Of_Duty_WW_II/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZwmzZjP3Oo
staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=1070 ti&start=101&links=20&showadres=1&pos=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait (R) Navi!

>Equal to a 1080 in 1440p
>Better than a 1080 at 4k
I have a hard time seeing what the fuss is all about and I haven't had a dedicated AMD/ATi card since the X1600.

Seriously thou, nobody except a complete moron plays on a 1080p display when they can afford a Vega 64, 1070 Ti or better.

You can't it 60 fps @ 4k with vega/1070/1080

Try harder Shill. I read all the whitepapers and am a part of the AMD Vanguard program with insider information on the newest drivers. AMD just trolled the 1070ti into production and is about to release drivers with ~30% better performance.
V56=GTX 1080
V64=1080ti
Just Wait™

Bait but not bad

Where's 1050Ti? Is it even down there?

Just bought my Vega 56 for $399 today. Can't wait.

God fucking dammet pajeet & his hardware dudes are probably rolling around dying of laughter while software monkeys are tearing their hair apart trying to make the thing work.

????

magic drivers is amd spin way of saying, releasing shitty drivers.
Nvidia could ask themselves if they should purposely release crap drivers

>Seriously thou, nobody except a complete moron plays on a 1080p display when they can afford a Vega 64, 1070 Ti or better.
now 1080/144hz on the other hand

SIR PLS DELET

>Nov
>still no partner cards

>no supply
>Apple stealing all the good chips
>desktop GPU's are overvolted to shit to make up for shit yields
>memory prices skyrocking
>no drivers

8/10 you had me convinced until the trademark.

The drivers work fine kiddo.

You never used S3 or ATI Rage-era drivers.

I saw this pic on Sup Forums like over 9000 time

what about this one?

Destiny, Doom, Wolfengoy, Dirt, forza, etc, are all entirely shader dependent which is where vega does well. Once you actually stress outside of purely just shaders, like at 4K, vega falls back down the list.

But you just gotta wait for special features

Thats was BEFORE the nvidia drivers update

>BETA
nice try, nvidia shill

Mine come in tomorrow. Im hype!

This bench was done with the old drivers...

388.0 was technically designated as a beta for 388.13 but it's still a public release, you can go check the launch notes

>He bought multiple
Is your 1300 watt PSU ready for that?

Why is the 1080ti such a piece of shit? It should get at least 147fps, but no, 146.3.

STRAIGHT TRASH.

>Cawdooty
>on pc
who cares

Where's the amd cawadooty poster? This is the perfect thread for that faggot to post this image.

>blower Vega 56 $490
>dual fan 1070ti $535
>used 1070 $345-385

is it wrong i want to watch her poop then sniff her bum afterwards?
i feel so awful for 1080 owners. the 1070 ti really takes a shitting on with how close it gets. i don't see any reason anymore to buy a 1080. and it was already a poor buy after the 1080 ti came out.

What? I bought my 56 just the other week for $420 with cashback from ebay that covered the tax and shipping.

Also, it's clear that Vega is bottlenecked at the front. The RX 460 is nearly 2x more resource efficient. If Vega gets 100% per teraflop of compute capability, the RX460 gets 200% per teraflop. Feeding resources is a big problem that AMD has been struggling for since the very first GCN, it's clear the front end is a huge point of weakness and NGG purports to relieve the problem somewhat. It could be a big deal, it could be nothing, we'll see if it ever comes out.

AiB Vega WHEN? I'm ready to buy right now.

but muh async compute

you must be pretty goddamn dense then

But when every green title gimps performance by a tesselation is totally ok, amrite? Only nvidia strong points are allowed to be heavily usef in games?

of course!

vega and pascal stock clocks are shit

overclocked they both shit on the lower tier cards

Vega is overclocked out of thr box.

Any pascal card can overclock, infact it's the 1060 where the highest clocks are reported. Mine sits at 2150 and it'a one of those Asus turbo blower ones, at 50% fan speed it holds under 80 degrees

as a 1070 owner i'm suck of geting pwnd on every beachmark.
Feeling buyers remorse now.

Just kidding my GTX 1070 over kill for my 720p display but say why do people even care anymore about benchmarks its going to be a little boring now isn't

>tfw no high refresh rate 720p/800p monitors
Not even the chinese make then, ehat gives? Also 1920x1200@144hz please.

The 1080 is 1.5 years old

Nvidia BTFO

lmao they are already gimping the 1080. Poor Paxwell buyers

>maximum
>yeah lets just write down that great fps we had for half a second before it plummeted back into the abyss
Very informative TP

>Vega 56
>MSRP

>Sell Titan X(Pascal) size chip with expensive memory at price GTX 1070.

Which is completely normal.
Both IHVs sold 600mm^2 dies.

>Wait vega magic drivers
>You can't it 60 fps
Learn English, you useless bag of shit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/kys/

Vega 64 is also heavily thermal throttled, just by undervolting or increasing the fan speed you can improve performance like 10%, it's absurd. if custom Vega ever does come out it's going to be fantastic, albeit the power consumption at high clocks is still pretty bad.

Custom cards don't matter as long as Vega doesn't work properly.
Strix64 was actually worse than fucking reference.

stop making me regret not buying a 570 at launch price to switch from my gtx 760 pls ;/

>Also, it's clear that Vega is bottlenecked at the front. Feeding resources is a big problem that AMD has been struggling for since the very first GCN, it's clear the front end is a huge point of weakness and NGG purports to relieve the problem somewhat

AMD intentionally skimps on the front end, since they want to be able to make a smaller number of parts that will be used in GPGPU applications without wasting a bunch of die space there on fixed function units that won't really be used.

I'd be more OK with them trying to make jack-of-all-trades parts if they'd just enable more shit in their consumer cards, like SR-IOV in Vega.

>Strix64 was actually worse than fucking reference.

Given asus' history of AMD and their strix designs this is par for the course. The only time theur strix card in recent times has been better than reference was the 290x strix and that is only because the ref 290x cooler is worse than the vega reference cooler.

AMD in general is trying to keep GCN as programmable as possible as it opens up some very interesting ways to hit the hardware to maintain throughput.

I play on a 2560x1080 165hz monitor with my Vega 64, monitor is Freesync so the Vega goes along very well.

Progrmmability can't solve front-end bottlenecks no matter how many tricks on might try to pull.
NGG fixed it, but it went MIA after launch.

Yeah, wait, I forgot about that. Why isn't that happening, again?

Wolf TNC uses it though. Too bad it's shit.

Where the fuck is NGG.
It's been half a year since FE launch.

>VRAMlets

I bet you boinc like a motherfucker on that.

Geometry isn't the only problem. GCN chokes on opencl benches it should destroy relative to Nvidia counterparts, it's clear the CU block schedulers have some weakness in them. The ACE units should be more than enough to feed the CUs but clearly something is going wrong, at least for certain workloads. Said to say but its time to move on from GCN based architectures. They can't even scale it up proportionately

Just like nVidia should move away from g80-based architectures?
Besides you know AMDs OCL implementation is shit (currently).

Why are there still no custom coolers for vega?

>Why are there still no custom coolers for vega?
Ask AMD.

Literally nobody even said that. I was just talking about being purely shader bound and you came in with your tinfoil hat.

>63209831
V56 is literally $400 right now, For the price difference between it and a 1070ti you could buy a good cooler for the 56.

It's tempting, a 56 for 340 Euro or a 64 for 400 Euro... but I would need a new power supply, would need to sell my RX 580, and since I don't play much (and only at 1080p)... too much hassle.

Redux along with the vanguard drivers (goddamn NDA) better turon on Vega's rape mode.

>being this deluded

whats redux, a game or some amd software?

Crimson ReLive Redux.
New iteration of their driver suite.

new UI
aka

so redus is the suite name, vanguard is the driver?

No, the Q4 update is called Crimson ReLive Redux.
Vanguard program is their Windows Insider-like thingy.

vanguard is the name of a beta testing program that is being going on for a few months
dbsr and primitives shit
currently they are trying to fill the area of low tier people with literally dog shit setups to see how well it goes (there are quite a lot of people that are still rocking athlons 631...)

ok redux is the drive/software suite
vanguard is the name of their beta program.

so last retarded question, there any release date for it or general feeling as to when the drivers are coming out?

>here any release date for it or general feeling as to when the drivers are coming out?
Q4 as usual.
Catalyst Omega was that, Crimson was that, Crimson ReLive was that, Crimson ReLive Redux will be that.
Think of it as an actual Vega launch, with AIB cards and working software.

well the biggest iterations of raden drivers comes every q4 each year nowdays..
so i guess from tomorrow till dec 31
and given how they probably dont wanna miss the chrstmas sales i guess 1 to 3 weeks before that

Honestly with vega, I would want to be out before thanksgiving,

well cant really say much but given the numbers i see its getting a nice boost overall

Well duh, not every year one can witness someone launching an unfinished GPU.

here's hoping something interesting happens, while I love how cool and quiet my 1060 is, i fucking despise the little control you get with nvidia drivers and like that I can set specific running frequencies with amd.

Depends on when you got it, for me a couple of months ago I got a 1080 for 540€, I sold it last month for 500€ and got a 1080 ti in the states for 650€.

consumer vega drivers are dog shit
pro vega drivers are top notch
people dont wanna understand that amd back then didnt had money to develop for both segments

They could've developed both branches simultaneously, but that would've costed them their SIGGRAPH keynote.

raja said that lisa got all of the funds rtg had and throw it on the ryzen team
so that answers your idiotic statement

They could've developed both branches simultaneously, but they'd have nothing to show on SIGGRAPH then, and their keynote was all Radeon Pro this year.

>Call of Duty
Why is that meme still popping up? It's dead, Jim.

youtube.com/watch?v=vZwmzZjP3Oo

That one seems nice.

The only vega benchmarks that matter

>Vega is overclocked out of thr box.
i was under the impression it was limited by bad initial yields and shit silicon lottery.

didnt all hte good stuff go to the apu's and ryzens? as well as scorpio?

as a 1080 owner its ironically $100aud+ cheaper when i got my g1 at 720 shipped compared to the 1070ti at these prices $700aud+ and like $30+ for shipping usually

staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=1070 ti&start=101&links=20&showadres=1&pos=2

fucked

damn, lol my 1080 is still cheaper tho

goes to show the bottleneck wasnt ram or gddr5x which was a bit of a flop its clocks and manufacturing processes

$400 GPU is performing on par with a 600$ gpu

> with AIB cards

I doubt

>and working software.

I hold the faith. Deus Veult!