/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

PCB edition

Previous thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

learnyouanagda.liamoc.net/pages/peano.html
medium.com/javascript-non-grata/the-top-10-things-wrong-with-javascript-58f440d6b3d8
medium.com/javascript-non-grata/javascript-is-a-dysfunctional-programming-language-a1f4866e186f
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bueno.

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

Rust + Scheme is the best combination and is what real anime programmers use!

Rust is a numale meme language and Go is objectively the best C replacement

you shitstirring fleshwastes.

>GC
>no generics
>to use a fixed version of a third party library you literally have to download a snapshot of its source
go shits on itself far more than we ever could

I'm here for the gangbang.

I'm a big fan of both homoiconic languages and functional languages, but I don't like Scheme.

Most implementations commit some Heresy that I could never support. I guess Guile Scheme is OK, but nothing special.

How the fuck can people still use emacs or vim? You have to be some old fart who smells of rotting diarrhea to think text-only editors are good.

I like Go and this is not a shitpost

nene & K-chan used sepples though

I like how this post capitalizes the word "Heresy".

>text-only editors
As opposed to...?

I thought the purpose of a text editor was to edit text and emacs was for playing tetris.

So /dpt/..
>What city/country do you work in?
>Formal education level?
>What do you do at your job (frameworks, languages, day to day shit)?
>How long did it take you to find your job?
>How much do you get paid?

How do I learn Agda

Fuck off and die.

learnyouanagda.liamoc.net/pages/peano.html

imagine being a 5'6 programmer

you can just hide in your cube though

>cube
showing your age, grandpa. programmers work in open office layouts these days

yeah in your booster seat lmao

>tfw I don't have to imagine

>tfw 5'3
dont remind me lad

learn Idris instead

>:)

finally getting around to learning Javascript. I've been exposed to Haskell, C, Java, Python.

jesus christ how do people tolerate Javascript? does it get better?

depends on where you live i imagine
some places are still stuck in the 1990s

nope

whats wrong with it faggot? its the same syntax as Java, has dynamic typing like Python. Holy shit your such as fucking faggot for trying to pull the shitiest bait ive ever seen. also, nice job falling for the 0 employment haskell meme. i wouldnt put that on a resume

sometimes I wish it were still the 90s

I for one would rather work in a dull, depressing box than being put right next to incompetent idiots who won't shut up all day.

At least this hell is quiet.

>tfw employed 6'2 haskell programmer

Give me a small/medium C side project idea that i can be done with in 2-3 weeks. I want to put it on my github.

You don't think I would too? That time is gone, though. We were born too late. There will be no salvation left for us.

Trying to port some drivers from a 3.4 GPL kernel drop to 4.9 Mainline. Fuck me, and fuck Applied Micro SoCs.

So how many dino tenders do you get daily?

>he thinks haskell jobs don't exist
I had no idea blub programmers were literally blinkered. Although to be fair, it was a Java shop until I told all the sub-6' people there that they were going to begin using Haskell.

medium.com/javascript-non-grata/the-top-10-things-wrong-with-javascript-58f440d6b3d8

medium.com/javascript-non-grata/javascript-is-a-dysfunctional-programming-language-a1f4866e186f

whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/

It's disgusting. In an office meeting we were asked honestly how we felt about open work environments and everyone raved about the "" synergy"" even though our output is now less than when we were cubed. They asked if anyone preferred cubes and like 3 of us raised our hands. Fuck this anything to give HR something to do bullshit.

Bootstrapping C compiler.

I count Python and Javascript experience as negatives when interviewing people.

i bet your company is doing amazing with a socially inept autist like you on board

And who exactly do you interview? Are you one of those Sup Forums survey fags?

We're incredibly productive because we don't have to hand-hold people who have brains that have been addled by shitlang use.

I interview people for backend programming positions.

And do you have experience with python or javascript yourself?

i bet you would never lie on an anonymous imageboard on a friday night you god forsaken loser

Shhh... We're not supposed to challenge his delusions.

Thankfully very little, only enough to know what terrible, ill-conceived languages they are.

It's never too late to unlearn something. Shitlang use is forgiven if it was sufficiently long ago. We were all foolish when we were young.

I immediately throw out anyone who puts C++ on their CV.

Well, let's hear it then. In this fantasy of yours, what language does you(or your team) use?

PureScript

What do you do if they don't have C++ on their cv but use a github containing a medium -> large scale server project written in pure c++?

And how many dino tenders do you get?

What is a dino tender?

Zero.

What's the opinion on CLion? Visual Studio is incredibly bloated, but had a great set of tools. Thinking of using CLion until I for some reason need the tools on VS.

It's about the same as Vim or Atom with a decent plugin setup.

The cube is love

Just use some language that compiles to javascript
Like clojuescript

overpriced shit that should be free.

>Just started classes
Kill me.

It's not that bad, just sit there and pretend to pay attention.

I did, I'm rewatching videos on it though. It doesn't help the one I'm watching introduces new elements while also attempting to teach classes, though

Oh I meant classes as in methods, not courses

fucking idiot

Quality post, glad I read it. 10/10

TypeScript is pretty nice too.

>tfw just wrote a hello world in Go so when companies ask if I have experience in it I can say yes

Yes, but Lain used Lisp. It's canon.

>with rib meat

Joke's on you when you end up having to use Go full time

eh, its basically a baby's version of C so I think I'll be alright

Kobayashi uses Python

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh boy, you're in for a world of pain if you ever have to use Go for real. You have absolutely no idea

Go is more of a meme language than C++

So these threads have fully devolved into language shitposting?

its not like anyone is sharing their work other than the occasional "plz help me on my homework" question

It's been like that for a while.

nah emacs is a full-fledged operating system only lacking a text editor

>why would people talk about programming languages in a programming thread

In the middle of a order matching engine in C++. This is actually much easier than I thought.

>tfw I'm the guy with the Haskell job offer from last thread and I'm a 6'2" white male
holy fuck I just realized how master race I am

what kinds of things do you work on at your haskell "job"?

So I bit the memelang bullet and tried out Idris.

...it's surprisingly practical. Somehow I expected it to be more autistic, but I was able to write a basic parser without too much trouble.

I can actually see it being a reasonably good language for DSL's and code generation.

good lad.
Glad to have a third user.

>tfw have to write a spellchecker by monday and haven't started yet

#!/bin/bash
aspell "$@"

>tfw you might not get a job before the tech bubble pops

what's the easiest way to push git -> deploy? minimum of bullshit involved in setting it up.

I know that feel. What then?

gitlab has built in stuff and testing as well.

Probably join the Air Force as an officer or go work in Eastern Europe.

>tfw live in flyover state with no hope for employment other than some shitty IT job
at least its easy and stable

Easy money and lots of time for hobbies and side gigs.

It's only a matter of time until some non-English speaking Asians take your IT job.

Given this code and my lack of method knowledge, could I summarize these lines as such:

Stopwatch watch = new Stopwatch();
//assigns the Stopwatch class to the variable "watch" and let's us actually access the Stopwatch class
And of course now that "watch" exists, watch.Start/Stop(); refers to the respective code contained in public void Start/Stop();

>tfw you stop trying to apply for tech positions with your resume and just let your friend get you a networking gig

The amount of nepotism required to land an actual IT job is mind-boggling.