Literally how do you fuck up a web-browser this badly? Its something of a marvel how shit firefox is in 2017

Literally how do you fuck up a web-browser this badly? Its something of a marvel how shit firefox is in 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-tools/
wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But Firefox quantum is good

It used to be a good browser because it didn't consumed all the fucking RAM like Chrome does. Now Opera is the nee Firefox.

>vivaldi
fixed that for you, opera is a chink botnet, china bought it for billions

>chromium fork with a custom icon
At least it doesn't give you buttcoin for looking at ads.

I just installed Firefox quantum beta. It is fucking FAST. Converted me from chromium. Give it a shot

it's not single process anymore though...

>I use firefox
>randomly starts stuttering and hanging everytime I want to click on or type something

Why does this happen.

Isn't that a good thing tho

Is this shilling?
I've seen comments like this all over the place suddenly after months of firefox hate threads.
Damage control?

57 is faster than any other browser out there and it's still far more modifiable than any other browser in existence

Try 57, it's still more unstable than Chrome (GitHub search pages crash the tab without exception for example) but it's a hell of a lot closer while still letting me customize the UI.

I don't really think that had much to do with it. I stopped recommending Firefox to people because it was literally sizeably worse than the competition, I couldn't in good conscience tell people to use it. It would regularly lock up for a minute or more at a time when trying to use multiple heavy pages at once in it (say, Discord + YouTube + Facebook + Skype).

this and 58

What drama is this? All I know is that FF has become progressively slower.

Anyone saying Firefox is slow has not tried 57.

b-but unstable

Except previous versions of Firefox

I want a extension to customize new tab page. Should I worry about the permissions on this add on? addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-tools/

More stable than release unless you go enabling experimental features.

Alright you convinced me. Gonna try the beta now.

Chromecucks getting desperate I see. Enjoy your botnet.

It's great for Android. Tab queueing alone

Nightly is FAST as FUCK and lightweight too (runs perfectly on 2gb of RAM)

>ESR
Still usable but everything chromium is considerably faster, snappier.
I tried o move to chromium but I couldn't find all the addons.
Not using the addons would mean wasting time so it's as fast for what I use it at the end of the day.

Benchmarks say otherwise

It maybe fast but on my dalid 200 kb connection it's slower than chrome at loading page, in fact every browser loses to chrome

That fat fucking ui

I don't understand the people on here that prioritize speed over privacy. I mean, yeah, there's a line, but I don't think the line is less than two seconds slower.

Anyways, I'm on Waterfox. I'll take my privacy add-ons over speed.

It's a good browser, maybe you should get a better computer.

>I don't understand the people on here that prioritize speed over privacy
peepole don't have to protect themselves
protection is outsourced
corporations protect you, the polis, the military
you just sit back and relax and enjoy

Have you ever watched the movie "Goodbye, World"? If not, you probably should.

Damn now form history control doesn't work.
Anybody have a lazarus alternative that works wtih firefox 57?

I was just about to fill in two job applications with the exact same format too.

I don't have a fucking clue what mozilla is thinking with 57 dropping 90% of currently working addons

How long before 57 becomes current?

10 days.
wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

It's actually pretty straightforward. Maintaining the system those addons were based on was killing them slowly. They couldn't update their engine, so they were slow as fuck. They couldn't implement a sandbox, so they were insecure as fuck. Giving the addons infinite power meant they could crash the browser, or slow shit down, or do shady things, and they needed constant updates when ff made even minor improvements. With the API system that webext uses, all that is fixed, and they can actually start improving their browser.

Is this going to make it easier to make addons compatible for both chrome and firefox now?

It seems unlikely. Some Add-ons that are currently on Chrome and FF56 will not be available for FF57. One example that comes to mind is the DNSSEC/TLSA Validator.

Anyone uses Firefox on Android?
It's fucking cancer

It's fine

I don't like firefox on android or iOS. I use firefox on my computers but my phone and ipad have chrome.

Yes. Edge, safari, opera and chrome all already use webext, firefox is the last one to jump on board. There's been the ability to run some chrome addons in firefox for a while now, but this is going to make it much easier for devs. The main issue is APIs. FF is going to have a lot more range with its APIs, so in the long run it should be able to do more with its addons. But they're still pretty young, so at this point it's hard to figure out how to replicate some functionality that chrome's implemented outside of the core webext spec.

Good to hear. Recently I have been feeling like a lot of addon devs started favouring chrome because of the larger userbase and easier time they have pushing out updates.

Now I just need to find a Lazarus: Form Recovery equivalent for firefox 57.

According to

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0

it's on its way.

>type in address bar
>firefox can't keep up with typing

>scroll down page
>stutters for a second at a time

>go Back
>takes a fucking age to reload the previous page (miss you opera)

>load a js-heavy site such as a shopping site
>firefox quickly goes up to >3GB memory usage and eventually either freezes sporadically or crashes

no, because multi-process browsers are guaranteed to hog RAM if you use more than one tab. single-process firefox has typically been better, but it has always had a memory leak and now it just balloons out of control if you go to the wrong sort of site.

>install the recommended Simple Form History plugin for now
>filling in a job application
>apparently I took too long and it logged me out so when I try to submit I have to log back in
>page reloads and all the fields are reset
>as far as I can tell there is no way to repopulate them
FUCK

I don't let my shit autofill. If I need to enter the same shit over and over, I just split the screen between the browser and leafpad, and fill out all the common shit (name, phone number, address, email, work history, etc etc) and then copy-paste it in.

It's not so much autofill as it is "don't lose that essay you wrote when the page refreshes"

Again, type it up in leafpad, and then copy-paste it in.

Page refreshes suck, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my privacy for convenience when said convenience is literally "ctrl+A, ctrl+C, click in the text box, ctrl+v."

FF is a victim of google fud, well played

>muh benchmarks
Who cares that chrome is 5% faster/better under certain conditions? You're still using it to browse an imageboard that looks straight out of the early 2000s

just enable adblocking already by default
>benchmarks show FF 59 is now 2000% times faster opening sites

What?

user is saying that if the browser automatically blocked ads which slow down everything then it would be a lot faster.
I am not sure why they replied to your post and not the ones you are replying to though.

All browsers are shit. Welcome to the modern web.

anybody know how can i set the dwonlaod folder to donwloads when i click to open a file instead of saving it?
it's kinda annoying that if i click open the file saves to the temporary folder, and if i click save then i have to go to the downloads button or folder and open the file

stitching the convo, the rendering engine and artificial benchmarks mean exactly nothing

dare uu to watch a youtube video with vanilla chrome, fucking 2 minutes ad in your face (but the page was renderde 0.0002ps faster once every all the botnet assets are loaded)

Ahh I see we are in agreement

which version of firefox will let me use noscript and vimfx forever?

Waterfox definitely will. It will have compatibility with the old add-ons and the new extensions.

>make a shortcut to your Downloads folder
>Name it "donwloads"
>install chromium