I've become to addicted to my smartphone, too much browsing...

I've become to addicted to my smartphone, too much browsing. I've been looking to replace it with a dumb phone but there is a single feature that I need: Crypto-chat.
Normal SMS are pretty much public, I know a lot of devs that worked on telecom companies and the bad practices there are insane, even devs have read access to prod database with all SMS there. A single dev if he wants can read all your SMS history. This violates a lot of security and privacy stuff.
But I still need to communicate with people. And I've been using apps like Signal to do so.
My question is: Are there any cheap dumbphones with support for some safe crypto chat application?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/time-dorks/the-distraction-free-android-2fd595c77747
medium.com/time-dorks/my-year-with-a-distraction-free-iphone-and-how-to-start-your-own-experiment-6ff74a0e7a50
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just delete the browser from your smartphone?

>I need to hide what messaging

Fuck off terrorist pedo.
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

No ISP cares about autists sharing anime and Linux ISO’s, you’re all just perverted sick bomber trash.

Parental control, give the password to someone else or just type random password. Disable browser, app installing, etc.

The ability for the smartphone to do things is not the problem, you are. It can download fart apps, you just didn't.

>blah blah blah some fake made up excuse on why smartphones are shit muh privacy
Yeah you don't know what you're talking about, just admit you're a hipster.

I see this "I want a piece of shit dumbphone but I need it to actually be a smartphone for some modern need" question all the time. What you want is some $40 chinese novelty that can run android. Then you can do whatever you want and it will be unique and snowflake enough so that you can't get anything done on it. LG makes a $10 android phone for example, it's small and horrible, but it will let you bridge this hipster gap.

Get a deprecated OS phone and develop a Signal client for it.

I recommend Symbian S60 series, specially enterprise phones (E series) such as E52, E60 or E71

AFAIK there was a Kik Messenger app for Nokia S60 phones

fuck off alphabet, some people like privacy

I'm also addicted but I also need smartphone for getting shit done yet cancer like Sup Forums and reddit is just a click away.

Pls help.

Pretending that a dumbphone is "more secure" than a smartphone is just being a neo-luddite or nostalgiafag.

You can indeed buy free android phones made using free hardware. And they make replicant exactly for this reason.

Every dumbphone you ever buy is non-free for both. You really don't know shit on what you're talking about, you just never thought about it when you had a dumbphone, that doesn't mean that going back to it means you're more secure. Unless you provide your own OS, you're 15 years out of date and also have a 15 year old un-updatable version of java. Please stop posting in this thread, and go to /fa/ because this is not technology it is a hipster fashion accessory.

automated shill detected

hey this was fun, wait a few days and remake the thread like you always do.

asdasd

San Bernadildo fags used iphones.

I see no argument against dumbphones.

A smartphone can be a completely free dumbphone and it can be a better dumbphone than any dumbphone you can find. You can even buy chinese novelties to have a different form factor so you can pretend to be different which is what you think this is about. But it's OK, just wait a while and make the thread again. What this is really about is "finding" people from the "good old days" so you can jack off on some gay IRC pseudo community.

This. But does Android have parental controls?

medium.com/time-dorks/the-distraction-free-android-2fd595c77747

medium.com/time-dorks/my-year-with-a-distraction-free-iphone-and-how-to-start-your-own-experiment-6ff74a0e7a50

>tfw the nokia 150 isn't compatible with burgerland's gsm bands
why? ;_;

Stop larping and take your pills.

And they got away with it, really makes you think. Looks like Apple wins again, the only company that cares about privacy.

I'm tempted to just buy an ebook reader. That's all I really use my smartphone for anyway.

Android phone battery= 24 hours
Dumb phone battery= 24 days

>A smartphone can be a completely free dumbphone and it can be a better dumbphone than any dumbphone you can find

Smartphone batteries last for hours. Dumbphone batteries last for days.

There are IRC clients for S40. Combine with Bitlbee on your own server for good encrypted IM.

so much this
OP BTFO

type in your messages already encrypted, with your friends using one-time pads to decrypt them
keep it simple, stupid

All the smartphone OSes are botnet, and Android is the biggest botnet of all.
Your data is already in the cloud, so just give up.
Also browsers leak data.

I suggest you adjust your behavior rather than adjusting the technology you use, since that is clearly the problem, not the smartphone.

Still repeating this 2008 shit to keep yourself dumb huh