gnu tards in 3..2..1..

most popular for sure.

What makes you say that?

distrowatch says mint is most popular

probably because of cinnammon

What make you say that?

youtu.be/jugDYkYp0NA

clang, musl > gcc, glibc

That's not most popular. That's most page views. Doesn't mean people actually downloaded, installed, used, and enjoyed the distro. They just looked at the mint page on distrowatch.

it does mean something though

>distrowa-
stopped reading there.
also no one limited the discussion to desktop linux, even if we did ubuntu probably still blows mint out of the water. lts is a powerful incentive to chose it over any other distro.

i never remember mint gave me a error. Everthing works perfecly fine. Ubuntu full of errors. I cant even type apt-get install [software name], software center full of bugs and ubuntu wont let me install old version of it.

mint is better.

i am going to move to fedora soon enough, I require the latest software, and my linux skillz have reached a higher point so I don't need babby linux as much now

>linux skillz
don't reply to me ever again, or else you'll regret it kid.

Debian + Cinnamon from a nonfree ISO is the best option for home computers. I use stable for my home server, testing for desktop PC and Sid for my laptop.

Nothin' personal, kiddo.

Ubuntu is a turd.

Uses apt.

Why?

clang my ass
i can't even compile cpython properly with that shit without getting any stupid errors

What wrong with that?

It doesn't mean anything, Mint automatically makes the homepage of the pre-installed firefox browser their Distrowatch page.
It's heavily inflated because of that reason.

LOL

>homepage

huh, won't that act as an accurate measurement though? unless people don't change their homepage...

No, it's more aimed at people first installing Linux mint.
Once you install it and open firefox you immediately visit the distrowatch page.

Lol we're the same. Apart from cinnamon

You're the one making the statement, so prove it

Manjaro I3 just werks and is comfier

>systemD

Eh.. there are always some errors that wont go away (the big icon stay in the panel).
No GUI support for actually turning off mouse acceleration completely.
Search function barely works.
The software app always freezes, in my 9 installations of ubuntu, I managed to install chrome naturally only once. The rest of my tries I had to download gdebi and run the .deb file from there.
The wifi software messes up a lot.

Personally I use Xubuntu which has GUI support for zero mouse acceleration, and the rest of the problems rarely happen for some reason

it's not the best, but if you want to work in peace then you should choose Ubuntu because almost everything there should work out of box, rarely you will have to install missing dependecies

That site is visited by distro hoppers, not people who are content with their first GNU/Linux that is Ubuntu