If money is no object but thermal constraints are, should I get a covfefe lake or skylake-x...

If money is no object but thermal constraints are, should I get a covfefe lake or skylake-x? It'll run with a single titan xp. I'm not paying for it, the company is.

The problem is the case it'll be in supports a single slim 360 radiator and I don't want it to be loud as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconlottery.com/products/delid
siliconlottery.com/collections/all/intel-i7-8700k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a liquid nitrogen cooling system.

just get some 1700X

Needs to be intel

(I have an overclocked r5 1600 on my home machine that I paid for)

Skylake-X is a disaster and Coffin Lake is a paper launch. Intel went down the shitter.

Skylake-X delid, at least it's available.

>money no subject
>must be intel
lolkay I'll bite.
buy covfefe lake and clock it down. it's only a housefire because shilltel cranked up the frequency to place it at the top of the CS:GO 720p fps chart to impress gaymer kiddies who pay with daddy's credit card.

I'll be getting the parts in January, so paper launch isn't an issue

I would rather buy threadripper and use 4 m.2 in raid 0

Money no object because the company is paying for it, same reason why it needs to be intel.

I thought a 360 radiator could handle covfefe lake fine? Another option would be just not watercooling the graphics card, but it has that shitty blower cooler that's constantly throttling the card at 82 degrees unless it sounds like a leaf blower.

Threadripper would also be too much to handle for a single radiator alongside the GPU, no? Not that I can get one

I have 8700k at 5ghz but obv go skylake x for i9 if I had the money

Why does it need to be Intel exactly? Just get a Thrradripper

you walk into glofo and cop a Zen2

The company I work for gets intel workstations only due to some autistic instruction set issues. I'd get a 1800x if it was my own money for this setup (I think threadripper+titan xp is too much for a slim 360 radiator)

>AMDrone trying to false flag

Just answer the question faggot

I'd get an i9 if we weren't stuck with the small hipster cases some retard in marketing thought was a good idea. This is the best cooling I can get and EKWB themselves say it's 300W max.

>don't want it to be loud as fuck.
If price is not an issue get delidded 8700K from shop!
siliconlottery.com/products/delid

If you do not have such option then jus get 8700K and downclock parts until you reach needed noise level and temps.

siliconlottery.com/collections/all/intel-i7-8700k
better link

I doubt the drones would buy a delidded one for me or let me try to rek the processor. Worth asking though.

Then yeah, get an i9. Any monetary constraints? You can get a hell of a lot more cores on i9 but it'll cost a lot. Just don't overclock it. They're not too much of a housefire stock.

Also worth checking if Threadripper/EPYC have the instruction sets you need.

I asked, they already said no to Ryzen.

EKWB configurator says x299+i9 7900x+titan xp will eat up 390W while the cooler can only dissipate 300W

I saw that it must be Intel, but how the fuck do you consider housefire-x and at the same time say TR is to much to handle? Intel's shit of a HEDT consumes more power, also don't forget the cum inside.

If it is a workstation, get a Xeon W

housefire-x 10 core one is rated at 140w, threadripper at 180.

also an option.

I could also get the 8-core threadripper of course which I assume would be lower TDP, but I don't see why I would prefer that over a much more lower power 1800x since I won't be using all dem pci-e lanes

I don't understand faggots like you who complain about fan noise i have 4 fans, the cpu cooler and my gpu running at 100% constantly and don't even acknowledge the fan noise stop being a faggot

>believing Intel's TDP measurements
Riiiiight. Both AMD and Nvidia do it right, but not Intel. Just google the actual charts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the TDP is accurate for stock clocks. Turbo Boost is what housefires it.

i9 7900x is slightly lower than 1950x for fewer cores (but both are 400+W while the radiator I can place is 300W)

>being this poor

You are liquid cooling the GPU on the same loop?

>total system power draw
Can you read?

threadripper if you do real work.
r7 1800x + vega 64 if you're a manchild that plays vidyagaymes.

just get cooler master aio cpu.
and 120mm aio for the gpu.

8700k or 1800x man. fuck the x299 chipset. its dogshit.

Oh yes, that's the only option if you want a powerful Intel processor without cum under the lid.

those are soldered? I thought even the xeon bronze-platinums are not soldered

The whole system is going to be cooled by a 300W cooler, even if we assume 100W lost to convection and shit it's too much

Xeons also have mayo under the lid following the platinum-gold-poop naming scheme