/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

jauce.com/auction/v524299435
customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/uber-dt770.html
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GBST44I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My M40Xs finally were the victim of 90KGs of ass hitting them

What's the cheapest AMP/DAC that can power the HD 598s or possibly 600s

Would really prefer to not go anywhere above $110

onboard

Are you sure that you need a DAC and/or amp, fattie?

Most people have perfectly fine and functioning onboard sound that can power most dynamic headphones.

Hd598 or hd599 don't need an amp

Hd6X0 do need an amp

>Hd6X0 do need an amp
It doesn't.

Are there any good standalone dacs under $100 cdn other than the schiit modi 2? I would get the modi but it would be over $150 after shipping+import taxes.

E10K
UCA202

Dat pic.

The Fulla 2 easily, and I don't even own one anymore before I get called a shill by some retard.

Fulla 2 is all you need for either

Idol trash here.
user, what's your setup like?

600 + modi2 + magni 3

It's Saturday, the drink is flowing. It's music time lads.

>2017
>buying DACs for consumer usage
Haha.

:^)

>no anime feet
Shit thread

Hello poorfag here
So here's the story: The retard who built my house didn't use acoustic insulation in the walls so you can hear the garage from the furthest room and since my room is in the middle of the house I have to deal with everyone's shit.
>tl;dr my house is loud
I would like you guys to recommend me a pair of $200 US or lower noise canceling headphones.
I'm a normie retard so I kind of like the way sennheiser sounds. I know they have a poorfag option too? Any advice?

Is Audio-gd better than Schiit? r/headphones seems to think so.

>2017
>accepting my hissing onboard sound

'no'

Go away, CG.
HD 280 Pro.

No idea but it's fucking MASSIVE. The volume knob looks like it might be nice and smooth at least?

/r/headphones is literally Head-Fi lite.
My onboard soundcard only hisses with ultra low impedance IEMs like SE535. Nice try.

Should I get a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 32 Ohm for monitoring with my Zoom H6?

Why haven't you bought a flagship headphone yet? Unlike graphics cards or phones it doesn't deprecate.

Relieve yourself of the $300 mid range hell and laugh when they bring the same discussion up every single thread knowing you have better audio equipment.

What do you mean nice try you fucking retard? I said MY on board hisses. You have no idea what it sounds like. God I fucking hate this place now.

It's a good choice.
Because they're no better than what you consider to be the mid range hell. In fact you can get very cheap headphones and IEMs with very high fidelity for a low price.

I'm drunk AF alreday :X
HD600 sound so good,.

NOICE lad

Finally bit the bullet and bought the HD600.

My Vocaloids never sounded better tbqh.

HD600 + Schiit gear is rapidly becoming a /hpg/ meme.

Try im@s and love live then.

Has been for literally years

They become a meme in the eyes of easily influenced 20 year old faggots who have never tried them. Good gear will always be good.

>Good gear will always be good.
Such as?

Hd600

where is maki user?

Grape-kun should also wear headphones

The hd600 and the magni 3+ fulla 2. Now please give me your edgy reason as to why they aren't.

No response? thought not.

what are the GOAT full sized headphones for isolation? ones you can't hear a shot gun go off in behind you.

that's only a thing with in-ears

Any noticeable upgrades over my K7XXs? I've had them for a while. Preferably something with a wide soundstage

what about with ANC then?

>Budget
Must be UNDER 100$ or close to 50$ or 60$
>Location
USA
>Type of headphone
Full sized.
>Open or closed
Either.
>Comfort level
Don't care.
>Sound signature
Mids. Mids. Mids.

Nothing wider than those and the 702 unless you're talking hd800 as far as I know?

Speakers

no idea, can't use it since it makes me nauseous

I guess it's back to waiting

what is the difference in k702 and k7xx?

HD558 or HD598se/sr on sale.

Not much if anything besides paint scheme.

K702 is bright and lean, K7XX is warm/dark

The 7xx has a tiny bit more bass from what I can remember. looks nicer as well but that's subjective.

that's even more exaggerated than the most colorful hd600/650 comparisons
they're really close, if not near identical

HD280 Pro. You will hear a gunshot however.

If you want ANC then bose QC35.

SR850 if you can handle some treble with your mids

Will I regret getting these if I just listen to solo piano and anime?

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>Anime
That's a solid yes for you, user

Pretty sure the only difference is the K7xx uses the better ear pads from the K712 pro

MA900, but other way around

Do you know how they compare to Sony's MDR 7506? I have them currently, way too much treble for my taste.

Also, what are the most mid centric headphones out there?

RIP ;_;

At those prices, I'd get stats instead.

Their main benefit is heavy bass and you don't really need a lot of that for either of your interests. They lack detail compared to many other headphones. You will regret it.

I own the 7506 too. They have interesting bass, excessive treble and shitty mids.
The HD598, which I also own, are much better.
Absurdly good mids -> HD600, which I own and are my favourite headphones. They are far outside your budget, but definitely good value at their price bracket.

どういう意味?
What are stats?
>They lack detail compared to many other headphones. You will regret it.
Thank you. Part of me likes to regret things though.

>What are stats?
Electrostatic drivers

It is but /hpg/ is SBAF-lite so Schiit gears are being shilled continually here.

Electrostats. STAX. Something like this 007 Mk I + 007T is still $500 less than a new LCD-3 jauce.com/auction/v524299435

And that's upper level stuff. There's a plain lambda for like fifteen dollars ending today.

I spend today auditioning the HD600, HD650, HD660s and the Beyerdynamic Amiron. I got the HD600's.

You guys almost made me believe that these were a meme, but I am genuinely blown away by them. Happy listening Sup Forumsentleman.

>LCD3
The LCD collection tends to a similar general sound. May as well consider the 2, or the upcoming 2C. Comfort has not been a strong point of Audeze phones.
The broad drop in response from 1-6kHz they tend to have may not go over so well. At very least, they are linear enough and spatially stable that they equalize nicely.

Why are you comparing a used item with questionable history, location and after sales support to a brand new one? I hope you realize how moronic this comparison is.

So a friend had one of these stolen so I plan on getting them a replacement.

It worked fairly well, but I have no trust of any generally recognized brand. So is there more bang for the buck out there compared to a JBL flip for road trips?

Fuck the lcd-3. Get the hd800 used for $600-800. You'll be blown away. You can get them for $600-800 and they are the king of classical/anime/movies/games. They need to be eq'd a little though for general use though to pull down the treble spike and increase the bass
>what are stats
Electrostats, but fuck them they are a meme and way overpriced for the sound quality you get. Most people who rec them have shit taste and haven't heard many headphones

Why not wait for the upcoming LCD-2C which are launching next week?

What I think /hpg/ don't realise is that the LCD has a very specific kind of sound and if you happen to like that then there is nothing else in the market that sounds like it. For the record I'm a fan of the LCD-X.

Will I be a massive faggot if I get a pair of these:
customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/uber-dt770.html
?

The Audezes don't lack "detail", but the sensitivity curve is not going to make higher harmonics easier to hear.

It has similarities to the LCD headphones. Lacks upper mid and lower treble.
Less bass (bass light). As part of the Stax sound, emphasis around 1-1.4 kHz, spike around 8-10kHz.

>he bought HD600 instead of HD650
DeRayShawn BTFO.

Fuck it, I'm buying HD600 then. Are there any headphones with even better mids though? If I'm going to spend the mullah then might as well get the best.

>Are there any headphones with even better mids though?
No.

Hd600 is best performance for your $.

Eqd HD800 is the next step up but that's end game setup

Thank you, headphone senpais. I'm going to see if I can find a place where I can try out some of these.

SRH1840 maybe?

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GBST44I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

>1,986 positive amazon reviews
>£23.99

There is no more bang for the buck out there.

zmf atticus/eikon/auteur have better midrange

They look interesting but aren't all LCD bassy as fuck? that's not what you want when playing the piano. Or listening to anime I'd assume.

Basically this. Unless you spend stupid money you can;t beat the hd600 and the magni 3 in terms of performance. pick whatever the fuck dac you want. It doesn't matter much.

>どういう意味?
back to /djt/ day1fag

you get adjusted to a new headphone kinda quickly, as long as it's neutral enough
everything else will feel super light on bass after these for a while

For the price they better give me a hand job too

lcds are light on bass because they are flat and not as dark as they used to be. A ton of people buy an lcd and are dissappinted by the bass quantity

post measurements from your rig that meets all the necessary standards for you to qualify this statement

>They look interesting but aren't all LCD bassy as fuck?

Only the old ones from pre-Fazor age did. Later ones have tight, fast-hitting bass.

How does HD800 differ from HD800S?

>day1fag
ちょっと違うよ

fuck off out of here already day1, nobody who has actually spent more than a week studying feels the need to show off their shit tier jap outside of threads made for said showing off

No. I gain literally nothing from that, only lose my time, and I couldn't care less to qualify my statement to you. Go look at other people's measurements and reviews and find out for yourself if it's true or not. You are delusional if you expect me to put effort in to sway your opinion or another user's opinion, go back to posting your memes.

>Paying thousands for shitty construction and """"PREMIUM"""" design/materials.
An audiofool and his money...

nobody has done a proper measurement of said headphones and as such your anecdotal evidence (you haven't even heard these things i can guarantee) holds no weight. back to head-fi you go.

Same driver different tuning.

Hd800s also come with both a 6.3mm and XLR-4 cables whereas the HD800 just have the 6.3mm standard.