Which programming language will make me feel like a wizard and fill up all my time in the absence of a healthy...

Which programming language will make me feel like a wizard and fill up all my time in the absence of a healthy social/family life
>pic related?

Delphi/Object Pascal

looks 'fun' thanks

Haskell will temporarily make you feel like a wizard until you hit its ceiling of practical use, then you only see that it's a bunch of mathematicians doing academic masturbation that you don't understand and you'll feel inferior because you don't want to become a pure math wizard.

So instead, you should Scheme, Smalltalk and C

Haskell dropouts always make me laugh. Try not being a brainlet next time and maybe you'll understand types enough to not hit a "practical limit"

don't be rude in my thread!!

Scheme seems fun, are you a little schemer user?

I understand type systems perfectly fine. I just don't see how knowing that a profunctor is a bifunctor with its first argument contravariant and second argument covariant helps me write a fucking application where clicking on a button stores some text inside a database (90% of real world applications).

I'm a rehabilitated type addict. Turns out I can get much more done with dynamic languages or even plain old C.

lisp?

Haskell is primarily for that other 10% of problems no?

javascript :^)

I learned lisp and it didn't fill the void 4 long

Just learn neural networking with malbolge and call it a day

No, the other 10% of real world applications is taken up by languages like R and Matlab etc.

Haskell is literally for academic masturbation. Real world users aren't even 0.1%.

what can you do with it academically? Like computation theory stuff or what?

Neural networks sound fun as fuck, wish there were better resources to learn how to build them for brainlets like me

Yes. Write papers, get grants to write more papers. Need to keep churning away pretending to do real work until you get tenured so you don't ever have to do real work.

>I read the definition of profunctor, I know all there is to know
Nobody who understands Haskell drops it for any reason other than the tooling. Now every time I go to work and program in C++ and C#, I feel like I'm fighting the language to accomplish the simplest of things

you're v cynical user.

Just stating what every academic is thinking in the back of his mind.

> I know all there is to know.

No, I've admitted that I don't understand everything and don't care to because I'm a programmer and not a mathematician. All this bull shit is just Ed Kmett (Mathematician) trying to shoehorn his math wankery into solving computer science problems, but they aren't actually that useful in practice.