/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/schiit-fulla.php
nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html?m=1
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support
hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

garbage taste as usual.

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

i ALSO hate the chinese

good taste as usual

Someone please just tell me if it's worth upgrading the HD600 to the HD800.

go listen to a pair and decide for yourself you idiot.

How rude. I'll go ask reddit. Thanks for nothing.

I'm almost always down in LA during thanksgiving LOL not quite sure about this time though. easiest way would probably be a throwaway email or reddit account

Oh man, seems like we're gonna be roughly switching places. Anyways, [email protected]

Maybe some of our dates intersect.
send an email with another pic of your setup so I know who you are.

Idol trash approves of nico op.
user, what's your setup like?

Nico Nico Nationalism!

Reminder to ignore sbaf shills

Friendly reminder schiits name isn't irony

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/

reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/schiit-fulla.php

nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html?m=1

>ma900
measures like dogshit

remembers kids, AKM products are garbage because schiit use them and that makes a clueless angry tripfag call them bad

when did I say that? Schiit can't design a proper dac around akm chips and thats not akm's fault.

It's like being a schiit™ chef. You can use great ingredients but if you can't cook your food will taste like schiit™

you've never heard one

since when do you have to design products around chips? the monoprice is literally a TI amp with wires going straight from it to a 1/4" socket and rca inputs

are you ever going to stop shitposting and being cancer?

they provide PCB's for the power supply and the dac/amp sections. That's the difference. There's nothing wrong with akm, but definitely something wrong with schiits dac designs as proven by objective measurements by third parties.

>baiting the thread by claiming a measurably shit headphone is the best
He isn't the shitposter, user.

please post schematics of the monoprice pcb to prove that it is as per TI spec and not change in any way.

is there really any reason to continue arguing with you? he didn't even need to bother responding to your first post anyways it was a terribly obvious strawman that anyone with half a brain recognized. i'm not sure at which moment you felt like it would have been a good idea to post it. all he said was the schiit products are garbage and they have a history of it. stop being so fucking triggered

except he's making the argument that his beloved monoprice amp/dac can be compared directly with the TI chip while also claiming schiit implemented an AKM chip poorly, clearly contradicting the retarded shit he said in the previous thread. he's still going now with the dumbassery and can't back anything up at all.

Hey /hpg/ have any of you guys ever blown out the drivers in iems's before ? I just went out yesterday to listen to some 24/48 on my kz-ates and they sounded terrrible. No bass in one ear and really shrill

I was just listening to Disco the previous day pretty loud but i didnt think they could get damaged like this.... they still produce music, just not very good anymore... what the fuck i have never blown a driver, its always been the cable or plug and i have fixed that a million times...

im pretty pissed... going to be waiting a month for my new order to arrive, getting out the multi-meter right now and checking impedance...

this is so wierd i have never had a iem that changed its sonic character for no reason... pictured my setup and curve

I backed it up with objective measurements of both the modi 2 and the original fulla. They measured like schiit™. 1st Gen asgards destroyed headphones. Get over it. The company is astroturfed trash.

Meanwhile, you're making claims that a tried and true TI chip combo, where TI will provide you with everything needed to properly use the chips, is somehow going to be fucked up through changes by an oem manufacturer. Let's face it, you're a triggered schiit shill who parrots headfi memes and can't read graphs.

>tried and true TI chip combo
citation needed
> is somehow going to be fucked up through changes by an oem manufacturer
like basically every other monoprice product that isn't a cable? yeah.
>Let's face it, you're a triggered schiit shill who parrots headfi memes and can't read graphs.
the amount of ad hominem you have to throw out there because you can't admit that you don't know what you're talking about is concerning

>dipshit tripfags at it again

Oh btw, here's the PCB of the monoprice dac amp. Proper psu, filtering caps, and nothing different from TI's suggested implementation.

>modi 2

that's not the schematic

it's easy enough to test, just hit xmax with subbass in one ear and then hit xmax with the other ear. if one is hits xmax before the other then it's either a channel imbalance or a busted driver... although I've never done this with an IEM and you can be sure it'll probably damage them further since IEM drivers are very delicate

>modi 2

>it's ok to spam this but when somebody mentions shit audio-gd measurements it's a broken unit

>modi 2

>2017
>arguing about which placebo is the best
just use onboard sound u fagets

>singularity 19

no one argues that audio-gd has shit measurements

redditors like the tripfag still try to shill that shit here

I made a typo, no one argues that the audio-gd doesn't have shit measurements. inb4 triggering

throw it in the garbage

I have never once even suggested an audio-gd product to anyone, ever.

Schiit is the American equivalent to audio-gd though. The difference is that schiit has a clever marketing campaign and a cult following among audio noobs.

you only shill the monoprice garbage because you were stupid enough to buy it yourself, just like your shit headphones.

I've never seen you shill audio-gd. I think you hit it on the head with the schizophrenic user monicer. I've seen maybe one person here that tried to shill (recommend) the audio-gd and it wasn't you. fucking amazing, dude is absolutely bonkers and gets triggered by everything

Samefag

indoanon shills chord and audio-gd because he's a head-case sheep.

>buys the better performing dac/amp
>low distortion planar magnetic headphones that work perfectly with equalization and are comfy
>huurr duurrr chinkfi.

seriously though, see a therapist and start taking your meds more often. Maybe you shouldn't post here if every suggestion that isn't schiit triggers you.

Schiit is schiit™ for scrubs. Deal with it.

>tfw you'll never have a lo-fi setup as shit as this autists

The Schiity customer support is the icing on the cake

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support

Yeah what i have got is a real imbalance. Right is fine, left has no bass. Both voicecoils measure a healthy 17ohms. The dipharam must of come apart.

I got chinked ! these are only a month old, no way i can dispute this. Kz-ate failed me !

Every device I've tried with that TPA6120 chip sounds like complete garbage. You might be an earlet if you can't figure that out.

those kinds of posts about schiit are a daily occurance on all audio forums. then you mention it and the schiit marketing team chimes instantly has to chime in with their positive anecdote about how their service was great, as if it matters when there are dozens of horror stories

what do you expect from a deaf tripfag with severe buyers remorse

Yes, I've seen it too.

I'm really starting to believe that some posters here have schizophrenia or schizotypal disorder with paranoid delusions as a main symptom. Between the anons who think I samefag/falseflag to schill the hd600s and this dude getting his schiit pushed in by the idea that a monoprice product may not only measure better but is also better built/designed than the product from a company that has shown time and time again to make trash to appeal to the headfi audiophool crowd, I think sanity is hard to come by here.

bit ironic for you to be calling anyone else a schizo when you can't go one post without mentioning schiit when it was never brought up by me to begin with. did mike moffat kidnap your wife's son?

>triggered user on this many levels of damage control

>have any of you guys ever blown out the drivers in iems's before
Maybe? Or maybe an internal wire went out. I have had a receiver go out on me before. Part of a multi-driver arrangement.
I've never known QC and matching on the KZ IEMs to be particularly stringent either.

Hitting xmax with a balanced armature destroys it. The iron pin gets stuck on the magnet and stays there.
But I've not known moving coil designs to be especially delicate.

pretty sure you're a newfag, considering I hardly talk about schiit™ in /hpg/. Pretty sure I mentioned interest in the vidar when it was released but the pricetag and circuit design isn't that great, so I'll stick to my crown drivecore until I can get my hands on a McIntosh to restore.

>projecting newfaggotry
you have been here less than 2 years, that's fucking pathetic. crawl back in your hole, newfag.
>and circuit design isn't that great
how can you comment on circuit design when you've already established that you haven't the slightest clue about any of this? the furfag plebspotters were more tolerable and knowledgeable thjan you.

>McIntosh
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and he talks about other products measuring and sounding like shit

>I'm really starting to believe that some posters here have schizophrenia or schizotypal disorder with paranoid delusions as a main symptom.
it always seems like more people when it's anonymous. I can assure you it's just the same dude, maybe two. and if you try to call him out for it he'll just false flag more to sew doubt. I asked for audio-gd measurements from the same faggot and he flipped out saying I was an audio-gd shill when I was just curious, and then acted like he btfo'd me.

it's definitely something schizo related, and being off medication. there's no way you could shitpost this long and get constantly triggered if it was just some form of autism or attention seeking behavior. it's almost on the level of barneyfag

>he doesn't recognize plebspotters
yeah you're a newfag. I've been here much longer than you, longer than 2 years for sure.

i was wrong, you haven't been here longer than a year, jesus christ you're so fucking new it hurts.
>he doesn't recognize plebspotters
read the post again dipshit.

Nod really, you appeared recently.

t. other user

I would like recommendations for a new gaming headset please.

>Budget
< £50
>Location
UK
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
full sized so they are comfier for me to wear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
im on computer all day every day
>Sound signature
skip
>Past headphones
Had 2 Logitech G430s. First one worked great, had it a year or two until it broke naturally. Second one stopped working about 2 months, sound in one eye would cut in and out constantly.

the other plebspotters haven't posted in /hpg/ for longer than you have even been posting on Sup Forums at all.

does anyone else find newfag callouts in generals to be ironic? generals are for newfags, it's like competing for who is less of a newfag

the sad part is that this individual or two seems to believe they have a real argument.
>huurrr post measurements
>*post all available measurements*
>huurrr not measurements
>huurr what I'm shilling is good
>*post measurements that show it to be complete trash*
>Huuurrr youre just triggered by the brand lel

then he just samefags and shitposts as if anything he even said is valid. Hopefully the mods take care of it.

Superlux HD-662 EVO

they're definitely ironic when you can check when their first post was in archives and reveal that they are new.

avoid gaming headsets in general. Look for a decent set of closed headphones and use a vmoda boom mic.

Ath-m40x, status audio cb-1 and Sony mdr-v6 are all good choices. If you can use open headphones (better for positional accuracy in gaming) consider the Phillips shp9500s

you still gotta try biodyna, I think it would change your mind about planar. CAL! has a 40mm biodyna driver for < $50

you know there was a time many moons ago that I posted without the trip, right?

you know you're a fucking newfag right? the fact that you even post with a trip now is just evidence of that.

tripfags don't matter in generals. stop trying to cling to old Sup Forums rules and acting like you're an oldfag without even understanding why they existed

I'm considering the fostex th-x00 with the ebony cups if the lcd-2 classic measures any different than the original.

I listened to the th900 at one of the hifi shops and it was impressive, so I'm aware of what biocellulose drivers can do

hey i just bought one of these and the sound is kinda low on PC, even if i max the volume its still really supportable whereas other headphones are way louder including a shitty gamer headset i have.

oh yeah i forgot to ask. Do i need an amp or what?

nice work mods, hope it wasn't a warning
have you bass boosted them before? it's even more impressive when you boost them by 20db and they still don't xmax. it's just stupid, if I did that on a planar I'd pop it. Why not both though? $250 for a used th-x00 and then just wait a bit for the lcd-2c used market to start

tripfags don't belong in generals outside of general boards, i take it you've never posted in something like /buyfag/
>nice work mods, hope it wasn't a warning
fuck off dipshit.
what motherboard do you have?

ASSROCK FM2A55M-HD+ R2.0

>FM2
that's a pretty old board with an old realtek codec, you might want to look into something like this hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23

>tripfags don't belong in generals outside of general boards
general boards shouldn't exist on Sup Forums in the first place you fucking newfag. it goes against the nature of Sup Forums and that is obviously anonymity. tripfags don't matter on generals because generals already violate the anonymous aspect. you start to pick up posting styles too easily. generals are literaly reddit. you are too stupid to realize this because you are too busy trying to imitate rules that were for Sup Forums that no longer apply because Sup Forums is not the same anymore. you would realize this if you had any points of reference other than mimicry. keep on telling people to go to reddit, it's clear you don't understand why Sup Forums did that either. ffs

generals have existed longer than you've browsed the site user, they're shitty but nowhere near as shitty a newfags misusing tripcodes. take your meta discussion to

no they havent. I'm from LUE.

will check

>lueser appropriating shitty forum with Sup Forums
post your sa account creation date

you may need an amp or to stop listening so loud. Either way, a cheap fiio option would work best.

Just curious though, are you plugging them into the back of your motherboard or your cases front headphone jack? Have you tried them on any other sources such as your phone?

>generals are literaly reddit.

Thanks for the laugh.

In the back, and the problem is that i need to pump the volume up to 80-90 to get a okay loudness on it and it doesn't even go that loud. In my old headset i could get a great volume in 10 to 15 out of 100.

>bastion of links
>shitty forum
post your totse creation date

relative sensitivity difference between the two sets.

If you need an amp, consider fiio, monoprice dac/amp, fx audio, or something from topping.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Yeah an amp would be a good idea thanks. Also i'm listening to some music right now and i just noticed that the sound feels really muffled maybe it really is underpowered

I hadn't considered buying used but checking eBay and seeing E-mu and th-x00 going for $200-300 is tempting. Definitely something to consider, after buying minidsp EARS first.

>Keyboard drawer handle hooked into headphone cord Y without me noticing while picking up a pen
>Grab pen and stand up to go to the kitchen and get a drink
>Yank the cord so hard I bust my chin on the desk, completely rip the chord out of one driver and snap an internal wire on the other without busting the insulation

>Spend the next hour and half taking apart the headphones
>Checking continuity to jack
>Cutting through the stress relievers with a razor blade in a way to preserve them to reuse
>Stripping wire down to unbusted parts
>Extra careful resoldering because mylar diaphragm

>Reassemble
>Everything works perfect
>Just lost about an inch of cord

Fuck me. Almost had to buy a new cord and those are almost $150 on an SR-007.