Modern state of game developers

>modern state of game developers
>3.5gb of vram is clearly not enough
suck it up folks. modern video game developers are nu-developers who can't program worth a shit. doesn't matter if the game shouldn't need 5.3-.5.6gb of vram for 1080p. they're doing it and this trend will ONLY continue.

>gaming

>bluehole
>the same incompetent retards that can't fix basic shit like desync in Tera for 5+ years
>game is hacked to death by blackhats actually ruining the economy and their solution is to blanket ban everyone including the developers who were making community fixes that bluehole was too incompetent to fix

Just quit now. Those retards can't code for shit and the game will be dead in under a year.

>cherry pick 1 game
>hurr ALL game devs cant program
>most likely some gamer tween that's never touched c++
fuck off.

and yet when i posted a similar thread yesterday with a completely different game that used a buttload of vram Sup Forums told me game developers can't program and are shit.

Sup Forums says everything is shit.

confirmed jerks off to terra

Fuck the vram, why does every fucking game have to be huge nowadays, even fucking south park is over 10 gigs

this

i enjoyed the game but it didn't feel worth $60. I wanted to pay like $20 to $40.

Rocket league is much better quality

Because of triple letter agency malware, duh

Because consoles use blurays these days. There's 60 gigabytes of space, no point to leave it unused.

unoptimized graphics

Maybe once they realize that open world are shit and don't need to be consistently made bigger and bigger

unused vram nis wasted vram

>implying it's spynet
>implying it isn't le botnet mining for buttnet coins

>Assho- I mean Bluehole
>the same retards who doesn't ban hackers but bans people who honk their cars near big twitch streamers or god forbid kill them (no stream sniping)
>Assho- I mean bluehole
>the same retards who inject advertisements into loading screens even when people paid for the game
>assho- i mean bluehole
>the same SJW faggots who can't optimize their game

just boycott them already you fucking goat

>Gaming
I'm not worried about game VRAM usage, I'm more worried about the amount of VRAM Chrome uses.

>680M
what can you play on that?

Imagine what kind of games we could have by now if developers were coding with the same restraint they had to in the 90s....

Most games just fine as long as you don't run it with everything cranked up. Although it's been around 6 months since I last played a game on it.

But by programming standards of the 80's the 1990's were bloated.

Blame console, we see alot game needed 8-12 GB ram+vram already.

wait when does windows task manager show gpu usage??????

SINCE WHEN DOES TASK MANAGER HAVE GPU USAGE INFO?

lol, that game is shit at optimisation

back to Sup Forums with you

Dont know why, but my gtx 760 2gb can still max out textures in every game without stutters, like in deus ex MD or assassins creed unity my vram gets maxed out immediately, but it runs just fine wuth no jumps in frame times.... Weird

Since Win10 Fall Creators Update, but its better to just wait until LTSB 2019

PUBG runs like ass on everything.

* Users voted with their wallets to increase art budgets / quality.
* Reviews rarely focus on how well optimized is a game.
* Most artists don't even know how a computer works, how to program or optimize.
* VRAM is used for models and textures.
* People complaining about the cost of games (that give over 5h of fun), yet going to the cinema weekly and spending a lot in tobacco for a few minutes.
* Why would you spend budget optimizing instead of marketing?

tldr; You asked for it.

Tell me, a game starts up and see's a GPU has 4GB vram. It just loads in everything it needs, then what? Fills the rest with assets tagged as "Potentially required"?
Items from the next load area/level? The whole next level?
What if it needs more space for maths or some shit? Just start dumping shit?
What if erasing memory before an operation causes it to drop one single frame? Was it such a good idea now? Dropping a frame for the sake of time saved on a load screen?

>game developers
user you really have to learn to separate the people who use engines targeted at the AAA crowd and the 'i don't need to know anything but my visionary idea'-crowd and the other developers.

I don't consider PUBG that bad because when you consider the relative weight of what they're doing compared to something like visual studio, any nodejs app, fucking browsers etc. They're just way behind even the worst of these games. Seriously. Software is awful. Most applications just have a lot of headroom when they're ran exclusively.

since the creators update. and in the process list, you have to right click to enable the column to see it for each process

>reserve space for per-frame temporary buffers and images
>fill the rest with assets
Not that hard. Of course it's hard to get guarantees about residence without Vulkan or D3D12.