Windows: 30 minute install, mandatory 3h updates after install

>Windows: 30 minute install, mandatory 3h updates after install
>Linux: 30 minute install, a lifetime of autistic fiddling around

>Mac:

it
just
works

quality thread op

3h updates for windows? Maybe if it's 7, yea.
10 is actually pretty good about that.
linux is true
mac is just a retarded fashion product

>mac is just a retarded fashion product
yeah, sure. it's just fashion.
;-)
or maybe your wallet is just too slim to afford one

maybe i just don't want one you smug toddler.
if i wanted one I'll make a hackintosh because I don't pay for shit anyways because I'm not a consumerist jew like you are.

>10 is actually pretty good about that.

>drinking piss
>not collecting it in the piss tank for meme points

Have never had that issue before.
Mainly because I know how to use the GPO to disable shit like that to make Windows 10 actually usable.
Anyone complaining about Windows 10 automatic updates and shit is a brainlet.
+you should be using Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB anyways.

Anecdote but I've done clean installs of macOS and Ubuntu on my Macbook Air and the install time of macOS was much longer compared to Ubuntu.

the old you are just poor

>linux
>30 minutes

>Windows: 30 min install and 10-20 on downloading your drivers and browsers, plus hour or two of updates
>Linux: 10 min install, apt-get update or pacman, 10 min in terminal downloading your important stuff
>macOS: days spent fiddling with kexts and clover to get it to boot, and no drivers for x piece of hardware

Good thread OP!

>Have never had that issue before.
"Works on my machine!"

>Anyone complaining about Windows 10 automatic updates and shit is a brainlet.
>Windows 10 is good about updates
>if you disable them

>use the GPO to disable shit like that to make Windows 10 actually usable.
>you just need to mess around with it to make it "actually usable"
Nice arguments

>I am using macOS an a device it wasn't designed for, why aren't there any working drivers!

>you just need to mess around with it to make it "actually usable"
linux is the same exact way. there's always an issue.
i don't know why you're so butthurt, using the GPO isn't hard at all and it's extremely powerful. It's not my fault retarded gaymers don't know how to use it.
you did this to yourself, and now you're getting cucked with auto shutdowns for updates.

>I am complaining software designed to work on hundreds of devices isn’t as fast or easy to use as software custom designed for the hardware it runs on!

i don't know why you're so butthurt, using the command-line isn't hard at all and it's extremely powerful. It's not my fault retarded winfags don't know how to use it.

I use linux 80% of the time retard.
If people seriously can't edit the GPO (which takes 3 minutes) and turn off the bullshit settings, that is not my problem.
You're the type of person who only uses linux because you think it's hard and validates you as a techie or some shit. It doesn't.

>that is not my problem.
You're right, it isn't.
Doesn't make Windows 10 not-shit though.

30 minutes is the time it takes for an Arch install from booting the live CD to a basic graphical environment. Ubuntu is more like 10 minutes.

Humorous. The desperation of Windows 10 fags is palpable.

Install time of MacOS is crazy. I was really surprised by this.
But I mean, that doesn’t really count as a weakness of the OS for me. How often do you need to reinstall mac?
Void Linux is crazy though desu. 3 minutes in and out to a working bootablr install. But yes, that’s NOT including everything you need, let alone everything you want.

Good to know I wasn't imagining the lengthy install time.

Linux is much faster to install. Took me like 5-10 minutes compared to 30 min with Win.

this post is the bomb
a satisfied linux user with humor

>Linux: 5 minute install, all updates are already installed
>I don't know what autism means

>>Windows: 30 minute install, mandatory 3h updates after install

Ok. so? If you can't handle having 3.5 hour long break from using your computer just have a backup one.

wtf I'm buying a mac now, even though it has worse third-party software support than windows and is a worse unix-like environment than linux

lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

>its all functional.

you can't even skip it now, I'm on windows 10 pro there's always big update every month, can't even use my dekstop for like an hour somehow. Something worng with windows update imo it just took longer time to finish the update.

>> Arch* Linux: 30 minute install, a lifetime of autistic fiddling around
FTFY
Literally this with Fedora. Smoothest install for an operating system ever. Only "autism" i have done so far was install my desktops theme, tlp and tweak tool. Fuck, even the default Nouveau drivers are working smoothly and I have optimus cancer on my laptop.
What the fuck are you on about. I'm hoping this is bait.

it's pasta if you haven't noticed

Trying to get a DS4 controller to work on Windows
>connect controller
>download and install DS4Windows
>download and install Xbox 360 controller drivers from MS
>set up profile
>still doesn't work in some games
>try to get it to work with bluetooth
>doesn't work
>give up and play with a cable

For novelty, tried to use DS4 on my Mac
>connect controller through bluetooth
>it just works, all buttons are automatically recognized

Why the fuck is Windows so shit?
If only MacOS would be free and open source. It would no doubt become the main platform for vidya.

>>Windows: 30 minute install, mandatory 3h updates after install
3h is very flattering

recently made a restore image (after updates of course) for my x220. never going through that shit again.
>apple
>open source
this is the most delusional comment yet

>Mac
All package software are shit homebrew is absolute shit.

It's a mix of gnu and freebsd software. The kernel is partially an ancient fork of freebsd and mach. Of course, most macfags only use the cocoa trash, so they don't notice the OSS part.