The internet is a scary place thread

The internet is a scary place thread.

in this thread we talk about the things that scare of the most about being on the internet

>ofc you are never scared of anything user...are you ?

Stocks

stocks ?

Cryptocurrencies scare me a lot because if they really go mainstream it would mean that I would have even less of a chance of ever living a comfy independent life. (Since I don't have any.)
Also the fact that hypernormies are milking normies dry online and get more donations at a time than my monthly paycheck.
My fault for being pathetic enough not to do something similar. Being a loser for life is scary :(

Botnet, mass surveillance, markets catering to normies and killing off actually good products

Not so much scary as just depressing

>mass surveillance
this.
fb, google, twitter, etc. all are, in reality, surveillance companies, willingly or not.

Get this: targeted ads on billboard when your face is recognized

More like everything you've ever done is recorded

CIA niggers that glow in the dark

Facebook news groups and people who blindly believe their articles while telling others to "wake up" or "turn off the TV".

bump

Probably seeing the entire thing devolve into a JS-bloated, DRM-ridden (soon) sack of botnet shit that actually works because of all the normies not giving a shit
As mentioned above it's plain depressing
The only thing that gives me hope is that passion projects still exist and not everyone's yet a sellout

sad, the (potentially) best threads die fast

>unironically being a nocoiner in the year of our lord 2017
It's not too l8 m8

I didn't need to sleep anyway...

Windowsfags will win and OS advertising, lockdown, and spying will be an accepted norm across the board

I'm scared about some random asshat doxxing me, mostly because a lot of things on Sup Forums are archived now

Not only surveillance user, social programming too.

What I am scared of most is how quickly and easily you can make a circlejerk community online, nearly for free, and dump decades of your life pissing away circlejerking. 15 years ago you would have to get pretty pissed off before trying to start your own, but nowadays I see someone disagree with someone else over something small and then 5 posts later it's "fuck this site I'm going to go make my own" and then we have everyone unable to talk to everyone else.

>unencrypted HTTP connections
>unencrypted DNS requests
>javascript
>Sup Forums

The scariest thing about the internet is that all of the easy, somewhat-easy, hard, and very hard problems that could be thought of with technology have already been solved. All that's left are the extremely hard problems that it would take a rare high-level genius, or a team of rare high-level geniuses, to solve. Or, more likely, those extremely hard problems will be solved by AI.

i.e., there's nothing left for regular, everyday technologists to do but kill themselves.