Windows 7 is still better than all linux distros

lol

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/3122601/windows-pcs/microsoft-scrubs-windows-7-pcs-of-upgrade-nagware.html
github.com/zeffy/wufuc
youtu.be/ag8nSqndGcc
omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/02/3000-steam-linux-games-available
catb.org/jargon/html/hates.html
youtu.be/5ptXIfhUrTA
catb.org/jargon/html/appendixc.html
youtu.be/_8LnzDTaCDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

k6y

I support this thread. I totally agree with what OP said.

Everyone should be sure to install Windows™ in their machines.

8.1 is better to be honest famalama

> call your product 'Windows 7'
> start version number at 6

>install windows 7
>get popup every 5minute or so from windows update saying i have to upgrade to win10 for my CPU released in 2017+
>google it how to get rid of it
>uninstall this update ....
>cant find it
>uninstall all updates
>error message, windows update stopped working
>disable windows update service
>popup still there
>go to windows update page
>big red error icon with a link to microsoft page
>"please upgrade to windows 10"
fuck this gayshit

>don't have that issue

computerworld.com/article/3122601/windows-pcs/microsoft-scrubs-windows-7-pcs-of-upgrade-nagware.html

>get offered free shit
>refuse just because you want to be the biggest faggot that's even possible

>free shit
>all your data is being sold to 3rd parties and given for free without a warrant to government agencies

>Install the Win10 queue update
>Cool. How do I remove the icon from my taskbar?
>Can't
>Uninstall update
>Disappears for good
>Win7 has no idea that 10 exists

This is the newest type of nagware from windows though, it appears on all PCs that have new CPUs(2017+) installed on them.

Perhaps you ought to just install it, user. Microsoft knows best.

Install wufuc
github.com/zeffy/wufuc

It's not a nagware. It's an error informing you that your CPU is no longer supported when you try to perform updates. If you disable automatic updates you will not see it.
Solution is simple, update to windows 10 you tech illiterate red dit moron.

You have no guarantee that windows 7 and 8.1 is not doing the same thing. In fact, it was already proven that microsoft tried pushing telemetry into 7 and 8.1 with certain "security" updates. If you think 7 is safe, you are retarded. If freedumbs are your priority, you don't use operating systems that have windows in their name.

this but until linux can play games, it is useless to me.

inb4 gaymer, we make up a lot of the consumer base

There is a list of Telemetry updates out there you FUD spewer, coupled with the fact the hostfile still did work as expected before 10.

its no longer supported in efforts to force users into windows 10 so microfag can cull data from you for profit.

nagware

stupid frog stop lying

Depends. Developing in Ruby on Rails is pain in the ass on Win7 but is a breeze on Win10 (or main Unix distros)

>shaming people who want their privacy

shilling this hard

>until linux can play games
I love frozen bubble and gnomine. The last one maintained by my homeboy. For serious shit i use openttd, but only if i sick and can't leave the bad for days and still want to do something.

win 7 will eventually be non supported by MS, what are yu gonna do?

People who want privacy don't use windows, brainlet.
That still doesn't make it a nagware, brainlet. Read up on definition of nagware.
Literally who cares. The point is that microsoft attempted to push telemetry into their older systems. If you trust company that does shit like this then you are retarded.

howdy guys jake here :thinking: xddd

Jesus, you aren't just a shill, you have a supply of their cum shipped to your door every day.

How does microfags ball sack drippings taste?

ecksdee dude funny.com

>If you trust company that does shit like this then you are retarded.
Implicating I have Windows auto updates enabled there. Moron.

depends on the game. A shit ton of indies come to linux. Also the valve games are on there, though specifically csgo and tf2 run worse. If you play a genre like mmorpgs yea you might not want to full switch.

games that matter

>shill
Shill for what? I'm literally trying to explain to your retarded ass that ANY product made by microsoft is not to be trusted you dumbfuck. Which should be logical conclusion for anyone with 3 digit IQ.
kill yourself out of Sup Forums red dit spiloff brainlet.

Implicating that microsoft was to be trusted at any point of time and that spying on users did not start decades ago. Also not having system updates enabled is probably the biggest red flag in spotting tech illiterate underage Sup Forumseddit gaymer, so there you have it. Out of Sup Forums with you, brainlet.

>realizing he let his shill show
>damage control, maximum power

It's no a windows prompt, it's either gfx card or intel driver prompt dumbass

That still doesn't change the fact you were dropped as a child, brainlet.

Nah you fuck off, and stop projecting while you are at it. You won't get exploited out of nowhere because there are things called "firewall" which stop random PDUs from reaching your network.
Trust me, I monitor my network traffic and I probably know this better than you, retarded marketer.

>t. 20 year old NEET self-proclaimed IT wizard
Wow, amazing. Congratulations on being able to install wireshark and configure your firewall user. I'm proud of you.
Doesn't change the fact that you use closed source OS made by company known to spy on their users and somehow still not realize it might be not the best pick if privacy is your priority. I recommend this one operating system with name starting with "Gen". But I guess you can't play league of losers on this one.

Wow that projection burns! Like half of /gee/ I have a degree in CS and work in the industry.
>Wireshark
Nah m8 I use an actual router. It has the added benefit of isolating me from the ISP box that is obviously under their control.
>Doesn't change the fact that you use closed source OS made by company known to spy on their users and somehow still not realize it might be not the best pick if privacy is your priority. I recommend this one operating system with name starting with "Gen".
Inconvenient for daily tasks, wine is a shit while MSYS2 is pretty good. Also Gentoo is for actual NEETs, I have Fedora installed on my dual boot and Tails on my emergency USB drive.
>But I guess you can't play league of losers on this one.
Projecting again.

and we have an admission, good night folks

>Inconvenient for daily tasks
So you trade freedom for convenience. Got it, fair enough.

I'm not running a librebooted computer so it's not like I was safe from alphabet soup. I just don't want to add MS advertising on top of that mess, because that's what Win10 is intended to do.

facts

> mfw my PC just WERKS

that is why linux will never take off, it can't just werk, it requires a vocational class to get it to the level of function as Windows, to further injure it, there is no game support which is a large market in itself and I mean games that matter, not the 253rd iteration of angry birds.

Linux with Wine can run 75% of all windows software

and none of them are good and none of them run well

Uha

youtu.be/ag8nSqndGcc

>it requires a vocational class to get it to the level of function as Windows
wrong, user; it can never acquire the same level of function as Windows, and neither can Windows obviate the niches where Linux excels.
the obviously optimal solution is to use the right tool for the right the right job.
pragmatism > idealism

>he's such a gigantic baby that he can't figure out how to use wine
>he's such a gigantic baby that he can't figure out how to do gpu passthrough VM's

>no game support which is a large market in itself and I mean games that matter,
when was the last time you installed linux and checked out your game library on steam

most humans have a life with a job and social life, we dont have time to bother taking college classes for a useless OS that cant actually do anything Windows can.

you missed that whole "games that matter" part

>you missed that whole "games that matter" part

>most humans have a life with a job and social life, we dont have time to bother taking college classes for a useless OS that cant actually do anything Windows can.
you don't need a fucking degree to use linux you retard
all it takes is some basic fucking common sense
if you can't figure it out you've got a room temperature IQ

>we dont have time to bother taking college classes for a useless OS that cant actually do anything Windows can.
my mom can use linux. why can't you? because you are retarded, that's why.

>you missed that whole "games that matter" part
omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/02/3000-steam-linux-games-available
(feb 2017)

I mostly play autist games like DF, Stellaris, KSP, etc.etc.&c., and these are usually compatible on Linux.
I do, however, occasionally play games "that matter" in your words like Wolfenstein Porky Bitch Edition, Dragon Effect, Mass Age, South Park, and so on, and these, even if they were compatible with Linux, demand some srs power -- power unleverageable with drivers on Linux. Even with da bess hardware, your performance will be worse than in Windows.
Windows machine needed for gaming.
Linux machine for data, programming, not being spied on, comfiness, etc., but not general UX. That's Windows or OSX turf. Not James. That's Windows turf. Niche UX.

>He doesn't sandbox and nftables W7 within a GNU/Linux userspace.

What will happen when EOL happens?

Cortana, 8.1 or ReactOS is your only options.

Well, that or MacOS..

FUGGIN REKT XD

>>even if they were compatible with Linux, demand some srs power -- power unleverageable with drivers on Linux. Even with da bess hardware, your performance will be worse than in Windows.
>>Windows machine needed for gaming.
>what is GPU passthrough

>what is shit working

Compared to what it takes to make windows work and that windows just werks, linux is gutter trash. Get mad.

okay, now have her run anything .exe based and at 100%

>south park
>games that matter
you're joking, right?

>you're joking, right?
I'm not, lad.

Yes, it is.

that is really fucking sad, I feel sorry for you

And I for you, user.

..s...stop.. I wanna be angry, stop making me feel

>no unfocused scrolling
laughing_anime_girls.webp

People who actually think windows is good should be banned from Sup Forums.

catb.org/jargon/html/hates.html
>Things Hackers Detest and Avoid
>All the works of Microsoft. Smurfs, Ewoks, and other forms of offensive cuteness. Bureaucracies. Stupid people. Easy listening music.
youtu.be/5ptXIfhUrTA
catb.org/jargon/html/appendixc.html
>Helping Hacker Culture Grow
>If you're a techie or computer hobbyist, get involved with one of the free Unixes. Toss out that lame Microsoft OS, or confine it to one disk partition and put Linux or FreeBSD or NetBSD on the other one.
>Turn off that pesky AdBlock
TFW youtu.be/_8LnzDTaCDk