Tfw 500 word essay due tomorrow and libreoffice corrupted my paper

>tfw 500 word essay due tomorrow and libreoffice corrupted my paper

Oh no, you'll just have to out aside 30 minutes to rewrite it

>500 word
low tier shitposting, my history research paper for the semester is about 2.5k words and i churned half of it out in a night

send file, we will decorrupt

>500 word
If you remember its general idea, you could rewrite it in a couple hours.

Ditto, we've got a 3k minimum and you usually end up with 5/6K depending on the difficulty of the topic

>literally anyone not just pirating MS Office

It's bizarre. Just completely bizarre.

retards

Why would I? I basically only use the word processor anyway, so I can just export to PDF and have no worries about the prof's PC rendering it right.

>taking longer than 10 minutes to write a 500 word paper
take a rope and figure out how you can use that to end you lives

>using proprietary shit
>using windows
>using wine that will most likely break your documents

>history
>research

This explains that then.

>literally being this autistic
you man-babies are so stupid and naive, I literally feel dumber for having posted here

typing at 100 wpm mindlessly takes 5 minutes user

What, you think you're smart for not replying to bait? Take the stick out of your ass, you're way too boring.

It's true, I'm a sucker for kindness. Can't help it.

I'll look forward to reading your essay on 'How to make backups to stop blaming technology for my own mistakes'

>1 page (double-spaced) research paper on the holocaust due in 2 weeks but google docs locked me out for violating the ToS

That's what you get for not writing it in LaTeX using vim, scum.

>four question quiz on the OSI model tomorrow
I think im just gonna drop out

wut anime

Are you 10? 500 words is barely a page. Rewrite it and quit complaining.

*10 rupees have been added to your Bing account*

new

Just do a git checkout on your latest commit.

Since this is important you would have made a commit at least once per hour.

That's what you get for using Google docs

>500 words
Are you in middle school user?

> semester paper
> 2k words minimal

That's some pleb tier courses. Our requirement is 2k maximum, huge fucking difference between sci and faggot tier

Randomly insert adverbs and adjectives like "very", "obviously"
Write out numbers as words
five hundred thirty six

There, 200 word essay turned into 500 word monster

>I got a couple of scrap keys for like, 3 bucks and I have office in both of my PCs

feelsgoodman

>100 word essay on why proprietary software is good due at end of semester
>haven't started yet

>tfw 130 word PhD thesis due in 2 years
>haven't even started yet
fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkkkk

>typing 100 words per minute takes five minutes

Get off of this board you moron

If he's written it before he already should know the structure of the essay and retyping honestly shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes at MOST.

Ehm......but he was correct.
American education I assume?

And nothing of substance was added!

>500 word essay
Dear oh dear!
Better hide under the covers behind the back of the sofa!

>libreoffice

>500 words

Get crackin', you could have it done before the oven has finished cooking your tendies

its like this is already a solved problem or something

Jesus, you could come up with a new thesis and still be finished by tomorrow. If you want to look on the bright side, if you re-write it now, as long as you are still careful regarding mistakes, you'll probably write a better paper than your original one since you've had time to dwell on the ideas you put forth in the first draft.

Ha ha ha!

I told you typewriters rule, computers drool.
Who's laughing now?

so you own a computer, physically, in your home, yet for some reason you trusted the sole copy of your data to someone elses computer, that you have not control over...

I'm afraid you might as well drop out of whatever education your paper was for bro because with a brainlet like yours there's really no point.

SHUT UP

>PhD thesis due next week
>accidentally pressed the wrong combination in emacs and now I only have an empty file

>using vmacs instead of vim

>being this new

>Not keeping proper backups
Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should consider flunking. You deserve it if it's a CS course.

However, unless libreoffice does something extra-jewbaggy that even M$ doesn't, you can just open it up in Notepad and at least extract your text, losing your formatting.

>not having backups of important shit

>my face when mfw
>140 word dissertation due tomorrow
Help Sup Forumsee

>Being this much of an edge lord.
Anime posting really takes the edge out of your post desu.

bitch i had to do that shit last semester in 10th grade history

that was my final

Wow dude that's amazing

I like the way you posted that with a quirky anime character it made you seem like you are an old user of this website and you know how to rouse people.

>140 word dissertation
I am sure you are missing numerals, but no one here cares.

>tfw 200 character thesis due next month and accidentally swallowed my mouse

>universities literally task students with making essays about shit that never happened

So I could elaborate on the unnecessity of something as superfluous and arbitrary as word count, so rather I will instead delve into the finer points of what it means to craft a thought provoking and perhaps revolutionary paper that is judged not soley on the merits of it's length alone, but rather the method in which the content contained therin may better pave the way for understanding and enlightenment on a subject that has been too long ignored by the wider academic community and marginalized by well-meaning scholars whose folly not comes in their lack of comprehension of the material, but the rash and ignorant judgements formed by adherence to tradition, a desire to conform, and a continual reluctancy to carve new paths in the fields from which they gain their knowledge. this paper may contain a multitude of words but so little meaning that a reader lacking in discretion may find himself inadequately equipped to discern whether the author persists in the folly of awareness of his own verbosity, or instead and more likely in the prescribed scenario an urgent need to simply fill space with ink regardless of the tenacity of his arguments and self-critique which may better guide future generations in forming a better quantitative analysis in evaluating the original and hard won thought that contributes so powerfully to an essay not only comprehensible, but will remain with the reader and inhabit his brain to the point of parroting a secret source of his judgement for purposes of excelling in his chosen career and field of research will not only benefits the wider scope of humanity who in this dire time of societal stagnation and progress cut sadly short with an ineptitude rarely found problematic by the public and mass opinion

>tfw I always resort to this when tasked with writing about inane shit I don't give a fuck about in which my thoughts could be summed up in one sentence

Going over the same point over and over again wording it differently also helps.

Dubs rollarino

>callds dubs
>9933

MODS ARE ASLEEP, THIS IS NOW A GET THREAD

CHECK EM

I pirated it and couldn't even get the language packs for my language of choice because Microsoft's site is fucking awful, so I just downloaded Libre instead.

Use Emacs, desu

Trigger is not Anime, it's japanese Cartoon

send it in corrupted, then with your extra time before your teacher tells you it was corrupted write a new one based on what you retained from the original. blame the corruption on gmail

>tfw did this when I was failing deadlines renaming shit.rar to title.doc
good times

>before your teacher tells you it was corrupted
LMAO they'll just fail your ass for being incompetent in turning it in

>implying they can tell if it did corrupt because of the mail if you strip the file header or spoof it with a legit .doc header
I'd go to court over it, their loss.

Feels bro

have schoolwork to do? clearly this is the best time to be shitposting on Sup Forums. I can't think of any better time than when you have to write the insurmountably long 500 word essay. you must pay your teacher three weeks of allowance, five whole dollars, unless you want to fail the fifth grade.

>299 of my 300 students turned in the essay uncorrupted
>1 retard sperged out and turned in a """"""corrupted""""""""" file
>Yeah, I'll make an exception and extend the deadline just for him! Love trumps hate! xD

>he goes to court to cover his ass for his own lies

I hope your lawyers are good, because mine is called Isaac chayim. I am asking now 3k$ as an out of court settlement. You have 30 days to pay.

(You)

Just use LaTeX

nice job listing a latex editor there bud

>This is two sentences.

Lost points for run-on's, Nigel :^)

fuck you you fucking grammar nazi

I've done this a couple of times in the past.
>mfw it just worked
Having extra time was great desu

I know everyone shits on google but google docs is great. Doesn't work well on potato's though

This is why you use LaTeX

At my college it was basically instructed that you export to PDF regardless of your word processor.

I get that if you're at an office job you need to have a proper word processor, but OO or libre suffice for people who don't use it much and hate Microsoft.