I hate OS X

So this is the power of FagOS? 60GB+ of shit under the vague name of "system" on my hard disk? What the hell? I fell for the shilling and bought a used Mac and tossed in 10GB of RAM and a 275GB SSD and installed Sierra on it. This has only been installed a few months and it's already clogged with shit.

>tried to look manually for large files
>home folder is only like 10GB of stuff
>used several cleaning tools
>deleted all kinds of caches
>started in safe mode to clear out kernel caches
>still can't find out what's taking up all the space
>ran fsck and another disk verification tool to make sure it's not the SSD

Why? Why is it doing this? Does it just not accurately report it? This stupid shit drives me up a fucking wall. I know I can spare the space but that's not the point. I was promised a "just works" experience and so I expect it to at least accurately report the status of my disks. And there's even nearly 1GB of iOS files even though I don't even own an iOS device, which is also bullshit. It's just so bloated.

Should I install Fedora 26 or Winshit 10 LTSB on it? I'm not keeping faggotOS.

Other urls found in this thread:

michaelkummer.com/how-to-remove-local-snapshots-created-by-time-machine/
grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I fell for the shilling and bought a used Mac

Found your problem.

As if a install of windows 7/8/10 with the latest updates installed wouldn't consume just as much.
Modern operating system are heavy as fuck, after all, what do you expect from operating system like windows 10 and sierra when they come with a full suite of software? and in the case of OSX you get even more stuff oob.
If you want less "bloat" just install Linux, faggot.

Yep. I'm never buying another one.

>As if a install of windows 7/8/10 with the latest updates installed wouldn't consume just as much
Windows 10 LTSB is installed on my other laptop and it only takes up like 10-12GB for the system.

Works for me.

Shut up, faggot.

I'll suck your dick.

You have a fine career ahead of you photoshopping. Assuming that's your original work.

I'm sure you would.

>66.76GB
I have a Debian VM running right now, with Xfce. the file it uses as its hard drive image is 6GB, it fits comfortably. It'd fit into 4GB if I squeezed a bit.

Post that boi pussy.

works on my machine
only 13GB used by everything except ~

It's not even photoshopped. In fact, the size of all the system files has increased since I made the OP. Fuck yourself, this isn't even funny anymore.

That's a fresh install, try reading the folder info again once you finish installing all updates.
>inb4 updates are botnet u shouldn't update
I'm not autistic.
Pic related is my current situation, I own a samsung laptop running windows 10 and the windows folder takes about 45-47GB and I can't even remember last time I updated windows on that laptop does that bother me? no, because unlike OP I'm not autistic and know that I can just plug another drive on my machine.

It's probably local shadow copies of Time Machine. Seriously, don't worry about it. They'll be deleted/overwritten as the space is needed, but if multiple things go wrong with your backups and you need to roll something back you'll be glad it's doing it.

forgot pic

>As if a install of windows 7/8/10 with the latest updates installed wouldn't consume just as much.
I dunno man, my Windows directory is only 20GB.

Why is fagOS such a bloated piece of shit?

>That's a fresh install
It's a 3 month old install. I've installed the security updates when prompted.

>but if multiple things go wrong with your backups and you need to roll something back you'll be glad it's doing it
I back up my disks with dd on all of my machines once a week and store them on my home server. I'm not glad that it's doing it.

Look at the size of your Applications directory.

It's like the Android of desktop operating systems.

>and bought a used Mac

Just sell it and buy a 500% faster PC for the same money.

michaelkummer.com/how-to-remove-local-snapshots-created-by-time-machine/

IT JUST KEEPS GROWING

Do you wake up and think "damn my system files folder takes up 20GB of my PC?" no? me neither and I have like 30GB more.
Yes so what? I have over 40GBytes on my wine folders (playonmac) for steam games.
Also, you do realize that you can install stuff that comes with OSX like iTunes and so on.
>It's like the Android of desktop operating systems
LMAO this is the dumbest post I've seen this week on Sup Forums.

>Also, you do realize that you can install stuff that comes with OSX like iTunes and so on.
Those applications aren't what's taking up the space, stupid faggot.

Get on my level.

Disgusting.

I might look into it.

I have a feeling Xcode shows up as "system", as do time machine local copies, as does everything installed through Homebrew, plus caches, plus perhaps hibernation file... Meh.

>bought a mac
>it acts fucking stupid

What'd you expect, user?

Install Fedora 26 with XFCE

>try to reply to
>legacy captcha fails and I fallback to regular captcha
>missclick the post ID two times
today is not my day

*uninstall
Dota alone takes 20GB, xcode takes less than visual studio (~15GB) on my windows laptop.
Like said, some apps may show as "system" but I already proved that almost all this shit is pretty much my games and programs not the stuff that comes with OSX.

This is great for getting an overview of a drive in OSX: grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my home folder is around 10GB and my Applications folder is around 9GB, so no, it's not any of those things. I don't have XCode or anything large installed.

use omnidisksweeper you dingus

>why doesn't some random utility on my computer dig through my entire hard drive and accurately intuit the origin and purpose of each and every file on it?

ncdu /

If you're really trying to thin out OSX get Monolingual. It will thin fat binaries, strip unneeded languages, etc.

I understand a game taking double-digit gigabytes, there's models and high-res textures and sound and maybe some video cutscenes and shit. But there's no excuse for an IDE to be 10GB.

Yeah I have no idea why Xcode is so monstrously large. The standard install doesn't even include the emulators for iOS and stuff.

Annoying the whole thing is a requirement for Homebrew.

What a faggot

sick screencap bro

I guess this confirms that "System" in the storage manager does include other stuff that isn't on the System folder.