WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK

visual studio is a big boy

but dude that shit is twice as big as GTA V

it includes everything and the kitchen sink, DevEnv alone (the IDE) is roughly the same size as it was back in 1998 (Visual J++ 6.0, Visual InterDev 6.0)

It is not because the other stuff gets forced on you. I can't get below 4GB for my installation of VS2015, don't even want to touch VS2017

At this point it's gotta be some kind of obfuscation to keep you from figuring out how the shit is working behind the scenes.

17 can actually be shrinked below 1gb. They rewrote the installer or something.

??? It's a professional tool, there's no point comparing it to a video game. If you actually need this software, you won't be concerned about disk space.

The amount of space depends on the frameworks and tools you install.

IE, Windows Phone SDK uses 4GB. Then there's all the SQL and server components. I really don't understand how you don't know this if you're actually a developer.

I had 128GB SSD as storage, but VS2017 begins very light if you only install thing you really will use.

begins between 4 to 15 GB space typical VS2017 plus WPF + C# developer.

yes VS devs are brainlet retards.

This is what happen when you do not share your libs properly, countless of duplicate ddl's for all of the modules installed and lack of retro compatibility, im sure you can compress the installation folder down to a dozen GBs with proper dedup.

Intellij, Matlab, mathematica, and xCode combined with some addons are still smaller.

if you only want the most basic c# stuff VS2017 is only few gigabytes or so

Microsoft doesn't want people developing software for Windows anymore

4(You)

>130GB
That's bigger than my fucking SSD

4GB's for an IDE is fucking ridiculous

chekeked

>Using a professional tool
>Too poor to afford a 500gb ssd

It's not the IDE, it's the SDKs included with it.(.NET/C++ runtimes/etc)
Every SDK is 500MB~1GB+.

>only few gigabytes

and what is in those few gigabytes exactly? Two complete 1080p video C# tutorials?

>Every SDK is 500MB~1GB+.

why

>professional tool
>a literal ton of poo in loo

>I can't get below 4GB for my installation of VS2015, don't even want to touch VS2017

Don't be a faggot.

>why
Because it is developed using Microsoft™ Windows® Bloated Technology™
:^)

it's actually modular installation now, you don't need that much disk space.

>typical installation is "up to" more than three times the size of the entire Debian distribution of all the twenty thousand some programs, two dozen desktop environments, enough documentation to leave anybody reading for years, telephone exchanges, compilers for probably a hundred architectures...

>comparing something arbitrary like Debian shit to source development kits and productivity tools

Tard.

I don't know what they consider to be a typical installation
UWP, .NET and C++ together are only 3.6GB

That's all the Debian software, including office software, hundreds of compilers, dozens of IDEs, Tuxracer and the rest of the games, literally every program in Debian. And it's still smaller than this "Typical" installation size.

>"Typical"
It's less than 4GB. 20-50GB if you include all the default components that you don't need.

> including office software, hundreds of compilers, dozens of IDEs
Again, those aren't SDK's.

>It's less than 4GB
but MS actually says 20-50GB is typical

MS assumes everyone using VS is working in a bloated enterprise environment.

farts

uh oh....STINKY!!

POOP!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH FUNNY POOPIES!!!!!!!!!!!

XD ELELELELELELELEL PPPPPPPOOOOO

PPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH AHAHAH

AHAHAHA FUNNY POOP! POOP FUNNY! WEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR POOPIE! GOOD POOPIE! POOPIE FUNNY! AHAH XDDD

DDDDDDD

DDDDDDD DDDDD POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP LELELELELELELELELELELELLE XDXDXD

POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP

! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P

OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHDXDXD

UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :))))))):):)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDD

OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE

WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA

POO

>but MS actually says 20-50GB is typical
The only way to quickly reach 20GB is to install the Xamarin Android + iOS workload.
That includes three sets of toolkits and virtual machine images.

how do you slowly reach it user?

Is this the WHATA FUCK MAN xD of 2017?

It's a professional development tool, not some abandoned freetard turd or mactoddler toy.
The 2017 version is smaller since it's more configurable now. Most people would just be fine with Code instead.

By selecting everything except Xamarin.
"Mobile Development with C++" is 8GB so that also brings you over 20GB.

I really don't understand why anybody would bundle sql server with a de.

Presumably because every programming job requires sql.

orly?