What audio format/formats do you guys use?

What audio format/formats do you guys use?

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mp2 or bust

mp3
because i am too lazy to download everything in flac again
i mainly listen to music in background while doing other shit anyway

mp3 and whatever comes with spotify.

ogg like a real gangsta.

normies

nsf/gsf/gbs/usf/kss/psf/psf2/vgz/sid/spc/hes/it/s3m/mod/2sf/strm

ogg vorbis q10

Exclusively Scream Tracker 3 modules.

Sup Forums is full of normies. Better get used to it. I mean, OP's image is Bart fukken Simpson.

AAC and FLAC mainly
Back when I was on Android I used 128kbps OPUS for music.

whatever (you)tube serves up

>Hello fellow non normies!

flac and opus

Ogg is a container not a format?

I didn't want to imply I'm not a normie. I am. Just like 99% of Sup Forums

mp3 320kbps
because it just works everywhere

DSF exclusively, I have golden ears.

FLAC

chiru.no

>no .sid
you normalfag

They completely fucked up the perspective of the cables in that shoop.

Actually, there is sid, but for some unholy reason it got text wrapped.

>thinking it's a shop

flac for archiving
ogg for casual playback listening of archived material

opus whenever I can

farts

uh oh....STINKY!!

POOP!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH FUNNY POOPIES!!!!!!!!!!!

XD ELELELELELELELEL PPPPPPPOOOOO

PPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH AHAHAH

AHAHAHA FUNNY POOP! POOP FUNNY! WEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR POOPIE! GOOD POOPIE! POOPIE FUNNY! AHAH XDDD

DDDDDDD

DDDDDDD DDDDD POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP LELELELELELELELELELELELLE XDXDXD

POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP

! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P

OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHDXDXD

UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :))))))):):)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDD

OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE

WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA

POO

Whatever format my stuff is available in, preferably FLAC. I don't transcode(except that one time when I converted my wavs to FLAC).

MP3, but I'm a girl :3

It's so fucking awful that MP3 has survived for so long despite being superseded by technically superior free formats twice. MP3 was even covered by patents until just a couple of months ago.

You're on Sup Forums.
You're not a man or a woman, but just a future causality of the death by the endless gentoo kernel optimizing and recompiling loop.

FLAC for archiving and listening when I'm on my computer. OPUS for sharing stuff with my friends.

Sup Forums has really gone downhill

What?

RIP CDs to flac
convert Nicovideos to opus to carry around

You're trying to hard

FLAC because I am not a filthy pleb

.sneed

this desu

DSF, DFF, FLAC, APE

Mp3
Ogg

flac for storage, mp3 v0 on my audio players

Mp3 at max quality (320kbps) for the majority of my music and flac and wav for the rest

FLAC for long-term storage
M4A (AAC) for consumption @ 224k , 18.5k bandwidth after a two-passes w/ loudnorm @ -18LUFS, 20 LRA (similar to ye olde "mp3gain" algo, but better and more true to the source in my tests); much higher final quality than a MP3 320 CBR, smaller file, readable by any device pretty much as MP3s. I add a final pass with AtomicParsley and exiftool to remove cruft, add metadata if it wasn't imported by fdkaac from the FLACs and remove padding.

>mp3 v0 on my audio players
Why? Are you using some player from 2003?

mp11 because it goes up to 11

Real negro boi

MP3 or Wav

flac only

I have a lot of Wav files that i need to convert to flac, also lots of flac files and mp3 for car trips with my family.

1/4" reel tape

flak

flac

I don't even convert for mobile, because SD cards are so cheap these days.

>Wav
>Wav
Friendly tip: .rf64 is superior in every single way. Also, release versions of the FLAC (up to 1.3.2) were erroneously not marking the EXTENSIBLE format when decoding bit depths >16bit, it has been fixed only in git.

bullshit excuse, I've a 32 GB microSD and if I were to use flac only I'd be able to store 1/5 of my current mobile selection.

How would I go about converting my local MP3 library to OPUS? I can't seem to find anything on this. probably not looking hard enough.

Flac

I have an iPod classic, yes.

enjoy your louse sound quality mp3s

also my phone.

You don't convert from a lossy codec to a lossy codec. Why it's silly shouldn't even be discussed.

Beside the fact that no one is able to tell the difference between a flac and a high-quality mp3, not even faggots pretending to have "golden ears", it's even more impossible to tell them apart with mobile equipment. Moreover, I don't use mp3. Enjoy your extremely limited collection and power drainage.

>This
And if you're nitpicking artifacts in ur ears it not listening to the song

I will fight you my man, should I just vbr my MP3s then? Because I really don't care about quality that much.

I'm not 'excusing' anything. That's just how it works for me. If it's not for you, then don't do it like that. I don't care.

A 128 GB micro SD card is like $45. That's flac enough music to listen for 12 days nonstop.

flac and opus

.midi

It's still a blue board though.

ogg

rockbox

Faggot

flac and mp3

>That's just how it works for me. If it's not for you, then don't do it like that. I don't care.
>I'm not 'excusing' anything.
I see. You sure convinced me.
I have probably double your collection in m4a in a microSD format that is compatible with any mobile device (128 is not), and I still consider it a small selection for mobile purposes. The "total hours" count is fairly irrelevant.
See too.

Do whatever the fuck you want, kool kid. Rip them to 96kbps MP3s and congratulate yourself

opus is the biggest lossy meme ever invented. It won't be supported as aac ever and it's foolish to use it for both music storage and music consumption.

Stop advertising your shitty board 24/7 faggot

mp3. I don't have autism

people with autism are the one sticking with mp3 in the current year, condolences.

Yeah, sure.

You're welcome.

>You sure convinced me.
I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I just answered the question.

>I have probably double your collection...
Good for you I guess?

opus on my phone
whatever the format it happens to be when I download it on my pc

mate I'll just ask again, reformulating my question. Is there any benefit to transcoding my MP3s to OPUS compared to just lowering the bitrate for compression?

Everybody's raving about the c64 and the sid yet i still prefer the NES's more simple style.

I am not a fan of ARP.

>I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I just answered the question.
You sure convinced me that's your goal in your posts.
>Good for you I guess?
and comparatively bad for you, I guess.

Youtube to .mp3 converter

FLAC on my pc and OGG OPUS on my phone.
But it's getting hard to find lossless music.

>OGG OPUS
for which purpose. It will drain your battery. Some opus decoders have optimizations for ARMv9+ but every mobile device produced in the last 10+ years is more than optimized for AAC.
>But it's getting hard to find lossless music
Just pay for it.

>whatever comes with spotify.

That's Ogg Vorbis fyi

What the fuck I've never seen such autism in my life

FLAC for desktop
AAC/OGG for mobile

FLAC and mp3

This

It's amazing
Which is a good thing. AAC is ridden with money vampires'n'sheit

mp3 or spotify default when I don't care
opus when copying shit I can't find on spotify to my phone
24 bit flac or raw @ 192k if I'm recording samples

go ahead and imply that I wear a scarf or suck cocks

I try to use flac for most music even though I'm not an audiophile and can't even tell the difference

>not listening to your 1-bit DSF files on the go
Plebs.

I don't understand how people can't tell.
For the vast majority of albums that I have in both, mp3 and flac the difference is easily noticeable.
Y'all ain't even trying, get some at least decent headphones and put some effort into it, it's not some superhuman ability.

but I don't really care. isn't it better that I can't tell the difference so I don't have to go through the trouble of finding a flac 9999k file for every song I want to download?

If I'm going to listen to it on my phone: OPUS (96Kbps or 128Kbps)
If I'm going to listen to it on my computer: FLAC 16bit (or 24bit, purely for Pink Floyd audience recordings from the 70's don't judge me you faggot)
If I'm going to edit it a whole lot: WAV 32bit
If I'm going to share it online: Both OPUS (128Kbps or 192Kbps) first and MP3 320Kbps as a backup for people who cant use OPUS.

I can't tell a difference between 320kpbs mp3 and lossless either, but I switched my collection to flac in order to make it future proof.
If you have a lossless version you can always transcode to any awesome format that might come in the future. There are already many formats that are better than mp3 in every technical aspect.