Chromium vs. Firefox

Well?

I've been using Chromium and all the electron web apps work flawlessly in it. It means I don't have to run two/three standalone clients for a service. Eg: Standard Notes, Riot and Discord work flawlessly in Chromium, makes it convenient.

I don't sign in to Google at all though. I used to hate Chromium regardless of its FOSS nature but it grew on me and I don't think the programmers and developers at Google on Chromium are necessarily bad. Just don't go full botnet ;)

I'll see how Firefox v57 turns out though.

On what level of botnet is Chromium?

Firefox. Superior engine.

It still reports to Google. This is why Iridium exists.

If Chrome is a 10/10, I'd say Chromium that your distribution ships is probably a 5/10. Maybe using Chromium dev with no Google API keys would make it a 4/10.

Waterfox is a good alternative to being botnet free but it is quite buggy. Just take a look at the issues on r/waterfox. Your best bet is Firefox stable (beta phones home too)

Firefox Quantum is nice but Chromium still executes JS much better. There is a reason why electron uses Chromium WebKit/blink and not gecko.

It doesn't matter if it executes anything better when you can't make it more secure, private or customizable than the Firefox engine.

>Firefox. Superior engine.
Superior in what way? Blink completely destroys Gecko in all benchmarks

>Well?
The answer is obvious, especially when you phrase the question like that.

This, posting the general right now.

Check'em

See

Use Pale Moon

I'm getting shivers looking at our current options

What about Vivaldi?

It's a prettier Chromium that eats up even more resources. The Google pings and everything are still in, by the way.

>Firefox
Memory hog
Not faster
Annoying features
Botnet, but who the fuck cares

>Chrome
Uses less than half memory than Firefox
Just as fast
No annoying features
Botnet, but who the fuck cares

actually firefox fixed some serious lag issues in the latest 54-56 versions
it works better than chromium for me right now

yay normies

Why does Sup Forums shill it then?

I tried using firefox but every single time it just stutters all over the place. Chrome is just smoother. Also youtube is miles better with chrome. But because of botnet i've settled with the ungoogled chromium alternative.

It's just a few idiots shilling it.

Both Chrome and Firefox has some serious issues.

Both of these allow you to force-enable GPU acceleration. Both will eat gigabytes of GPU memory with just a few tabs open on GNU/Linux.

I have no idea how these run on Windows with GPU acceleration but it's pretty funny when a web browser crashes because it runs on out of GPU memory when you have 8 GB of it and five tabs open.

>electron
YOUR BROWSER IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED PLEASE INSTALL GOOGLE BOTNET
ffs I hate those hipsters
Is there any addon which will update my UA to latest botnet automatically?

Enjoy your memory leaks
It's chromium
chromium eats more memory you silly
firefox is literally no different from chromium in terms of UI, customization and botnet right now, I wonder when will they ditch gecko.

Now that you pointed out memory lack I suddenly realized why chromium had issues on my 7870.

So what say you?

According to you firefox 57 will be lot worse than 56.

Why is firefox pat of botnet ?

It's the same shit except getting addons on it will be easier for devs.