Unironically using Xfce (Xfeces)

Unironically using Xfce (Xfeces)

Why???

>Xfeces
Made me chuckle.
Whole X is pure feces. Doesn't matter what you use.

Because it's the only stable DE, isn't bloated and heavy as fuck (looking at you, GNOME and everything based on you), is easy to use and it has the best user experience along with KDE.

Wayland shill belongs to oven.

What do you suggest instead? The only decent competitor seems like lxqt but it's still pre-1.0.

>Because it's the only stable DE,
This.

I used KDE up until the version 4 scandal, where nothing worked and every minor version broke fucking everything.

Then I switched to GNOME and was happy until they bumped to version 3. You had to install extensions to even change the date format of the fucking clock, and every minor version bump meant that all your extensions broke and GNOME regularly segfaulted.

I used Unity for a while, but after the multi-monitor bug where window scaling would take literal minutes and exhaust all available memory, I switched to Xfce and never looked back.

I'll never understand it
All gnome has to do to be king is add a TINY fucking amount of customisability and use a LITTLE less ram

because they don't know about i3gaps!

I only use it ironically

Light weight, easy to use and extend. Why not use it? All other DE's get in the way. I just wanted something simple to enhance my productivity, not hinder it.

It's legitimately the best, most stable, and feature complete DE available.

It just works.

*tears your screen*

Must be using a much much older version of xfce then.

Not the guy you're responding to, but I have a fairly recent version of Xfce and I experience this problem.

But I still use it because it's a minor thing. I mean, who the fuck cares if it tears a little if I drag a window back and forth as quick as I can.

What graphics card do you have? Integrated?

If I had no other choice, xfce is fine, otherwise I3 all the way

gnome is featureless, heavy on resources, waste spaces, ugly and with stupid paradigms (useless overview, not task-bar, no minimize, no menus)
also is going worse with every new release, they basically killed gedit some versions ago and nautilus is long time dead
customization is not the only problem, ubuntu falling back to gnome is a fucking disgrace

GTX 950

>ITT: fellow nvidia users justyfing why they have to use gnome/unity/cinnamon to not have tearing
honestly it triggers me to the point that i started noticing things in windows too.

>what is LXDE
enjoy your extra HDD, RAM and CPU usage

there's a "force cull composition pipeline" in nvidia-settings.

solves screen tearing completely, even with dual screen monitors and different refresh rates...

You could do that by editing your Xorg.conf but this GUI option make things simpler.

It really changes the linux experience for Nvidia users and makes it consistent whatever the DE, whatever the WM, without even resorting to third party compositors like compton, compiz or whatnot.

It uses a bit of GPU processing power but far less than a compositor does.

>what is lxde
An inferior DE which gets beaten by Xfce in every way. It's also discontinued.

full force composition pipeline decreses performance and induces input lag, so if you like gaymen its not that good desu (i like gaymen, thats why i even have an nvidia gpu). Also tearing in xfce is not triggering me that much, worse part is opengl windows causing slowdowns when moved/resized on desktop gpus ,but the resizing part applies to every DE atm.

It's light weight and does everything a desktop environment needs to do.

Gnome and KDE require too much infrastructure these days.

You can eliminate tears by using compiz

It's even built in ootb