Chairs

Why are good chairs so goddamn expensive?
Pic related can cost up to one grand, which for a product whose function is literally supporting your ass is ridiculous.

Are there some comfy chairs that have non-retarded prices (and no, I'm not a gaymer).

the joke is pic related is not even good for your back

That just makes it even more retarded.

get a costco task chair

Its $100, sometimes on sale for $80.

Oh and look at that, its basically just like that $1000 chair you linked. Imagine that.

Because not investing in shit that touches your back is stupid and high end office chairs have 15 year warranties.

Don't pay retail though. Look for used ones. A lot of dealers will move show room stock for hundreds less. I got a Steelcase Gesture for $300 that way.

What's the point of spending money on a good mattress?

Made this thread yesterday. Ended up buying a leap v2 last night.

Well thats funny, because what most people call "a good ____" just means "an expensive ____".

A fool and his money are soon parted. You know some people pay $300-$500 for shoes? And those same shoes wear away in a year or so just like $50-$100 shoes.

Herman miller makes the best ones...

I dunno... I have used $300+ on shoes. I pretty much use ONE pair of shoes for like a year so why not get something that feels great and look great? And especially in the winter here in Norway I need good shoes. Having shitty shoes can be awful when the weather is in the more extreme mood.

Of course, it does not NEED to be expensive. I am currently wearing Doc Marten's 1461 shoes and they are the best shoes I have ever bought

Lul, good shoes are easily worth the money. It is like the worst example you could pick.

I want something like these except the back to be a bit longer
Really the only shit i can find is that one ikea chair, but those are ass

oh really? what does that extra $300 get you over, say $80 shoes?

it's all marketing bullshit and fashion designed to convince you it's worth more. you see it a lot in technology, but most of us here are smart enough to not fall for it. ah, who am I kidding, Sup Forums falls for meme shit all the time

Agreed, shoes are one of the few things where spending more money ends up being worth it.

Sure many shoes are overpriced, but if you experience any kind of weather at all some 300$ Red Wings or something will probably last five times as long as some shitty brand store. Then again I am Norwegian as well..

But yeah, you gotta separate the marketing wank with the actual craftmanship/material quality. Same with most stuff in this world, also Sup Forums stuff.

are they made of magic that makes it last longer? Shoes are generally made out of similar shit.

yeah there's only one available material anyway right, have it slapped together by some asian kids using some glue and it's done

charging more for a material makes it stronger, got it. gotta pay for all that marketing somehow, amirite

of course, we all know material engineering and craftmanship are myths, my redpilled brother

You can see and feel craftmanship. If an $100 chair and an $800 chair feel the same on your back and don't break, why would you want the $800 chair?

Same goes for shoes. Lets say $50 vs $500. $50 shoes can feel really fucking nice and have amazing craftsmanship, yet people will insist that $500 shoes are just better without being able to point out a single tangible benefit, whereas those benefits are apparent between the $20 and $50 shoes or $40-$100 chair.

Tangible benefits (Chair)
-Supports X hundred pounds without breaking
-Has better combination of padding for long lasting and comfort
-Back and lumbar support
-Seat adjustable to any angle

Tangible benefits (shoes)
-Heel support
-Proper fitting
-Good combination of materials in sole/insole for balance of comfort and long-lasting

Some of those are easily apparent to the eye while others you won't know because they won't exactly tell you what materials they made it out of. The issue is that some people assume that just because shit costs more that they MUST have used better materials, to which I'm arguing that they don't. Furthermore, there is no shoe material that would warrant shoes costing hundreds of dollars more in production costs.

When it comes to computer parts we all know that its sometimes best to choose the cheapest parts you can that fit your desired specs (and reliability), and if something costs more for the same specs/reliability, its just a flat out waste of money. I'm saying this same principle applies to shoes/chairs/mattresses as well. I'm sure you'll agree with this, so please explain to me why you believe the extra few hundred dollars is put to good use in buying those things when there is no apparent tangible benefit.

But cheap chairs break very frequently and youbdont get any support. Unless you buy used or "refurbished" a commercial office chair will be much tougher and have significantly better support. My office has original aerons that are like over a decade old or something and they're all still fine.

Buy a chair from Costco. They're just fine and Costco has the best warranty on everything. Use the money you save to buy a gym membership and strengthen your core, you disgusting slob

low supply, high demand

i'm wondering if aliexpress could solve this issue like it solved the issue of custom-made guitars being really expensive

In general I agree with this, but two things

-Assuming the chair doesnt break or it has an infinite warranty (costco), you shouldn't assume that just because its cheap its bad
-Even expensive top tier chairs feel wear. Padding gets warn in, previous owners scuff parts.

Back to the costco chair though, heres a real kicker. You can return it whenever, even 2 years later, broken, for a full refund.

That being said, its not the most comfortable chair Ive ever owned. That would be pic related. It cost me $650, so I definitely side with the expensive chairs, but I cant recommend it for everyone.

amazon basics mesh chair

comfy, good support

Just buy a refurbed Aeron and be done with it. Got mine 5 years ago for £300, and I have no complaints. I can't even detect any wear.

>he spent legal tender on a chair with armrests

Chairs are overrated. Just get one of this and you're set. No more broken carpet, no more tangling cables, no more back problem.

I had a $2,000 leather chair and one day I decided to switch it with the chair in my incarcerated roomates office which is this one. I love it so much more there's something about this chair that is just so perfect I would recommend it for anyone especially if u get sweaty ass balls n shit.

>instead of getting up every couple hours let me buy this expensive meme desk so i can have the pleasure to develope varicose veins
Thanks but nah keep it to yourself

>pedo detected

Kek
Everyone always wants expensive executive meme chairs up until they realize how uncomfortable they actually are in prolonged situations
Mesh is best

use a car seat

My only complaint is that it hurts my ass a bit, so I got this $20 cushion and its perfect. When it gets too warm I just flip it over or use the mesh for a while. That and due to my shite desk I have to learn forward all the time, but it could be fixed with a chair that would lock at a certain reclining angle.

>taking a screenshot of a picture

Goddammit Sup Forums. This is some basic ass shit. Instead of posting an original hi-rez picture with a small jpg filesize, you take a low res screenshot of it, with black bars and a relatively fuckhueg filesize.

It looks like u just need a new desk

Sorry on mobile and don't want you people to backtrack my shit

I used to have a god tier battlestation but... lets just say shit happened and I had to move in with my grandma

So why did you have to downgrade your mouse

Looks like an upgrade to me

They're both steelseries senseis. I just like black I guess. The main reason I changed them was because the fnatic series had a slippery glossy coating on the side and I preferred a rubberized matte instead. I'm going to replace my keyboard with a matte black one eventually.

One thing Im kind of pissed about is my new steelseries sensei has coil whine. If you listen closely you can hear a high pitched eeeeeeee sound

i had that with a sensei raw i got when they first released, immediately regretted the purchases, returned it and will probably never look at steelseries mice again

steelcase gesture hasn't let me down for the months i've owned it. feels better quality than anything else out there