Holy shit you guys weren't memeing, it's fast! And that RAM / CPU usage...

Holy shit you guys weren't memeing, it's fast! And that RAM / CPU usage, it's so low compared to chromium! It would be literally perfect if extensions didn't break at nearly each update, most of the extensions I'm interested in aren't up to date...

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum).
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RAM is worse than Chrome for me, barely using any extensions.

>uses bleeding edge software
>complains about breakage
Anyway it's November 14 soon when it'll be officially released so if your addons haven't been ported to webextension yet you should probably try to find replacements for them

Switch to beta, it's already running quantum and it's stable. And as said, 14 quantum will come to stable as well.

Hmm weird, on my 1.5gb ram PC Chromium gets really slow after 4 tabs, but on Firefox I can reach 20+ tabs without an issue

Chrome extensions didn't break in years, I don't see why Firefox should

I just started using the beta and it just werks

What is this, google ultron?

Werks on my machine. Only 2Gb of ram usage with 35 tabs.

Not familiar with quantum, will it incorporate all of the nightly improvements?

I feel like I read this thread 50 times already

well memed my friend
still slower and using more RAM compared to Chromium on Xubuntu 17.10

>Chrome extensions didn't break in years, I don't see why Firefox should
Are you new to this board? Firefox changed the API for extensions so they have to be rewritten from scratch. This was announced months ago, though, so developers had plenty of time. One reason they changed it was in fact so that a change in Firefox won't break addons because the browser is now separated from the addon API (webextension).

Quantum is just a fancy name for Firefox 57 to highlight its advancements through the Quantum project (wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum). Nightly is compiled once a day from source so it's the latest development branch. Most things from it will end up in the release but there's really no guarantee.

"Firefox Nightly automatically sends feedback to Mozilla."

:thonkying:

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. Especially from Mozilla.

what extensions do you use? uBlock Origin never broke for me. Also it's more up to date than the chromium version.

>RAM
It's shit on macOS, any alternatives?

Why do people still care about ram so much. I usually have about 20 chromium tabs open and I am not even using half of my 8gb

stuff like VimFX, etc isn't compatible with latest version
Because my system only has 1.5GB of ram :)

>builds meant for testing send test results
wtf, I hate mozilla now

How much does George pay you

Just compile Firefox with AVX2

stop using shit from people that want you extinct

>stop using shit from people that want you extinct

wat? How can a browser make humans extinct?

>daily firefox shill thread
it's amazing that mozilla is paying someone to do this daily instead of fixing bugs on their shit
sjwzilla was a mistake

>says the google shill

>It would be literally perfect if extensions didn't break at nearly each update
Actually, with the change to webextensions, add-on breakage should theoretically be a lot less common because when WE is a lot less powerful for being a high level API (it doesn't allow add-on developers to touch the internals of the browser) at the same time this allows FF developers to be able to modernize the internals without affecting the add-ons at ramdom.

>most of the extensions I'm interested in aren't up to date...
This is a big change, maybe the biggest to firefox to this date, it shouldn't happen soon again and add-on developers was warned a lot of time ago. Check this list for compatible addons:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0