For what purpose?

For what purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.intel.com/editorials/new-intel-core-processor-combine-high-performance-cpu-discrete-graphics-sleek-thin-devices/
seekingalpha.com/article/4075407-advanced-micro-devices-amd-presents-jpmorgan-technology-media-and-telecom-conference
youtube.com/watch?v=p4KZz6eBlow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine Intel teaming up with AMD to totally destroy Nvidia.

It's a message from Intel to nVidia: Get bought by me or feel my wrath.

To see the world burning.

>nVidia tries to make up with AMD
>then Intel teams up with AMD against nVidia

Whoever loses, AMD already won.

Because it's irrational to only offer a cpu in 2017 for general use computers and laptop gaming. This saves space, creates a better product, gets them off Nvidia and helps AMD live longer, which Intel does have an interest in maintaining.

because it's superior to having nyidia graphics on board and intels only hope of keeping part of the mobile market which ryzen mobile is going to disrupt.

many manufacturers have done this, Apple and Vaio for instance. In the good ol' days, IBM and Compaq did this too.

WOLOLOLO

Up next: Ryzen mobile with Pascal.

Not going to happen.

>a gpu die plus separate a stack of hbm2 is small die
I want who ever made that graphic to kill himself

gee user thanks a lot
I was just about to get my hopes up

oh shit its real
newsroom.intel.com/editorials/new-intel-core-processor-combine-high-performance-cpu-discrete-graphics-sleek-thin-devices/

That's just intel finally giving up on the GPU market and going for AYYMD for help because they can't compete with Nvidia.

and we all know AMD is broke as fuck so they will do anything, even whore themselves for jewtel.

>and we all know AMD is broke as fuck so they will do anything, even whore themselves for jewtel.
And Samsung is fabbing SoCs and making screens for Apple.

Yeah that's exactly what I want. Less competition in the marketplace.

>basic intel HD
>everything business and home customers need for web browsing and office

>discrete GPUs
>absolutely necessary for scientific work, video, modeling and gaming

>APU crap that's a tiny step above integrated and years behind discrete GPUs
Who the fuck even wants this?

It's not an APU, it's Intel CPU + Radeon dGPU in one neat package.

Just a bit longer everyone, AMD will be epic win after a while!

Average joe for his "gamer kiddies" and gamers that want a decent gaming laptop without having to resort to DTR solutions (hot, loud and the build-in battery is little more than an integrated UPS.

>i hate business.

underrated kek

For destroying your flaccid anus. Get fucked.

>Intel CPU
>AMD GPU
the ultimate housefire

>35-45W

its a specific soc for apple
nothing to do with nvidia faggotry and stuff dont even bother

Doesn't Intel already license AMD IP for their iGPUs?

Next, AMD teams up with Samsung to make an Apple A11 ARM killer.

I wouldn't read into it. It's just a hedge to convince nvidia to keep prices low on their midtier socs.

K12 was already finished, and yes, it's a server first core just like Zen.

Intel are massive faggots and have monopolized the mobile market. This is probably some backroom deal to shut out Nvidya and throw AMD a bone, with AMD getting a cut of the Intel sales and not kicking up too much of a stink about the monopoly thing.

It's about as much of a backroom deal as are custom console designs, i.e. not at all.

>best of both worlds
Wouldn't that be AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU?

APU is just an iGPU that can do some more intensive shit without the added heat of a dGPU.

what happened to 'AMD is not in the business of enabling competitors'?

>what happened to 'AMD is not in the business of enabling competitors'?
You posted the phrase, for the first time in the history of Sup Forums

>be AMD
>chose not to make a powerful iGPU for whatever reason despite having all reasons and need to
>not competing in powerful APU segment
>so no problem with competition.

APUs are for basic use. If you want power you should buy an AMD GPU in addition yo your AMD CPU

>is for...
Says who?
A couple years back an APU was seriously considered a low end gaming alternative building you a 500$ gaming pc.

Every gaming console is a relatively powerful APU.

>should
The companies dont tell customers what to buy, the customers tell companies what to make.

>Shintel formally admitting that their iGPU is dogshit

LOLL

>a low end gaming alternative building you a 500$ gaming pc
In other words, if you want power you get a dGPU.

Crashing the laptop market

>AMD already won
Like first place at the special olympics

The question is how much power?

The first products branded as APU were equipped with an equivalent of a low end dedicated GPU and could shit on the PS3 / Xbox360 and run the PS ports of console games and lightweight online shit like LOL just fine.

Is this intels payback?
are we seeing microcode patches coming nextweek to "fix" the bug where nvidia runs faster on gaymes

>Is this intels payback?
No, it's Intel begging AMD for semi-custom design.

I think of it as Intel tossing AMD a bone so they don't go out of business and give Intel anti-trust issues.

>I think of it as Intel tossing AMD a bone so they don't go out of business and give Intel anti-trust issues.
Right after AMD reported Q3 in black and secured chink hyperscalers in September?
Uh oh.
Totally throwing a bone.

don't understand either ... but throwing intel their request bone is certainly not dumb

Ryzen 7 2700U

^ is supposed to btfo real good ... at least on paper

>$0.10 EPS w/ all that debt
lol they're rolling in their own Scrooge McD money bin

This deal was baked into their shit Q4 forecast, you financial wizard

>This deal was baked into their shit Q4 forecast
SKUs are arriving Q1 2018 you dumbo.

you think they make and sell their chips the day before Intel packages them onto their EBIM, you literally nitwit?

The laptops with these fucking SKUs are presented, not launched at CES.
This EMIB shit is far and away from going HVM.

1.4billion debt isn't too bad considering its low interest and they don't have to pay it back anytime soon. Also this deal probably wont generate revenue for AMD until the products roll out.

The retard doesn't even know how AMDs semi-custom unit operates.

Still better than anything you‘ll ever achieve.

intel is not in gpu game,and must license from green or red to use integrated graphics

That is what I though at first
What cooling device it will be necessary?

user is referring to Su's statement:
seekingalpha.com/article/4075407-advanced-micro-devices-amd-presents-jpmorgan-technology-media-and-telecom-conference
>We’re really trying to look for those areas that can grow our market share. And so it’s about how do we sell more products or how do we have our IP in markets that we’re not currently selling products. And so that’s kind of how we think about it. We’re not looking at enabling a competitor to compete against our products.

About that AMD said in wsj article
>An AMD spokesman said that laptops built on Intel’s new chip won’t compete directly with those based on AMD’s coming Ryzen Mobile, another power-efficient chip that combines general-purpose processing and graphics. The Intel chip will appeal to serious gamers, he said. The AMD unit, which the company expects to ship by the end of the year, is capable of running games, but not specialized for that purpose.“We’re playing in a complementary market,”

>intel is not in gpu game
yeah, sure

Basically Su is saying they don't have any presence in gaymen labtob market anyway, may as well sell chips to Intel and be done with it.

liquid nitrogen

I'd love to see one of these in a NUC

Who cares, they are both botnetted.

Holy shit!

is this real?
Is it even posibble?

business has no allegiances, feelings or loyalty

>intel cpu
>amd igpu
>nvidia dgpu
>arm low power/sleep processor

the future is bright

I've been running a 6600K and a 390X for the past two years and it's been great.

lol @ raven ridge
>hey guys you can game on your low power ultrabook if it's solitaire

it is intel cpu, intel igpu, amd dgpu

In the CPU world? Pretty much, if they had better single core performance then they'd be the top dog.

In the GPU world? Hell no. Even with Vega AMD's still behind.

>buying an ultraportable for le gayemes
I bet it manages doom just fine.

>underage retard from Sup Forums says retarded stuff

>GTX 950M is because I can't overcompensate as hard

AMD is literally marketing it as a gaming solution

youtube.com/watch?v=p4KZz6eBlow

For the low end
I don't see how a 950M is bad for gaymes today. It may not be a desktop 1050 but it's more than enough for casual and medium details AAA