Random mac address?

Can a webpage see my mac address?

ipv6 can leak my mac address since they hard generated through it. Should I disable it?

Also I remember to read something about put that address into cookies.

I have tried to randomize my mac address but every time I restart my network manager I always get my original address.

Is there any way to prevent this? I would like to get a random mac address every time connect to internet.

I'm using a simple macchanger script into rd.local but obviously it doesn't work if I restart my network.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.kali.org/showthread.php?21985-How-to-make-mac-address-random-at-each-boot-up
reddit.com/r/onions/comments/2rvd5q/can_tor_browser_leak_my_mac_address/
ben.akrin.com/?p=1347
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can a webpage see my mac address?

No, your Mac address is only seen by your router.

I use macchanger at boot

forums.kali.org/showthread.php?21985-How-to-make-mac-address-random-at-each-boot-up

>be as retarded as OP

I'm doing the same with a very simple script in rc.local but it isn't what I'm looking for.

But they can calculate it through ipv6 and I remember to read something about a tor user getting caught with his mac address into a cookie.
Can u read all the post? It's not that hard even u could do it user, I believe in you onii-chan

i want to fug kirari

yamete onii-chan D:

but kirari is so fuggable

cat > /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
[connection]
ethernet.cloned-mac-address=stable
ipv6.ip6-privacy=2
wifi.cloned-mac-address=stable
EOF

>change your machine's mac address
>router address has to stay the same because ISP
What's the point of this exercise?

Thanks, I'll try it right now.
I know but for my isp it could be anyone who has access to my router and not just me and I'm worried that it's leaking my mac address by some method.
I don't like the idea of being so easily identifiable.

>Can a webpage see my mac address?
No
>ipv6 can leak my mac address since they hard generated through it
No it can't. Your self-assigned local IPv6 address is generated from your MAC address. No website will ever see your self-generated address. If you are connected over IPv6, they will see the public IPv6 address allocated to you by your ISP

It didn't work.

Okay, I'd read something about that but I was still doubtful.

>mfw kirari is taller than you

>I remember to read something about a tor user getting caught with his mac address into a cookie.
Most Tor users get caught for actually doing stupid shit irl like taking photos of their cars or houses, it would be great if you quote where you got such information

Last comment from this reddit thread:
reddit.com/r/onions/comments/2rvd5q/can_tor_browser_leak_my_mac_address/

>>But they can calculate it through ipv6
only if you're using SLAAC. You can always do DHCP6 instead.

that's true for IPv4 but not for IPv6. For v6 you get a prefix delegation, a whole subnet. At least a /64, you can usually get a /60 or /56 if you tell your router to ask for it. The router can then pick from the 2^64 addresses in a given /64 to hand out to clients with DHCP6, or they can pick them themselves based on MAC addresses with SLAAC.

If you're worried about this shit you can also just turn off IPv6. You won't be helping the future of the internet and all that, but approximately nothing except some IPv6 test and promo sites are inaccessible over the IPv4 internet.

holy shit

ben.akrin.com/?p=1347

OP is right

>reddit
I actually had hope in you OP

Actually, I didn't expect it to be that simple. Now I'm even more worried, I guess I will disable it.
I can't remember where did I read that and that was the first jewgle result
Sorry onii-chan :'c

i want to tiddy fug kirari