Every phone camera does this

every phone camera does this

why

>Lenses
Which is the closest to how he looks in person?

1st one

left, obviously. but you get the right one with phone cameras if you do a selfie. shit's ridiculous

8mm

>not calibrating and rectifying your images

what does a time-lapse of a man turning into a jew have to do with cameras?

it reflects how the camera industry has evolved

wide angle lenses you dumb fuck
learn some optics

can I fix it or make it better somehow?

Depends a lot on the sensor size. Usually people say that anything from 35 mm to 75 mm is pretty close to human vision by subjective criteria.

Low focal lengths involve shorter optics, which is pretty handy for smartphones. They basically go with the shortest focal length that doesn't look weird (or is so absurd that it is again making things more difficult to manufacture).

>if you do a selfie
Anyone who takes selfies deserves to look like rightmost picture in real life.

photoshop's got some perspective correction tools
you're basically asking if you can turn a fisheye lens pic into a flat looking pic anyway

Take you camera away from your face possible. I look like alien sometimes.

what's your engineering background?

No it doesn’t.

What you’re noticing is different perspective.

Perspective *only* doeneds on your physical distance from your subject.

To achieve the same framing (for instance a head and shoulders shot) with a telephoto, you stand further back from your subject (because the lens “zooms in”). So you got the telephoto perspective, which is on the left hand side. Telephoto perspective means flattening of facial features, which many people consider attractive.

To achieve the same framing with a wideangle, you step closer to your subject (because the lens “zooms out”), thus you get the wideangle perspective. Which means distances between objects are exaggerated and thus facial features pop out more, which people consider unattractive.

>how to avoid that?
1. use a phone with a telephoto and not a wideangle

Or

2. shoot from further back and crop.

>literal rat face

Normies shouldn't be allowed to take pictures. This is why cheap cameras are a sin.

i don't care about selfies, but 50mm equivalent on rear camera is important part of my dream smartphone. i don't need fisheye in my phone, i want quality and detail

wow user you're so edgy

So you're saying I may not be as ugly as I thought. I don't think a new camera will fix my non-existent chin

buy a memephone with a "telephoto" lens

>6mm @ 10cm

>people not knowing how cameras work
smaller number generally means bigger field of view

>Usually people say that anything from 35 mm to 75 mm is pretty close to human vision by subjective criteria.

50mm is nearly the same as the human eye on 35mm film/full frame sensor. I think its something goofy like 52.5mm that is actually the same at that sensor size.

Looks like an AMD to Intel scale from left-to-right tbqh.

Perspective comes from DISTANCE, not from field of view.

if you hold the phone camera at 200cm you'd get the same head shape.

An 85mm lens 20cm from your nose will have your nose looking enormous as well.

>blaming shitty pictures on your phone's camera

You're just ugly, dude. Gotta come to terms with it someday.

>jews were a Sup Forums meme this whole time
>they're actually created by unfortunate photography errors, like ghosts and UFOs

i fucking knew it

me on the left

You're wrong on both accounts. Human vision doesn't resemble any commercial cameras.

We have extremely wide angle vision (120 degrees of arc) almost entirely made up of peripheral vision.

The field of view that is observed with sufficient resolution to read text typically spans about 6 degrees of arc, which is wide enough to allow a clear view of about five words in a row when printed text at ordinary size is held about 50 centimeters from the eyes.

Neither the sharp part resembles a 50mm lens at all (the sharp area is much, much smaller), nor does the overall eye's field of view resemble 50mm at all (our eyes view a much, much wider area)

The human visual system has no resemblance to a stills camera whatsoever. The eye constantly composites (combines) dozens of different focuses together, dozens of different exposures together (like constant non-stop HDR+) and constantly photoshops its own vision (deciding if an object is visible to one eyeball and obscured in the second eyeball to draw the object instead of averaging and having you constantly look at see-through 50% visible objects. This is also why the middle of your vision isn't completely blocked by sight of your NOSE. The brain works to photoshop the nose away from your sight.)

A video camera that performs extreme HDR+, extreme compositing and composite focus-racking wouldn't resemble the human visual experience either, as objects wouldn't be going into and out of focus at the frequency of the human eyes, no lens will ever accurately simulate the way our peripheral vision works (it'd cost many millions of dollars and be disorienting because if the eyeball is to the left and the viewer looks to the right half of the screen, the image would be dogshit)

"50 is the human eye" is a made up catchphrase for a camera angle that looks decently nice on cameras. Nothing the slightest to do with the eyeball. And even it isn't a rule. 35mm and 85mm lenses are both monumentally popular and not close to 50

>Photoshop
My eyes use gimp, fuck proprietary software

depends on the viewer's distance, as indicated on the graph.

kek

underrated post

Because they are usually wide angle to try and get as much in as possible, particularly selfie cameras which need to be able to fit your fat fucking head in them at arm's length, and maybe a person next to you.

It's more like 75mm.

Our eyes are very much unlike a camera lens, partly because we also have two of them working together.

The important thing is the perspective at which we observe objects, which is closest to that 85mm in the OP post. If you meet that person he will look most like the left most photo.

The other important thing is that its really not your eyes that are doing anything special, it's your fucking brain.

wait so are you saying if your eyes give your brain the image on the right it will make it look more like the image on the left?

Your implication is that your eyes give your brain an image.

What you see is just an interpretation by your brain of the data that is coming into it.

i know dw i was just heckling you

>left: AMD consumer
>right: Intel shill

lens compression.
get that 55mm equivalent phone cameras.

>depends on the viewer's distance
camera's distance

What happened to this dude's face
you're ugly

Cameras were manufactured to hide the Jew's true form.

Only paintings can capture what they truly look like, hence the destruction of traditional arts.