Why aren't you using Pale Moon as your browser? The lack of memory usage is so nice

Why aren't you using Pale Moon as your browser? The lack of memory usage is so nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

palemoon.org/faq.shtml#What_are_the_differences_with_Firefox
palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I didn't want to use memory I'd be using Netscape

I abandoned Pale Moon because their fork of gecko is too damn old

im not a furry

I'd be concerned if my browser wasn't using memory

It freezes at random times. It's the one thing stopping me from using it, it'll freeze right in the middle of me doing something like filling out some online form, and the process is unresponsive until being killed.

I actually use many different browsers at once nowadays. I think it's a better solution for anti-tracking, too.

I've had instances where watching streams/youtube on firefox would end up causing firefox to crash, but then also make some of my windows of palemoon graphically glitch.

After switching to waterfox for media browsing, the instability has stopped.

>just a super old version of firefox
I won't use versions below 57.

Hello cuck.

palemoon.org/faq.shtml#What_are_the_differences_with_Firefox

adnauseam.
the entire point of the project, out of the window.

For some reason I can't watch any html5 videos with it anymore after updating, and rolling back doesn't do anything.

Literally no idea what you are talking about.

Me neither but actually I don't give a crap about the dev humping stuffed animals. It's a pretty good browser and that's all I care for.

Pulseaudio-let

a) waterfox exists
b) icecat exists
c) i still use firefox

cause the retard decided to ban that addon adnauseam. it's not his business what addon users decide to run. people like him are always the same control freaks just waiting until they get more users before they really show themselves. might as well just use firefox/chromium instead of his crap.

>it's not his business what addon users decide to run
I agree. The user should decide. Actually that fury gave that choice 1 or 2 updates ago. You can now ignore the blocklist.

You can use adnauseam with Pale Moon no problem.

thirding this, pm is exposed af

You can now actually install all adons you want but you need to flip an autism switch in the settings first.

No compelling reason to switch from Firefox. In general, I tend to prefer the original, but if I was going to switch to anything, it would probably be Waterfox, since at least that one has a speed advantage.

>No compelling reason to switch from Firefox.
Google Analytics INTEGRATED IN GUI.

What are you talking about? Pale Moon is fast as fuck.

you mean the addons page?
thought that was removed a while ago

>your browser your way
>no I don't like that extension so you can't use it

Oh, fine then. They will never pull a trick like that even again, I'm sure!

Firefox wins again!

You can as of a few updates ago.
>Added an option to control add-on blocklist behavior (Options -> Security)

I kinda use Seamonkey.

How compatible is Pale Moon with Firefox extensions? I know it's not compatible with all of them.

Nevermind, it's been a while since I tried different browsers out, and I don't really have a very good memory. Like a doodle memory. I tried them both out and you're right! Pale Moon is very fast. It seemed faster than Waterfox even, and it was smoother, too! Yeah, I was totally wrong.

palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml
27.6 is out

What are peoples thoughts on the update?

What's the point of using this when Firefox Nightly exists?

Memory usage becomes irrelevant when you stop using laptops from the previous decade as your main machine.

i use waterfox. waterfox is faster.

no issues on my i5 2520m ULV x220, i5 3210m acer shitbook or i5 4670k desktop under windows 7

its bad. the only extension i use is ublock (which i have to use an outdated version of) and greasemonkey, which has a fork for pale moon. a lot of stuff doesn't work or is totally outdated though such as h264ify

It's compatible with older/outdated versions of them so I dropped it and continued using Cyberfox. I switched to Waterfox now and so let's see how this is gonna pan out.

Not many anymore now that firefox is trying to push its own new api bullshit that all firefox extensions have to comply with.

>This subtle but flavored shilling of fucking cyberfox of all things
I didn't even think this was popular enough to market like this

>he mentioned this ded fork so he must be shilling
Ok bro

damage control, he is still full of shit

Im using ungoogled chromium.

I like it. It's fast which is what I like.

If it was "Your browser, your way" as advertised, you wouldn't need that switch