/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask your stupid questions here. Use a search engine such as the following that respects your freedom first before asking us

duckduckgo.com/
startpage.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/
startpage.com/
forums.fedoraforum.org/
duckduckgo.com/privacy
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will Microsoft "punish" me for having used a pirated version of Windows 7 once I upgrade to a purchased version of Windows 10?

I read something about it recently but not sure if it's bullshit or not

Something related to MAC address and hardware signature?

Just installed Fedora 26 on a new machine here (already had Windows 10 before, thought I'd give Fedora a shot again) but now I can't boot back into Windows.
I've tried everything, but nothing is working - Windows startup recovery doesn't detect the installation, GRUB doesn't boot into it, my board's UEFI boot isn't detecting it... Nothing.
What should I do?

when I upgraded, it didn't seem to notice it at the start, however further updates might detect it.

No
Idiot
Download Destroy Windows Spying from github

Got a cheap latop for work so that i could do a few things from home. Bought it largely because it came with Kingsoft suite for free.
Then my wife through away the reciept i needed to claim and download the free software.

Anyone know of any microsoft office compatible alternatives that are free? I had used Libresoft a few years ago but it would completely fuck with the format when people opened files i sent them with MO.

pic always related

Good music management systems?

I have like 100+GB of music that is currently sorted into folders, but would like to manage it via something like iTunes or something. I currently use iTunes 10.4 since it has the home sharing option for your network, but none of the genius bar/store crap being pushed on you and the interface is pretty good.

The only two things I want, are the ability to have two "master lists". Since I have music, then I have a lot of video game soundtrack as well. I want to be able to shuffle through either music or video game music, so if I play my actual music I don't get vgm in the mix, and vice versa. Is just creating playlists the easiest thing to do? It also needs to be able to sync with my Ipod.

I tried MusicBee in the past, but when sorting my music through that, it actually moved my music to one folder, and took everything out of my sorted music folders. It completely fucked my music collection and it took 2 weeks to manually sort my music back into the original folders.

Thank you

Not him but desu I thought the consensus was W10 lgbt version or whatever has minimal telemetry but it cannot be fully disabled. Will take note of that resource though, cheers.

Is it wrong to feed chicken to chickens?

>respects your freedom
>duckduckgo.com/
>startpage.com/
lmao

Phone has started randomly rebooting and screen will fade to black in use, this started a few weeks ago but has gotten more frequent. I'm assuming it's a bad battery because it
>didn't start happening after an update
>factory reset didn't help
>happens much more often in the cold
>happens less often when charging
>happens generally when using CPU or GPU intensive programs, less often when phone is idle
Does that sound reasonable or is there anything else that could be causing this behavior?

How can I set my Ryzen to prioritize physical cores before threads?

Perhaps the boot configuration data is corrupt or missing? (look up BCD) You could try:

1. boot windows installation media (usb or cd)
2. forward through installer select repair computer
3. advanced options>command prompt
4. run "bootrec /rebuildbcd" without quotes

Maybe some other user could chime in to give you an idea if this may be a possible solution to your problem? Anyway, just trying to help.

Not him but someone said this last thread and I asked what's wrong with them (after maybe 8 hours desu) and got no reply, but will you please tell me what's wrong with them?

Is eating maggots relatively safe if you are desperate?

Duck duck go is known to track users and sell info, Start page is better but still relies on Google.

Someone please tell me how to get about:blank as my newtab page in Nightly, please. I've asked like four times across four different sqts since Nightly broke old extensions, titling them "legacy". I just hate how navigating to literally any page from about:newtab adds a back button. It means if I'm typing, or otherwise have transient data active, if I'm out of a typing window and hit backspace it's fucking lost. This has happened to me. How do I undo Nightly removing my about:blank to give me a fucking ad newtab page

They are just grubs. It really depends what they've been crawling in. As long as you maintain decent food hygene standards you'll be fine.

how do they fuck up this badly? Im not even using 8 fucking tabs

There is no difference between "real" and "fake" cores, programs will perform identically no matter which one they're running on. What you want to avoid is two programs sharing a core via different threads, but you can't do anything about that yourself. Your OS handles process scheduling and you'll just have to hope that it does the sensible thing while scheduling.

Depends on what the maggots have been eating.

Is there a Sup Forums approved OTG cable for connecting controllers to my phone?

citation needed

>Depends on what the maggots have been eating.

Not him but let's say you come back to your house after a vacation to find your fridge/ freezer died and is now filled with maggots despite still the appliance still being sealed shut (eggs were on a product and only hatched when warm enough).

can the nsa see me fapping when i use a protecting add block?

I don't know what a proteting adblock offers however I always thought their methods completely undermined anything between a user and a website. I figured every isp in america is required under law to feed whatever they ask for, so only a vpn as a buffer between isp spying and you would keep your activity private.

this just in
every browser has memory leaks

I'm guessing it's not normal my gpu has a reported clock of 300mhz when not under load?

Need help finding a good photography camera for under $200 for someone for Christmas. Not really sure where to start.

Looked at sample pics for stuff like Nikon, Sony, etc and for their sub $200 cameras I don't think they look that great. Could just be me. Just don't want to buy it and have the person end up being disappointed.

What are you doing, user? This is what I get with 4 tabs, one of them being a youtube video.

If you have a webcam then yes, it's possible. If not then they'll be able to see which sites you're browsing.

Should be fine in that case. You might upset your stomach especially if you find the idea of eating maggots disgusting, but the worms themselves do not harm you.

It underclocks itself to reduce power use and heat generation.

>It underclocks itself to reduce power use and heat generation.
is it then also normal to have ~90% gpu load spikes while "idle" due to this low clock speed?

forums.fedoraforum.org/

I see quite a lot of info on issues related to this at the site above. Check here for possible solutions.

Will the police department reimburse me after they broke down my door the other day after I refused to open it when there was a noise complaint from my asshole neighbor? Doors are expensive and I feel like my rights have been infringed on.

I mean I am sorta interested in this too... I thought you could deny searches in the case of cars, it seems shitty if a fucking house has fewer rights, but even if equal the cops probably do what they want anyway.

Does anyone know if xbox 360 controllers are still in production? I still see them on shelves, but I really like it and have grown accostumed to it after more than a decade. Want to stock em before they go out.

Yes because your ISP will hand their logs over if the government asks them to, if they don't just give them direct access already.

A cheaper alternative might be to just buy the parts instead of buying full controllers. I remember back to the days I needed repairs on some old N64 controllers and because of the ubiquity of the product itself, it was easy to find really inexpensive joysticks/buttons.

What's a good adblocker in android?

is the notch in the iphoneX display there so that you won't notice when the upper bar has burnt in the OLED display?

Any free OCR that reliably transcribes Sup Forums screencaps?

i was playing town of salem for awhile, along with just casual shit
but vivaldi isnt this bad neither is a chromium browser.

can you charge your phone with your body heat

When I was a wee lad my mama and grandmama indoctrinated me into thinking freezing batteries will recharge them. I do not think it helped.

In theory, yes. But the temperature difference is far too low for it to be practical.

Firefox + uBlock origin or AdAway.

Are you sure you're looking at the right value? Chromium splits the browser into multiple processes, as does firefox 57+. The value that is shown on "Apps" screen only reports ram used by the UI.

Is there any way to refresh Nightly bookmark toolbar icons? Sometimes when I suppose I click two of them consecutively, one assumed the icon of the other. It's been this way through multiple computer restarts, removing and readding, ccleaner cleanups, and updates. Multiple weeks. I've had the change happen for months before and ended up bookmarking a different thing to get the real icon back. A single refresh would fix this.

Look into thermoelectric generators, I know they generate useful amounts of electricity from wood stoves or fires but the temperature difference between your body and the outside air is probably too low for it to be practical.

Probably.

Duck duck go's privacy info page.
Start page is literally proxied Google, so whole they don't track you Google can follow your browsing habits through careful analysis.

I heard there was a way to fix Windows 10's retarded process scheduling.

Freezing is literally removing energy.

If you could then it would lose less battery when it gets hot.

well now that i think about it that is literally true, but as a kid taught nothing i was vulnerable to their non-argument that was vomiting their ignorance unto me to stop me from asking them for new batteries

You can set process affinity for each program in task manager (you'll have to redo it each time the program starts) and you can also disable SMT or specific cores in your BIOS. But you shoudn't touch either of them. Install the chipset driver and switch your windows power plan to Ryzen or High performance, let windows worry about the rest.

Not him but "track users" is dishonest if you're referring to duckduckgo.com/privacy saying We also save searches, but again, not in a personally identifiable way, as we do not store IP addresses or unique User agent strings. We use aggregate, non-personal search data to improve things like misspellings.. I only looked for something on your citationless claim though. Also about startpage, if it's the same proxy for everyone that's the best they can do, isn't it?

No, Searx does it better. Also, stored searches can be analyzed using browsing habits.

Yes, make sure tu put it between your buttcheeks or shove it inside like a dildo (iphones charge faster this way)

Can you fucking give context to anything you say you fucking faggot, do you realize you're stretching this shitty "what do you mean?¿" conversation out across nearly a dozen replies because you never elaborate on shit, thus requiring someone to ask you to? Why do you even pretend to care about providing insight into anything if you would've lived to old then died having been satisfied with only saying "lmao" in response to specific subject matter.

I don't even care anymore. Maybe someone else not mutually wasting time with pussy shit "insight" will make a substantial post I can witness later.

I'm sorry that you're a retard, enjoy your botnet.

Heart energy, not electric.

The point is that you can't charge something by removing energy.

Which software can let me view and control my Android phone through the PC?

If I want to return my gpu but I changed the clocks and voltages a bit is restarting settings in wattman enough for them to not notice anything?

How would I go about extracting music from an app game?

do (free) browser-extension-vpns "protect" you when pirating stuff? ?

>you're the product, no such thing as free lunch, etc
i know

i'm just lazy to get a decent vpn when i want to try torrenting a small file real quick, i know i can do it without a vpn and still get away with it but still

So i s blender more CPU or GPU intensive? To me it seems like the CPU shouldn't matter because of cuda rendering

what is a .v0 file and how do i play/convert it to an mp3/flac?

Sort of, as long as you use https the VPN will protect you. Set up a proper VPN already

Rename it .mp3 v0 is variable bit rate, smaller file same quality mp3

won't play, just getting an error.
when i play some of the v0 files in mpc, it seems to be playing but no sound is coming out.

Try with mpv

I have two monitors connected to my PC, a regular one and a screen tablet. Ever since I connected the screen tablet my main monitor started to get weird lines going through it. They disappear when I turn the screen off then on. They never appear on my second monitor (tablet).
Updated all drivers, didn't change much. Does that mean my GPU can't handle two monitors or something? What can I do to solve this?

GPU: GTX 1060

I need to make a single console program in C# based off of knowledge from a blog/youtube video/online course for school, but I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions Sup Forums?

>I need to make a single console program in C# based off of knowledge from a blog/youtube video/online course for school, but I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions Sup Forums?

What? Like what's the prerequisites? You could make a ray tracer family easy if you know maths elsewise make a dungeon generator

it immediately closes when i drop a v0 file in there.

it's a dump from an app so there seem to be two v0 files for each "element" (i.e. a character will have like "john_1.v0" and "john_2.v0" but the first one is much larger than the second).

ray tracer seems a bit too complex. Last program I made was a calculator that could +,-,/,* and pow 2 numbers that runs in a loop until the user types exit. this should be a little more complex than that.

you learn the most about programming when you make something you want to make
so think about what you want to make, not what you can make, then ask if it would be allowed for the assignment

Is there a good alternative to jdownloader on windows? They want me to use some addon or app to bypass captchas now and I don't want to oblige them.

people still use jdownloader?
jesus fucking christ I haven't used that in likke five years

he's messing with you, literally nobody uses jdownloader since megaupload died and scared other sites like rapidshare to shy away from public file storage

If a ray tracer is too complex your doomed. A calculator is like 10 minutes work including research time. You can't get more basic. Make a random name generator that takes celebrity names from a data base and switches the first le5ter combo of the first and last name (so tom cruise is com truise, Anna Moritz is monna aritz etc).

I have an old macbook and replaced the battery for it but now with the new battery it's not detecting it at all (also causing the fans to go crazy and slow down everything). Putting the old battery back in didn't make a change either (it's been 0% for well over a year).

After lots of googling and trying everything nothing seems to work, apparently it's due to "under voltage", is there anything that could be done? Would buying a new battery that isn't cheap chink shit fix this? I don't want to buy one and still not have it work...

Yo nvidia fag. Try to rollback your drivers as the newest ones are shitty than ever.

Try to look into 385.xx or 382.05 (what I use on my gtx 1070).

Fuck and here I am returning my vega for 1070 ti to not have to deal with shitty drivers. It feels like choosing between being fucked in the ass or in the mouth.

I used to pirate like a crazy in my second world pathetic country, haven't paid nothing for any content in my life, even on my phone there is full of modded/hacked apps. But currently I'm in France now, so I'm keeping up my pirating habit with some worries.
any frenchanon here? do you pirate contents how often in your country? can you give information about how will be the law enforcement for anti-pirating?

just join private trackers and stop giving a fuck. Not french btw but I'm sure it works everywhere.

im totally lost i keep getting kernel power 41 and pc randomly restarts, i changed the psu,ram and disable all the power management in the bios, im literally going insane on this
any suggestions?
i already tested the psu on another machine and it works fine

Thanks. I'm getting 385 now, hopefully this will fix it though I'm not optimistic. This problem has been happening for months. I don't want to believe there's something wrong with the GPU

I didn't want to pay 20 bucks for some chink app which was really necessary, so I decided to try Lucky Patcher on it, luckily the operation succeeded without any trouble. The problem is, I gave the app my email with all personal informations before patching it. Am I fucking idiot for doing this? or it will be all okay?

btw
cpu q8200
motherboard : asrock p5b-de
ram : 8gb ddr2 333mhz
psu : sharkoon 500watt 80 bronze
also not a windows related problem cause loonix also freezes but without rebooting like on windows

>I gave the app my email with all personal informations
why would you do that at all?

if it was a cheap shitty chinese battery it could be fucked, they skip out on a lot of stuff like voltage regulation/control and while laptops usually don't mind non-genuine batteries (if it's modern they can tell) the chinese batteries can cause other problems in the long run
that's the dilemma really, if it is a cheap chinese battery you don't know if the problem is the battery and you have no way of verifying, but in all likelihood it is probably the replacement battery that's fucked

kraut here I just use ddls unless it's some shit that nobody will care about like h-manga or jav

a capacitor is probably leaking on the motherboard, ram/psu are often more likely culprits but that's more applicable to less old and worn hardware

how fucked am i? old motherboard are hard to find

both choices are retarded anyways.

welcome back to the nvidiot circle jerk

Try turning off MFAA and set your refresh rate to "fast" instead of "off" or "adaptive".

jfc i hate this video card.

Does anybody know if I can access an iTunes Home Sharing share from a 3rd party client such as winamp or foobar2000?

Whats better then? Waiting for navi/volta? Navi is 2019 isn't it? And can we even expect volta in 2018 we still have no info about it.

that was impossible to access payment pane without signing in, also I was not sure about this will actually work

recommend me a windows program for organizing my music files.