what's their secret

Other urls found in this thread:

xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/
browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/337
browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/96
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2000$ phones
you mean 200$ right?

Well to be fair we've seen a price shift following their transition from budget to middle class, but still US 210 for my mi Max at the beginning of the year is great. Amazing phone and I can't find one with a larger screen / better for manga

I paid $580 for my mi Mix 2 with no regrets.

This is the perfect phone out of current technology. Stereo speakers, low bezel without notches, good cameras, lots of fast storage, beautiful body, even the vibration motor feels unlike other phones and in it's own league. It's also a flat display with no curved bullshit edges.

Even though the display isn't AMOLED, by default it has dynamic contrast where it'll lower display brightness and increase contrast, so blacks get darker in the dark, and the display goes very low brightness so using it in bed is super comfy without annoying the iPhone user sleeping next to you - the one that pisses you off by turning on her lightbulb of a screen with an all white UI.

I get about 7-9hrs SOT, honestly thought sd835 battery life would be worse, especially with the smaller battery.

>smaller profit margins
>larger volumes

it's literraly chinese government botnet

Includes free spyware so they can sell all your private data

That's how they subsidize the price

Global rom/version doesnt have any chinese app though

Flagship smartphones like the newest Galaxy devices and the newest iphones only have a BOM in the range of $200 to $250. High end devices don't actually cost a ton to make. What you're paying for when you buy one of these is the company's R&D and marketing budgets. Apple and Samsung specifically design their own SoCs so they need to maintain high profit margins to design new chips at a rapid cadence.

These Chink phones are using off the shelf components.
They're usually based off of an existing device, if not an outright clone of it.
They have no extensive marketing.
The company isn't subsidizing massive R&D expenditures of other divisions with their sales.
They aren't building cash reserves to expand and crush competitors.

Thats why they can sell their devices at lower price points and still make comfortable profits.

>lol what's a rom other than stock xD!

200>150

>actual speaker on top
>no headphone jack
The fuck, Xiaomi?

t. Mix 1 user

well desu miui is the most comfy UI out there simple and elegant
but for such a UI you need to realise that you are part of a botnet(assuming that you havent installed by the day one the xiaomi.eu rom which removes 90% of the xiaomi shit)

Dumb question. If I buy Xiaomi in Europe (CZ), does it already have the EU/global ROM or do I have to install it? I suppose that's because it's translated it's already different from the chinese botnet one.

even if its not who cares? eu xiaomi phones are 90% unlocked already so you just need to install twrp and the xiaomi eu rom (and i dont mean the official xiaomi eu rom i mean this xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/

> These Chink phones are using off the shelf components.
Every phone uses some off the shelf components. Applel is MAYBE ordering some custom CPU 'cause their OS is too shit to work with current multi CPU ARM, but in general it's all plus minus the same.

A lot of custom parts with a lot of stock electronics.

> They're usually based off of an existing device, if not an outright clone of it.
It looks a bit rectangular: Phone - done! This is not how it works, faggot.

Everyone is +- doing the same amount of work to wire up all these little components they chose on the inside of their phones.

Suicide nets because of slave labor

That obviously depends on the reseller. Same as with Chinese exporter resellers, really.

Generally speaking, just buy one in China (to avoid typical local reseller markups) and flash the stock ROM or whatever the fuck you want first thing you do - also get root at the same time.

Look at this tech illiterate retard.
Apple designs their own SoCs in house, you spastic. Why would you even bother posting when you don't have even a cursory understanding of this? Not everything is off the shelf in these devices. They'll have batteries made specifically for them. They'll have screens made specifically for them.

Chink phones don't do this. They use generic panels, and generic batteries. A dozen different chink phones on the market have the same PCB with only slight modification because they all use the exact same MediaTek SoC, the same battery, everything is the same except the case and where its assembled.

yes

and yet many androids still is beating the X in real life

cause you know using the cryptociphers to show your superiority on benchmarks can only carry you for so long

>I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll just babble incoherently.
Okay, kiddo. Nice talk.

Who cares... Rather China than America... Chinese foreign policy is much more lenient and considerate than US foreign policy... All the shit I said about the DNC I will likely be drone bombed next time a democrat wins the election.

not knowning that geekbench uses the crypto ciphers on the l1 cache to pass their bench on apple

comes on Sup Forums and shills for a product he doesnt even know how it works

Man, Apple fucking sucks.

>strawmanning this hard
Even mentioning geekbench at all is totally incoherent babble, you tech illiterate child. You got called out for talking out of your ass and you immediately tried to deflect to a random irrelevant topic since your terminal autism won't allow you to just shut the fuck up and stop posting when you're confronted.

>You got called out for talking out of your ass and you immediately tried to deflect to a random irrelevant topic

you mean this?yeah you call me out already your post showcased so much info which you clearly possess on the matter

in reality you are just a human iphone x a product placement with no reason to exist other than to shill

You just got BTFO faggot, go eat a dick.

Normal companies choose multi core ARM, but Applel needs to design & contract other companies because their shitty OS is so very dependent on fast single core performance.

They couldn't compete for shit if they just used the be regular multi core ARM.

> They'll have batteries made specifically for them.
Yea, Xiaomi and other phone companies too.

> They'll have screens made specifically for them.
Likewise. At least in the sense that Xiaomi got Corning to make a more compact digitizer / protective glass assembly which they fit to a display and so on.

As for the display itself, there's apparently generally no point since , you know, they didn't go to Applel levels of retardation and use a non-rectangular display.

I made a perfectly factual, concise, and above all neutral post about the BOM of high end smartphones. I didn't mention one specific brand, I showed no fanboyism of favoratism of any kind.

You, since you're a tech illiterate retard, immediately began shitposting, demonstrating that you don't even know Apple produces their own SoCs, even though its mentioned in my post that you quoted.
I point out your laughable error, and you start REEEEing about geekbench.

Now here we are, tech illiterate retard. You're still a clueless underage retard arguing against a strawman that doesn't exist because you dove into a discussion that you're genuinely too stupid to be a part of. This is your life. This is all that you're capable of.

every tech company has outsourced shilling in brasil nowdays

macaco soup must be popular

Holy shit, this applenigger is melting down.

Waiting on these faggots to make it to the US still. Currently considering huawei for my Chinese botnet needs.

well he must too his family wont be able to buy macaco soups anymore for at least 2 years

More importantly I need a upgrade soon, Redmi Note 5 when?

> camera bumps

get a RN4

so? and using google and apple NSA backdoors is different how?

Don't care about the bump.

>8xA53 cores

Lolno, fuck the A53, they're fucking everywhere.
Barely any more powerful than my Snapdragon 600 in my HTC One m7

Rather get a Redmi note 3, 4 is gimped.

No R&D, no marketing.
You pay mostly for a piece of hardware and an extra cost for the company to survive.
Unlike samsung/apple where you have to pay marketing and R&D (apple r&d dept is a joke and you really only pay marketing)

You're absolutely wrong. The RN4 is on par with my old Nexus 6P which had the 810. Only difference is that the RN4 lasts about twice as long due to efficiency.

browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/337
browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/96

Single score, not much different.
If I'm buying a new phone, the least I want is 2x A72 cores, which seems I will get with the Redmi Note 5

Get Redmi note 3

>android older than your mom

It's just 2 years old and can still out perform a Snapdragon 625

The OS is old, not the phone, the hardware is fine.

>makes 2000$ phones
滚 回 去 水 军

>Chinese foreign policy is much more lenient and considerate than US foreign policy
t. Xu Wang Peng

>Rather China than America
nice try chan

>giving a single shit about chinese spying in any country that isn't china
>not caring about americans spying on you in almost any country that isn't a 3rd world tier shithole
good try nsa

>don't give shit someone spy on you

the only thing iphonex can brag about is geekbench score

And screen. And everything else.

They also apparently make a shitton of other stuff like pillows, drones, cameras, lights, routers, etc. What's their gameplan? Why are they pushing so much consumer electronics out?

Next Samsung

Is xiaomi pushing for the african market?
With all the chinese expansion in africa and xiaomi's budget phones it seems like the most obvious move for them to finally gain a natural market apart from China

>How I mine for fis-- I mean bitcoins?

China is pushing into Africa in general. They're building trains, mines and all sorts of shit. The Africans are fine with it because it's not whitey, but they're going to be in for a very rude awakening before long. The Han won't give a flying fuck about them.

You didn't answer my question, just told me things i already knew. Thanks anyways.

Well then, congratulations: You answered your own question.

>China is pushing into Africa in general.
Not really, they have problems there.

If you think everything inside a apple device is completely custom, you are retarded beyond hope.

I bet you're one of those "mac ram" type faggots.

If you live in the U.S. you cannot be detained for something the Chinese don't like.

>chink phones are subsidized in order to increase the popularity of chink botnet
>android/ios phones are expensive in their base price and you pay subscription fees, sign several ironclad eula's fucking you sideways until the heat death of the universe, for the very tools that will spy on you.

Bruh I'm running Android Oreo what are you even talking about.

i own just about every single xiaomi product theyve ever produced. except for like multiple phones. i currently have the Redmi Note 4 and i love it its really good and especially for the price it works better than my coworkers iphones most of the time. say what you will about chinese botnet but its a very good investment and i reccomend xiaomi to anyone

actually china is giving away quite a lot of infrastructure in return for bases
they are literally building BRIs around usa
they literally linked Ethiopia, Tanzania and Rwanda with egypt in a matter of months by rail
they created quite a lot of water infrastructure literally bypassing the rebels by force

its pretty clear that they will spend insane money to leapfrog africa and in return they gonna sell SO MUCH SHIT to africa that their investment will pay off in a year

Absolutely, but there's no way that it isn't going to turn into a conflict when the Chinese are suddenly the upper-class in Africa and the Han aren't going to give a fraction of a shit about Africans.

they will because they want to exploit enough shit from them and they dont have the military force to do so in the whole continent

why you think they included africe on the bri? bringing africaans back to development giving them jobs ACTUALLY doing something about their country is the way to go
the french realised this kinda late in india but still it was enough to save their faces

They care about their resources and whatever money they can squeeze out of them, but do you think they give a shit if they are in poor health because of living conditions, for instance? That just creates something else for them to sell a solution to. They'll own every branch of government, including the judiciary and law enforcement within the first couple years and any complaints will go straight to the trash bin. All jobs worth a damn will go to Han and the man-hours of native Africans will be worth less than the cost of gas.

well yeah they do care but in the sense that everyone there will be a potential buyer for chinese products

>Perfect Phone
>Non-Removable battery.

Doesn't sound quite perfect to me. Pass.

So my Note5's screen is delaminating before the fucking thing is even paid off, and Samsung is refusing to warranty it because I have a crack in the decorative glass backpanel, so the phone is "not in good condition".

Fuck those fuckers, I decided to try something a little different and just ordered a Mi Mix 2. I heard some complaints about the MiUI with the Mix1, but how is it on the 2? Is there the same level of customization as "normal" Andriod? Have you had any issues with Google Play?

Fuck off faggot. Buy a used 6 year old phone if you want removable battery at this point.

Chinese spyware makes it profitable to insert these into our information space.

>any "smart"phone
>worth a three digit figure

>Xiaomi
>Not using custom rom

Make sure you get it with the global ROM or you'll have to go into bootloader unlocking to dechink.

I found miui to have plenty of customization.

100>99.99

>bought a mi3 in 2013
>still getting updates and with developers rom having easy root access

1=0.999...

I'm like 95% sure I did, got it off a US Ebay store touting factory unlock and worldwide use.

>tfw got a redmi note 2 with memediatek processor so no rom support

How's the battery life? Is the camera shit? How long does it take to charge? Any glaring bugs?

Prove it

Battery life is okayish (much better on nougat). The phone camera sucks anyways. Charging is pretty fast. And no major bugs as such. It's pretty stable to be used as a daily driver.

Lineage or something else?

If you take the limit as 9.99... approaches 1

Meant .999... fuck

Mi max 2 here
The phone is fantastic

According to every single source the Redmi Note 5 will come with a similar screen:body ratio, and come with a Snapdragon 660 which is not all that much weaker than a 835.
With those specs at under $200 I don't know why anyone would actually get he Mi Mix 2 for $550+

Max not mix

>Chinese foreign policy is much more lenient and considerate than US foreign policy
So is Bolivian foreign policy. It's not because they're good people retard, it's because they are too poor/fragile to project force.

I have never used this feature. by the time a phone has degraded enough in battery life it is worth upgrading anyway

exactly, while the US are policing the world right now.

Thank god for that. For all America's faults it doesn't come close to as awful as China (speaking as someone who has lived in China for months at a time). China still feels totalitarian and barbaric. Probably feels great if you're an ant-person who loves following orders but as a white man I can't stand it.

3/3 = 1
1/3 = 0.333...
0.333...*3 = 0.999...= 3/3 =1

>Probably feels great if you're an ant-person who loves following orders
I don't think they follow jack shit, just by watching videos of their traffic accidents you can realize that.
They don't respect red lights at all not to mention any other regulations, that's why their factories are constantly blowing up and their food is literally plastic.
They only follow the law and order when they get threatened by the party with getting executed.

this.

They allow themselves to be controlled by a totalitarian government that fleeces them and answers to no one. I agree, at the individual level, they don't follow any rules or show any compassion. That's why a world ruled by China would terrify me. It's like the worst of both worlds.