Install hackintosh, it's comfy, it just werks!

>Install hackintosh, it's comfy, it just werks!
>boot time equal to 4 boots of windows on hdd
>can't disable laptop screen or any screen for that matter
>doesn't support 104 key rollover, have to switch to 6
>fisher price applications worse than what windows comes with, pic related, and did you see that stock calculator? oh boy.
>0.2 appearance settings, e.g. can't turn off shadows, animations that take ten years
>alt-tabbing doesn't show minimized windows inb4 you need to press one more button for these minimized windows
>NO native snapping
>scrolling is all over the place, some programs scroll at good moderate speed, some scroll like an old woman
>setting for launching applications from store or approved developers, where's one for unconfirmed applications??
>10 restarts later - your disk has been corrupted, running fsck or some shit, oops something happened, contact apple support, sir.
How is this comfy again?

>it just werks

nobody said that in reference to hackintosh.

hackintosh either works fine or works bad depending on your hardware and if you installed correctly.

>has "hack" in its name
>complains it doesnt work

>boot time equal to 4 boots of windows on hdd
works on my michelin
>disable screen
what for
>stock apps
They're good enough. Photos, Notes, Calendar are all quite useful. Calculator is good, what's wrong with it?
>appearance settings
Install gentoo
>alt-tabbing
Learn about Mission Control
>no native snapping
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed until I discovered Spectacle. Better than any native solution desu
>scrolling
Some people say it's a issue. Dunno, it works fine for me.
>where's one for unconfirmed applications??
You have to right click on the app -> open, once
>10 restarts later - your disk has been corrupted
PEBCAK

>Install hackintosh, it's comfy, it just werks!

No one has ever said this.

Huh, I guess I can't rely on my hacksaw, then?

This. I have never heard of a hackintosh being "comfy". It's just an experiment to piss off Apple.

macOS is as bad as you describe on native macs too

mactoddlers will defend this

>complains after using the system for 10 minutes because oh no it's different get me back to mommy waaaah
>shitting on a calculator that supports superior RPN ootb
>too lazy to do research on anything
/comfy/ as fuck on my T420, if you take time to learn your way around, you can get comfy too

A mactoddler has defended this.

>mac

Found your problem.

OS X's stock calculator is great though

>calclet

>osx
When you can't use BSD or linux and you love those gay screen animations

I switched to OS X after years of using Linux. It has nothing to do with ability, it's merely personal preference.

My hackintosh is pretty comfy desu. No issues at all, more stable than Windows 7 and GNU/Linux. I rarely use it because NTFS support is terrible (just like with actual Macs)

>boots in 6 seconds
>keyboard just werks
>not just using dc
>shadows are useful and animations are short
>alt tabbing is ancient, Mission Control is the future
>snapping is harmful and useless
>scrolling works on my machine
>works on my machine
can your calculator fizzBuzz bitch?

>dc
Mah nigga

I'm guessing I pissed off op yesterday. I gave up. not worth. just a fun experiment.

>>Install hackintosh
Found your problem.

For me (h61m-s2pv Gigabyte motherboad, 3750k, gtx 1050ti) it was like:
>spend 1 whole months trying to figure out if my motherboard is compatible because I couldn't find a proper tutorial for it
>learn what a vanilla install is and how to do it
>setup a mountain lion VM
>finally, Nvidia releases pascal drivers
>get a sandisk ssd for cheap
>spend another 2-3 days to get macOS Sierra running on it properly
>ask for help on how to setup config.plist and nvidia drivers
>end up with everything working (audio, usb, full res, hardware acceleration, ethernet, wifi usb dongle and so on...) at 3AM on a sunday I think
Everything works even today although sometimes I mess around with kexts (drivers) and end up having to boot into recovery and delete the drivers/plist files from there and maybe even do a "checkdisk" which has always solved my problems until now.

I remember you. dat was me

Just install GNU/Linux

>>Install hackintosh
Therein lies the root of your conundrum.

(cont)
Now OP is using 10.13 and complaining about bootup times, little does he know that high sierra with APFS is designed for SSDs and it relies somewhat on firmware included on apple proprietary controllers as far as I've heard from osx86 forums. If OP is using a hard drive on 10.13 (I heard you can do it anyway) supposing that he's using apfs instead of hfs+ that might be it. My VM that runs on a hard disk boots in less than 15-18 seconds and my hackintosh with that sandisk ssd boots in less than 8. You say that OSX's built-in programs are useless and fisher price little do you know that (at least on win7) we had entire threads here laughing at how the windows calculator on the basic preset performs calculations on a incorrect order unless you switched to scientific. You also completely ignore how superior text edit is to notepad and the "richer" notepad which I forgot the name, you also don't even realize how useful apple preview is (properly resize cut/copy and paste, move objects and alligned them to text/images, save to pdf, email it...). Even siri is better (non-intrusive like cortana and gets disabled way simpler).

(cont)
I won't lie, the first few weeks of using OSX were a sore. I hated how some programs would require quitting instead of just closing, how the better font rendering is only available for 4k+/1440p maybe? displays. But then I learned the system keyboard shortcuts and it was (and still is) heaven on earth. I can even quit programs while alt tabbing. And the "non-retina" font rendering is actually way better than cleartype on the same display. First things that I really would bother changing are: disabling minimized windows on the dock, dock icons being zomed in too much once hovering the mouse on them and changing finder's defaults from the command line and the preferences menu stuff like showing hidden folders, filepaths, setting up tags and changing the default file search location. Other than that I just cracked some apps like bartender, bettertouchtool and then installed free stuff like backgroundaudio, noti, obs...