/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

/mkg/ - getting really sick of these fucking memes edition

Please post about any of your nice keyboards, including ones with mechanical switches, electromagnetic switches, or even fancy rubber dome switches, or the logitech K120

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/) (archived version, down for maintenance or something)

What do you guys think of varmilo???

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.myshopify.com/blogs/news/kbd75-rev2-0-sample-photo
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-keycaps-dye-subbed-keycap-set-117keys
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys
adafruit.com/product/1535
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01ABUJ2KM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510110496&sr=8-3&keywords=qisan blue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just boltmodded this yesterday

>Budget
$150
>Location
>USA
>Preferred switch type
I'm used to cherry blues but wouldn't mind something non-clicky if it had the same basic feeling
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Full or TKL, I like the function row
>Backlight
Don't care
>Previous/current keyboards
Corsair K70, hate the way the keys sit on top of the keyboard instead of being recessed

So the F77 was promised "late 2017". It might even arrive this month, with a bit of luck

Do you have new info, or does that guy have a reputation for being that fast?

Cause I saw that "promise" and just assumed it was horseshit. I still bet the keyboard will be great though.

It's been pushed back into Q1 2018 because of all the delays in manufacturing.

if you dont care about 2kro then get an ibm model m

Eclipse has repetitively stated that he will continue to push back dates to ensure the Model F keyboards are 100% up to spec.

New KBD75 case. What you guys think?

kbdfans.myshopify.com/blogs/news/kbd75-rev2-0-sample-photo

SA profile is actually pretty nice desu. I wasnt really sure if I would like it.

>What do you guys think of varmilo???

Their boards are pretty gud. Its hard seing backlit boards with proper positioned switches these days.

Unfortunately, Varmilo seems to be using upside down switches on their Varmilo-Ducky iteration. Lets hope this doesn't become standard.

Back to basics then.

What's old is new again.

Keep it simple stupid.

Filco a best.

>best
They're pretty good, but there's generally better keyboards for the price these days.

Like?

>Budget
$200
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
blues/greens
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
full-size
>Backlight
prefer no but as long as I can turn it off, that's fine
old-ass das with blues

+an easily doable blank keyset would be cool too

Literally the best ever made.

if you have one, is their weird SS2 profile similar enough to OEM/cherry to be usable, or is it a complete joke like DSA?

>Budget
£200 (a lot I know)
UK, can make orders from American sites though
>Preferred switch type
I'm only used to blues. I'm thinking a lot about topre switches though.
>Layout
ISO (I'm used to it)
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
No
old cherry board with blues, I've tried browns/blacks/greens/white alps and preferred the blues

I'm just not sure if I'd like topre and whether or not I should go for the 45g, 55g or variable version.

Is there anyway to get realforce 55g in europe? the one on amazon goes to like fucking 300$ with taxes and shipping and im not paying that

Its really close to cherry profile, just a tiny bit higher. Main difference is the bottom row, cherry is a little bit more inclined/ergonomic. Keycap profile is exactly the same as leopold SS2 profile.

Stock caps are pretty nice, more or less thick, and the dyesubed ones are high quality. Way better than any OEM keycap I know.

thinking of selling my corsair k70 with mx reds and getting a vortex vibe with clears

>spending over $200 on a keyboard

What the fuck. Just what the fuck.

You could use a shit Dell keyboard for $20 and put the other $180 into the markets and come back with $250 to put into your savings next year. What is wrong with you people.

Do they come with a non-gay spacebar replacement?

yeah i think the colored ones are extra

Sounds good then. Dont really like the profile (sculpted SA is great, flat not so much), but thats easily fixable.

I use my keyboard for 18 hours a day, I want a nice keyboard. I might buy a topre one for that much if I make the decision.

Anything with PBTs. I like my Filco but you're really losing out with ABS.

My endgame has finally arrived.

Thoughts on the G710 as an entry keyboard?

Meh, you are going to replace stock caps anyway. They really don't count when analyzing how good a keyboard is.

Come on, look at this thread. Do you see any gaymen keyboard around?

Find a flaw.

Shit keycaps, upside down switches, white plate, retarded rubber coated case, 4 extra keys on the top right.

y-you too

what caps are those, user?

they look quite stylish

previous (Cross-thread)

>US keyboard layout

just

Where and how to buy keycaps for an unusual design? 68+numpad

doesn't have a big ass enter with the forward slash put into the shift

It's nice to see this thread back in form without people posting their shitty rubber memes.

EnjoyPBT, although the rightmost column will at least have a couple keys in the wrong row profile.
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-keycaps-dye-subbed-keycap-set-117keys

Keycaps seem pretty standard. Any keyset that suports standard+winkeyless layouts should be compatible.

The caps on the right (fn, pg down, pg up, insert) might need a 1800 compatible kit to be correct profile tho, but the regular ones will fit just fine with some little height differences.

Maybe if they were PBT you wouldn't need to.

Geekhack group buy from like 2014-2015.

not my preference but your end game is beautiful

Here's some similar ones, Cherry profile blanks in black aren't exactly uncommon.
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys

I just want a programmable full sized cherry/gateron blue keyboard. Is that so much to ask for?

>babby's first chamfer tool misuse
It looks awful.

Get a filco and a Tiger Lily.

Will be getting one of these side printed with white top for RGB, like pic related, off from aliexpress on the 11.11.
How shit will they feel?

depends on the switches but it should be good enough

i fell for the aluminum case meme, what 3D printer would solve my autism?

Best source for ALPS caps?

>Tada68 kit arrived last week
>EnjoyPBT English/Cyrillic green caps gonna be here this week
>green LEDs arrived
>Gateron browns arrived
>Maxkeyboard custom print keys for my 60% Halo build should be here any minute
>Just waiting on my LED SIP sockets to arrive and then I can build my Tada68
So, does anyone know of a quick way to turn a keeb into a Bluetooth one via a cheap power bank and bluefruit module?

What do you dislike about it?

millennials buys non-standard keyboards

RGB

>Budget
as cheap as possible, ~$40
USA
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX blues I guess, tried them and I liked them. Heard clears are good but prob not cheap.
>Layout
QWERTY, idk the difference and idc
>Form factor
Just not 100%, don't want a numpad.
>Backlight
don't care
laptop rubber domes

Also would be willing to go to $80 for PBT base keycaps

Can I drive a 100% keyboard with a Teensy?

Is the arrow key function mapping the same as the Pok3r on this one?

I think what you and I are both looking for is this
adafruit.com/product/1535

18 hours a day? You're almost as much of a loser as I am.

the half kilo

Fuck me sideways, getting an ErgoDox was a mistake
>oh yeah it's just through hole soldering for all the components that's easy enough
>required to make your own 2" long mini-USB cable because of how the PCB is set up
>soldering four tiny ass wires to four tiny ass contacts without the radiant heat of your soldering iron undoing any of the previous connections

Hey Sup Forumsuys, I've never actually used a mechanical keyboard yet. What's the difference between this and other keyboards? How does it feel?

There's a Numlock button to toggle between arrows and numbers.

I'm usually bullish on KBDFans because the guy is awesome at pricing + customer service, but those corners are ugly as hell.

Yeah, good if not a bit premium brand. Remember to get their V2 boards which finally use anodized cases.

You mean "getting an ErgoDox DIY kit was a mistake"

Depends on the switches. That's the beauty of this shit: You can customize it to your liking and needs and bank account size.

what keyboard is that? planing to buy 60% with sunken keys. it's hard to find 60% sunken keys, most of them are floating these days

My motto is, if it's something I use a lot every day, then it's always a good idea to invest a bit more money on them.
Similarly, you have no idea how great an expensive computer chair is until you get one and sit on it all day.

not 60%

also not dvorak

>being a desklet
real keyboards have bezels

Those edges look thirsty for blood.

Are topre switches really superior for typing? I was thinking about getting a HHKB pro 2

I don't understand the 60% meme. Are you peoples' desks so covered in garbage that it would literally spill onto your keyboards if they were any larger?
Explain.

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-68-Keys-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01ABUJ2KM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510110496&sr=8-3&keywords=qisan blue
not cherry switches but you cant get any keyboard with mx blue cherry switches for $40

Hey you guys are keyboard enthusiasts? Any idea why my Model M works in bios and Windows but not in linux? I couldn't get it to work with any distribution. It'll work sometimes If I unplug and replug it several times. But always works in Windows and Bios.

They have narrow feminine shoulders and they have trouble reaching their mouse beside a fullsize keyboard.

this

You need to use a Model F for free software.

ps/2 isn't hotswapabble and can damage the keyboard

I am looking for the best keyboard(with numpad) should have non clicky keys preferable red/ silent red or whites, don't give a shit about RGBBQ gonna put them off anyway.

It's Got one of them USB cable thingys.

try plugging it in with PS/2

>half a kilo
what the fuck? my keyboard is about 2 kilos

I guess I'll order a new cable. It's not like an adapter. It's actualy usb to rj45 cable. It just doesn't make sense that it works fine on windows and not GNU + Linux. Tried it with a laptop, desktop and server. All same outcome.

are you using soarer's converter?

I don't know what kind it is. It came with it from the guy I bought it from on ebay. Never had a problem with, but back then I was windows only.

I just checked and there isn't a label on the cable.

>VA87M is my ideal keyboard
>can't fucking afford it

Life is suffering

these manlets don't have both backplates and backpanels

I just wanted the kbd75 with the split spacebar back and now they're adding a numpad to it. Why not just make it like the south paw if you're going to add a numpad?

Oh well , I guess I'll have to ask this again

Since the white version of the Leopold FC750/900R doesn't has any new stock (At least not in any page that I can found) , is there any keyboard with the same thick plastic base and the same quality keycaps ? I can't really find any

How bad did I fuck up buying an untested Model F?

It's different, and a lot of people love that difference with a passion.
Try before you buy.

not tkl