Python is fucking nasty

Every time programming pages on Facebook post stupid programmer humor that relies on the use of semicolons, a bunch of Python master race fags overrun the thread.

They're so Goddamn proud that they don't use semicolons. It's disgusting. Python is analogous to English that includes words like 'ur' and lacks punctuation. It's for the high school dropouts that can't make it through their day without smoking weed. I don't know jack about the utility of Python, but stylistically, it's code vomit.

I'm too much of a coward to say it on Facebook, or even stay here to read defensive comments from people who probably only know Python.

Sorry for the shitpost but I needed to get it off my chest.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/yes-python-is-slow-and-i-dont-care-13763980b5a1
stackoverflow.com/questions/21962763/using-a-dictionary-as-a-switch-statement-in-python
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Sorry for the shitpost but I needed to get it off my chest.
Nobody cares, there was no reason to write this.
I hope you get gang raped

Programming in Python is like riding a bicycle with the training wheels permanently attached and you can only ride it within a limited, confined area free from dangerous traffic and hazards with other children who are all short-bus riders.

Python is pretty neat I like it a lot and use it regularly.
T. user

It's bad when html is typed better and more like a programming language than python is

>itt: jobless mathlets

Python is fine for things you should use Python for
t. me

>Every time programming pages on Facebook post stupid programmer humor that relies on the use of semicolons, a bunch of Python master race fags overrun the thread.
>
>They're so Goddamn proud that they don't use semicolons. It's disgusting. Python is analogous to English that includes words like 'ur' and lacks punctuation. It's for the high school dropouts that can't make it through their day without smoking weed. I don't know jack about the utility of Python, but stylistically, it's code vomit.
>
>I'm too much of a coward to say it on Facebook, or even stay here to read defensive comments from people who probably only know Python.
>
>Sorry for the shitpost but I needed to get it off my chest.

Totally Agree

the only real reason to use python is that so many people have already used python. i mean, the pythonic way to write a switch statement is to use a function, wtf guido.

this pic can't be real. no one would be this cringy and let people take pics of them holy shit.

what? seriously?
i mean I am a "developer" using python, writing GUIs and other admin/utility scripts but never have used functions as a way to write switch statement.

either ifs or dictionaries.

>Every time programming pages on Facebook
>programming pages on Facebook
>Facebook
Into the trash it goes.

>programming pages on Facebook
here is your problem

Fuck you op, python is perfect for scientist, some people don't want to be a monkey coder with their cs meme degree, some people have real shit to do quickly instead of writing a shitty (((optimized))) code in c++ during two days to gain 2 ms of runtime compared to the python equivalent written in five minutes.

TLDR: op is too dumb to understand the purpose of Python

No, the pythonic way is to use a dictionary. Which is faster.

>I don't know jack about the utility of python
So you're just shitposting then? If the comments you see are saying python is good because of no semicolons then they are retarded too, python has it's uses just like a lot of other languages. It also has a fairly responsive and involved community so it is well supported.

python programmers in a nutshell. you can almost feel the taste of salt.

hackernoon.com/yes-python-is-slow-and-i-dont-care-13763980b5a1

>Facebook
Fuck off.

What the blog man and everyone seems to be missing is that everything in programming is a trade off. Do you want to be space efficient or time efficient? Do you want to have code that runs faster or code you can write faster?

I use python every day. It is super convenient. I do machine learning, statistics and research. Most of my code is supposed to only run once to get the numbers I need so I don't give a fuck if I can spend a few more days on it to shave off 2ms runtime. It is idiots who think runtime is the only relevant metric when choosing a programming language.

>t. code monkey

>facebook
enjoy your botnet

checked

Switch statements aren't needed in languages with OOP.

Do you even dynamic dispatch motherfucker?

>comparing a language without static type checking to a bicycle with training wheels

PyPy is faster than C

normal python is faster than c

stackoverflow.com/questions/21962763/using-a-dictionary-as-a-switch-statement-in-python

are you talking about this? because it's using a function.

KITTY, NO!

even better for one liner just put lambda statement right in to the switch, no external defs

>I don't know jack about the utility of Python...
Bait

No it isn't

Even end if/end select/next/loop is better than nothing at all.

They aren't and it's not even the point of python.
Python is about typing a code fast, instead of making a fast code.
It's for that kind of code that you need on the next 5 minutes and it will only run for 10 seconds.

Nobody gives a fuck about the language you use, it’s about the shit you do with it.
So, kys