Razer Smartphone

Who here is going to buy the Razer Smartphone?

>120 hz display
>8GB ram
>Snapdragon 835
>4000 mAh battery

It actually looks quite goid

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLwWq9Lh3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like a very decent phone overall. Would definitely buy if I wasn't tied to Project Fi

No headphone jack = no buy

I'll buy the next model when they add a headphone jack again.

835 phones pretty expensive. Get insurance for that

Jack is a deal breaker for me, I listen to music at least 2 hours a day. The rest of it is really good though.

>no jack
Why. This is stupid.

I need to see the build quality and durability, then it might be my next phone.

> No headphone jack
> No replaceable battery
> Probably anti-consumer bootloader

At that point I might as well just get an iPhone.
At least then if there's a problem I can take it to an Apple store and have an army of personal servants fix it for me, as opposed to contacting Razer and hoping they won't email you back a "fuck you lol just buy a new one", as is to be expected from gay-murr companies.

QHD 120Hz 5.7" might be good for a VR headset display, depending on the pixel refresh latency.

120Hz display you say?
Is this a response to Gear VR, Razer is the maker for OSVR.

As long as the IGZO display doesn't have too much pixel smearing, it looks great.

>being this autistic over a headphone jack

Just buy some decent Bluetooth headphones you losers. Are you going to complain it doesn’t play Betamax tapes too?

I'm excited for good audio codecs and high bitrate phone DACs

Edges are too sharp for me. Otherwise i would have bought it instead of ipx

Kys

The bootloader is unlockable

>decent Bluetooth headphones
Oxymoron.

>Edges are too sharp for me
Well, it's Razer.

Pretty good except
>headphone jack
Razer. You almost had it.

>What is apt-x

>Project Fi
>tied to
Choose one, I used it for a while and loved it but lack of phone support forced me back to my old carrier.

> being this autistic over a headphone jack

Yes because there's literally ZERO decent alternatives that doesn't require retarded fucking dongle adapters.

> Just buy some decent Bluetooth headphones you losers.

Buying expensive audiophile headphones isn't going to fucking help when the bluetooth system itself compresses the audio to the point where you might as well be calling your nana and ask her to put the phone next to the radio. No amount of empty promises from Beats by Dr. Nigger is going to help against the audio itself being turned to shit before it reaches your cans.

> Are you going to complain it doesn’t play Betamax tapes too?

As a matter of fact, I would. If Betamax had been the cheap, convenient, defacto way of viewing video on the device, a functionality that has existed for years on every device known to man. But is now being deprecated in favor of Laserdisc playback that requires you to carry around a 12V car battery to power it, and is also infinitely more expensive than Betamax because of patents and royalties.

>no headphone jack
I don't trust them having any good design philosophies. For a device this size, what's their excuse for this compromise?

A wireless audio transmission codec.
The DAC in the headphones is more important.

Im buying one when it comes out ill let you know if its trash or not

There's still Viper4Android if you really need to have a enhanced audiophile experience

>no headphone jack
>first smartphone of the company so bound to have some shitty stuff

The rest is pretty cool though, but not for me.

> No headphone jack
stop this meme
> No replaceable battery
sacrificing robustness for muh modularity
> Probably anti-consumer bootloader
bootloader is unlocked, also Razer's ROM is practically AOSP

kys

>defending the absence of a headphone jack
the state of Sup Forums

viper4android is the defenition of placebo bloatware software
it does nothing

Okay grandpa

Get fucked with a rake. I'm not the same poster as who you're replying to. It doesn't have a headphone jack, it's not worth the money.

literally no reason to remove a well supported port

120hz on a phone screen is overkill. 60 would have been just fine.
But then again Razer wouldn't have much of a selling point without it.

I've used headphone on my phone once this entire year.

>Wah, why doesn't my car have a cassette player, it's a well-supported format

4000mah battery

Battery gets used everyday. Headphone jack gets used a few times a year. Easy trade.

>m-muh one usecase
>m-muh hyperbole

>android

No thanks. I’m happy with a superior operating system.

>just buy more stuff! who cares if you don't need it?

is the phone root friendly?

Passing up on new phones until there's one that i like.
>120 hz display
>8GB ram
>Snapdragon 835
>4000 mAh battery non removable
>only a single port, and no headphone jack
>no microsd
>$700 for this garbage
I'd rather chinkshit.

>>What is apt-x
An actual step back in modern audio capabilities.
>muh bluetooth is wireless

So you wouldn't trade a rarely used port for a 25% bigger battery? I would and most people would too.

Why do people still want removable batteries? Is it a meme? No major release smart phone has a removable battery and hasn't for years.

I can't figure it out either. It's a much better option to just have usb c and use a battery bank. they're more flexible and can be used on phone besides your own.

>rarely
you should get out of the basement every once in a while
>25% more battery
zenfone 4 max manages to have both a bigger battery than this piece of shit and a headphone jack. No reason for them not to have both, especially since the Razer smartphone seems to be slightly bigger

I didn't realize you were an engineer on the razer phone user.

It looks fine, but it isn't worth $700, more like $400 at the most.

i didn't realize you ran out of arguments

What was that looks good for the short term of a corner flake off to your containment thread fa is going on the self or two on the fuck do I have to be constantly changing and and your presence of the dense cunts we share a past that looks good for this is a beautiful and your presence will do it seems to be constantly changing and and your presence of mind exploded the fuck out of the dense table with that tennis tournament and your family are in my mind that a retarded cunt from my parentals for the costly international call was worth it for winamp years of a corner flake off to your containment thread faster than swipe at least leave one or two on the fuck do I have to be constantly reminded of basic human beings and your family are in my mind they have a corner office.

This.

Also Razer gaming hardware has mediocre QC and longevity. One definitely has to be careful about their phone.

until the Galaxy S9 releases with no headphone jack, these autists will keep on whining. Just leave em be. I'm ordering the Razer Phone, can't wait for that silky smooth screen and aesthetic design. Been using bluetooth buds for 2 years now and wouldn't ever go back to wired headphones in public.

Is this the only small display with 120hz? What would you even use it for?

I thought it had microsd?

it has a micro SD slot capable of up to 2tb confirmed.

>paying $700 for glorified chink shit

This is dead in the water like the Essential phone. What makes these meme companies think that they can compete with Samsung in the flagship Android market?

I'll probably get one. I'll have to suck it up and use the dongle.

you retards can only argue in hyperbole, comparing it to obsolete. Face it, there's literally no reason to deprecate the audio jack. A fuckton of new equipmemt out there still use it. Bluetooth is never going to be a proper replacement so long as it continues to be lossy and be less cost effective than normal headphomnes. You're only wasting money for the convenience.

not hard to compete with TouchJizz and it's laggy bloatware nightmare. This coming from someone who gave the S8+ a chance... Can't wait to sell this shit.

Then they almost had a decent phone. I'm still going chinkshit since similar specs are cheaper+headphone jack.

>Bluetooth is never going to be a proper replacement so long as it continues to be lossy and be less cost effective than normal headphones

But it won't? You think the tech is at a standstill or something? perhaps more phones are coming out without the jack because they know something we don't, or are trying to force the tech to improve via demand.

I hope that every company that's pushing these type of specs for these prices just goes bankrupt.

>perhaps more phones are coming out without the jack because they know something we don't
They know that it saves them a few hundred thousands of dollars for each run.

I would consider it in the future once it gets a price drop. But until then I'll wait and who knows maybe 2018 phones will btfo the Razer. Samsung can very well come out with a 120hz amoled Galaxy S9

>There are anons defending the lack of an aux port.

Might as well go back to the days of using proprietary cables, or you know what I have a great idea, add wireless charging to the device, remove the usb/charging port, and only enable access to and from the device via wifi and network.

Apple take notes.

More like a step forward

>TouchJizz and it's laggy bloatware nightmare.

You live in 2013 or something buddy?

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZLwWq9Lh3M

>force the tech to improve
nobody that is releasing jackless phones is announcing new bluetooth audio codecs, retard
eventually, you're gonna find yourself in a situation where you want to run analog at some point
This shit is mainly a combination of money grubbing and copying apple just for the sake of copying apple, not because apple has good ideas

>he thinks all devices wont be wireless only in like 10 years

bro, might as well off yourself now if it triggers you this much.

As much as it pains me to admit but Samsung has really upped their game in the hardware side in the past 2 years and they literally are the only Android player worth their salt in the top end market.

Razer should have targeted the midrange market where they might stand a chance.

>so much radio noise from everything using wireless that everyone in densely populated areas go back to using wired to avoid hassle

You don't force people to change to use your product, you adapt to your consumer's needs, it's baffling a few shit companies try to phase out the most popular audio connector in existence.

It's like Laptop manufacturers releasing only touch screen laptops, it hurts sales and annoys loyal customers who have to go through the hassle of buying separate keyboards to use.

>doesn't launch with 8.0 so is not a Project Treble device
into the trash it goes

>More like a step forward
A step back in audio quality, and clarity on an exploitable standard is a step forward to you?

99% people just stream spotify so noone really gives a shit

Tell that to the original iPhone. There was no demand for an all touchscreen smartphone. Apple invented the need.

Better than the crap apple released. And cheaper.

>no 3.5mm

120hz display seems like a great feature but I don't want to be associated with gaymers.
Also, lack of a headphone jack is a huge drawback to me.

outkitel has 10000mah battery while keeping the jack

>have to buy a new phone is battery fucks up

Seriously I can't see myself having some kind of benefit from having such a good display on an handheld device, compromising the battery life, the same goes with such a high end processor.. I'm just a simple man with the need of shitposting constantly so... No I won't get it.

Literally the only thing is would have over my S8 is the 120hz display. Considering I don't game on my phone that's pointless and will do nothing but drain the battery faster.

>99% people just stream spotify so noone really gives a shit
99% don't just do that, and 99% of people actually do give a shit faggot.

underrated

you can set it to 60/90/120 Hz and it's adaptive like g-sync/freesync

for gaming it's not overkill at all

>buys a $700 flagship phone
>uses it for years and years until the battery goes bad
no

it was a massive improvement on the dumb phones and Symbian dominated market user that's why it sold like hotcakes and began the trend, and I'd still take a touchscreen phone with a physical keyboard any day, I'd fucking kill for a 5 inch N900 with updated specs running android.
1- You can lower the DPI to lower power consumption, and you can do the same on other phones btw.
2- The processor doesn't run at maximum frequency 100% usage all the time, states and governors user.
3- 4000 mah is plenty of juice.

>adaptive like g-sync/freesync
Because the gpu is powerful enough to outpace the display? Seems like a solution to something that wasn't capable of a problem in the first place.

It has a built in DAC too. You just need to use the converter that stays concealed in your pocket anyways.

that's notw how g-sync/freesync works
it's when the framerate dips below the display refresh rate that it adapts and stays smooth

Is it so hard for people to use that dongle they provide it with?
I dont get the "it has no headphone jack" meme

they're samsung shills

That's not how adaptive sync works.

here's your (You)

There's only a single port to do everything, so you have one port, and need to decide which one thing that you want to do with it. If the were at least 2 ports then maybe it would be a non issue.

>Sup Forums is defending the removal of the headphone jack
What happened to this board lads? Not even reddit is defending the removal this bad. Also for the "engineering" argument take a look at the S8 and see how a slimmer phone that the Razer one still has a headphone jack and good battery life.