Is 1000 dollars a lot of money for people?

Is 1000 dollars a lot of money for people?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.gallup.com/poll/166211/worldwide-median-household-income-000.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for people no
but for insects, hell yes

it's too little to appreciate or buy something to hold its value like property. all it can do is pay for groceries or consumerist planned obsolescence garbage. some people are better with money though.

Considering 80% of the world lives on 10$ a day it sure seems like it.

Sad that most of these people get monthly leases to show off to their friends and family thereby making their existing poverty worse.

$10 a day or less*

It is a lot if you consider all the stuff you can buy if you use that money wisely.
For example, if you love to burn your money, you can spend 1000 dollars for the iphone x. But if you know how to use your money, you can buy a bretty good android phone, a more than decent laptop and who knows, even a 3ds.

Sure wish I had a extra 1k to pay off my credit cards
:(
Fucking car repairs

For a damn phone, yes.

If you're using a credit card to pay car repairs then you seriously need to reevaluate your life before you end up homeless.

Credit cards are meant for emergency uses not to temporarily cover for your financial irresponsibility.

Want $1000?

Im not that guy and ill suck your dick for free I know how to manage my money

>car breaks down
>can't go to work
>get fired
Yeah sure glad I didn't use my credit card

>car repairs
>credit cards are meant for emergency uses
Are you literate?

>i don't own a car so i can't go to work

Depends, how many people?

>implying public transport is suitable for all jobs

That's main thing for some about big city- don't need car. Some can rent a car if need aroses, like $50

>implying public transport is suitable for all jobs
You can't really deliver pizza if you ride the bus.

Nice technology thread faggot, go back to Sup Forums

You can in Oslo... I know there is one pizza place that uses the tram and bus... I mean, there is a new bus or metro every 5 minutes and they connect everywhere in the city. Could have been just a PR stunt, but would not surprise me. Nobody NEEDS a car here unless they transport tons of stuff at a time.

this

also give me 10 000 faggot

What's going on in that pic?

>what is suitable in one location is suitable everywhere

>3ds
>in 2017
I would, but i'm inane.

>Acts like wasting $1000 on shit is better than wasting $1000 on garbage.

This is how poor people stay poor.

>Credit cards are meant for emergency uses

Can't carry much in the way of tools or equipment either, and if you work out in the sticks, forget it

I'm from Poland, and here for 1000$/month a lot of(poor) people are travelling to UK and because of that, UK hates Poland. In Poland people are getting usually like 500$/month. So yes, here 1000$ is 2 months of work.

credit cards are most certainly not for emergency uses unless you need the money immediately and can pay it back in full before the next billing cycle. They're great for purchasijlng services, or any other intangible where you want to be protected from fraud or scams. they're also great at keeping the poor poor.

your emergency savings are what you should be using for emergencies. you DO have 3-6 months worth of expenses saved up for emergencies, right user?

Depends on what we are buying. For a rifle, no, for a video card, yes

>car repair isn't an emergency
You have to be 18 to be here

Yes please my baby needs a repair if you are still there user please I'd do anything in return
[email protected] my throwaway email

most people have never made a thousand in a day, so yeah it kind of is

Car repair isn't an emergency.

It's a planned expense that you know for a fact is going to happen.

This is why you have "car repairs" budgeted and money set aside for the eventuality.

If you see "car repairs" as an emergency, you deserve to be poor.

its a lot of money to spend but not a lot of money to have

that sounds wise right

It depends "a lot of money" is not tied to an amount, but lets stick with $1000.
Making 1000 dollars / month means you are not making a lot of money.
Paying 1000 dollars for something you don't need, then it might be a lot of money.
So the question is: what is the money for?
$1000 is usually not enough money to require you to take out a loan, even though you can get all these "free" loans these days.
I personally would only take out a loan for something I critically need yet cannot afford, like a car or a place to live.
These things usually hold their value, so should I need to, I would be able to sell and clear out the debt with little to no notice.
So $1000 / month for paying for a loan is not bad, but adding $1000 for a single months expenses is not something I do without consideration and would consider that a lot of money.
$1000 for a thing I use for a long time is not a lot of money, eg getting a fridge or a computer is worth spending money on is fine as well, but I would avoid loans for these things if possible.

>t. never owned a car

>Credit cards are meant for emergency uses not to temporarily cover for your financial irresponsibility.
What are you talking about? Credit cards are meant for everyday purchases. You just pay the full balance every time you get a statement so you never pay any interest. Then you get the benefits of cash back rewards, superior fraud protection, and the convenience a credit card provides.

>you DO have 3-6 months worth of expenses saved up for emergencies, right user?
Yes.

It's a lot to spend on useless garbage,like tech. I would buy something useful,like a sword or a random piece of shitty abstract art.

>t. sub-human moron who doesn't know how to budget

it is.

The median household income was 59K in 2016

personal income is a bit trickier to calculate, but it can range from the median of 30K to the something like ~40K for FT employed people

This, cars break down and it costs money to fix them, it's part of owning a car when it's out of warranty.

Instead of rushing out to spend all your money, save up so you have 1-6 months of pay as a reserve.
A lot of people tend to spend 110% of what they make and use short term loans to cover it.
Or they spend everything they have and then have panic if something unplanned happens.
The only time where you should empty all your accounts is when you take a loan for something bigger. There will always be a short transition period when you do this, you can build up again.

Conditional yes though it's all relative. For most practical day to day circumstances $1000 is a lot of money. On the other hand if you were going to buy a car or a house with $1000 it's virtually nothing.

$1000? thats about a weeks take home pay for me after tax and insurance

I use credit card a lot, helps when low and for credit rating. Just remember to pay it

1000$? A lot? IT IS FUCKING SHIT LOAD MONEY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
at least in my 3rd world cunt, I could buy a cheap car or decent PC

>remember?
Never used credit cards, aren't they paid automatically?

it is expensive being poor.

Isn't there an idea that poor people (at least the ones with shit money management) will tend to spend all the money they have at the moment because its better to buy whatever you want right now then then to have future bills eat your savings away.
So they are always just living (and spending) for the moment.

you gotta be trolling, right ?

Credit cards are tools, and like all tools you can either use them responsible and enjoy the benefits or use them irresponsibly and get burned.

But I heard that domestic stuff is cheap there. Like you can get a $2 beer for 2zlt in Poland.

Also isn't your economy really starting to improve?

I started w. Prepaid card, then got approved for a few years later. Capital one, amex blue, chase. Was in jail so i couldn't pay off my discover for a bit

My slaves are mostly around 900.
So not really.

I don't care enough to research american credit cards, the credit cards we have here are just delayed payment.
You pay it all at the end of the month, so you get up to 30 days credit.
But you pay it automatically, the only thing you need to "remember" is not to overspend.
But most people just use a direct payment method where every transaction is paid right away (usually a 3 day delay)

atleast the polish coming to western europe work for their money and are mostly honest people.
certain other immigrants are a total scam, *muslims*.

yea, domestic stuff isn't very expensive but everything else is
imagine that your new iphone cost more than 5000 usd instead of 1000
many things like electronics which come from west are few times more expensive for us than for you

Consider the following:

SEC and Jobs Act just opened up investing in small denominations to unacredited investors. Think crowd funding but for securities. For a thousand bucks you can get 3-5x returns in your average oil production deal if they do crowdfunding style funding phases.

So yeah if you do your research and have patience it can be a lot of money. Question is do you want more money or shiny toys?

pic related

t. Some faggot who bought shit that got memed on Sup Forums

took the words out of my mouth

>tfw my cousin got a 2017 BMW and is living paycheck to paycheck
>tfw most americans do this

cash back maybe but the rest makes you sound like a millennial

It is not a lot of money but i take the financing offers whenever possible to prove that i will pay my dues in time.

Helps improve my credit from when I was young and very irresponsible.

>tfw 580 FICO
SEND HELP

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL UP FFS

That's like 1m in chilean credits

Have none of you ever heard of building credit? Good luck trying to get a loan on a house or car.

>Is 1000 dollars a lot of money for people?
lrn 2 google you piece of shit nigger

Median *household* income globally is $9,733 and median per capita income globally is $2,920.

This means for half the population, $1000 is more than 4 months wages, or over 1 month's of their whole family's wages summed up.

So yeah, objectively it's a lot of money, unless you live in your suburbian ignorant bubble.

Forgot to say
>source: Gallup, 2013
news.gallup.com/poll/166211/worldwide-median-household-income-000.aspx