What is Sup Forums's opinion on Huawei?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Huawei?

Chinese company that fills their products with Chinese spyware, but they're still decent and competitively priced.

The Mate 10 Pro looks pretty slick, supposed to have a very good camera.

I have their Nexus 6p

when the battery started going to shit and the phone kept dying at ~22% battery for no fucking reason, Huawei said "its a software problem" then Google said "nuh huh its a hardware problem get rekt, rollbacks and upgrades dont fix it"

Huawei basically then updated their warranty to "huawei dont care and go fuck yourself"

so that's the last I'm touching of them

Don't trust them, there's a reason why their equipment is banned from being in national network infrastructure for a multitude of countries.

..what?

The p9 is good

the nova plus is the best phone I've ever owned (I'm a cheap fuck)

I also find it kind of funny how all of the stock apps (messaging, calendar, etc.) are unashamedly copies of ios

A chink company I have no experience with. All I really know about them is that they make electronics and have a UNIX certified Linux OS.

A lot of governments don't trust their stuff due to their ties with the Chinese government.

Like how Apple used to cooperate with the NSA and spy on their users? They only began their "we care about privacy" marketing tactic after Snowden blew their cover.

''Premium'' chinkshit.

Google were always fucking fags when it came to warranty. I still remember my Nexus 10's random shutdowns. I've tried contacting google because it still had warranty but they just guided me to samsung and told me it was their problem. Samsung basically told me the same thing and redirected me back to google.

2 Months later my Nexus 10 finally bit the dust, about 20 days after my warranty ended. Google just stopped replying to my massage and Samsung kept telling me it their job. I'm sure as hell never going to buy anything from these kikes ever again.

Decent budget phones for poorfags or don't want to speed 600+ on a "flagship"

No, it's like 2x more spying than that.

Currently at work using my honor7. Been here 4 and a half hours, battery was at 80% when I got here now at 38. Been browsing the web and playing a Scrabble clone. Brightness at minimum setting, volume off, using data not WiFi. Probably screen on 40 mins in every hour. My HTC m8 would last a full shift (12hrs) with 30 to 35 % remaining. Have no background apps, I close them as soon as I move to another to try and save some juice. On top of that the build quality is garbage and I'm pretty sure the screen is made from polythene, it scratches if I even look at it harshly. And there are 2 different notification type beeps that randomly occur that are not tied to any app I know and don't deliver any message. Just 2 distinct bleps I randomly get every now and then. O hate this cheap ass piece of shit. I really do. Thought I was smart getting a price cut on my contract but the difference in quality between this and a high end branded phone is massive.

I'm now at 35% battery and I forgot to mention that when charging I have to lean the phone at an angle with the charger wedged in or it just wobbles itself loose. Fucking garbage.

Huawei are experts at industrial espionage and shouldn't be trusted. Ex-Nortel engineers have said that they announced fiber optic tech almost identical to what they developed within weeks of Nortel's product launch. It wasn't even reverse engineered it was straight up stolen. Turns out years after Nortel folds they were found to have been hacked six ways from sunday by mysterious Chinese attackers.

I have a Huawei Matebook. At first I thought the name was idiotic. But it has a lot in common with the ideal mate. It is petite, rather cute, and seldom makes a noise. Unfortunately, it can be a bit dim but I can forgive that.

It's an ok state to visit but it's expensive to live there

Bought a Honor 5x a while ago, meh build quality, shitty os. They do a terrible copy of iOS and it's so buggy. Biggest regret was getting that Chinese shit brick

Chinese botnet

>apple's actually so retarded about this that they wouldn't unlock the phone of a literal confirmed terrorist that nobody except the craziest fuckheads would defend
>hurr muh nsa

Huh. I've had mine for 2 full years and battery is still fine. I had some initial issues with the softness of the aluminum, it took a dent and a couple dings with minimal force early but using a case stopped any others. Other than that hardware wise it's been great, I've looked at the Pixels but really have no reason to upgrade. Screen quality is better on the 6P than the Pixel 2 and the processor is still lightning fast even running 8.1. Only thing that will eventually get me out of it is I won't be getting updated to 9.0 but that's probably not for almost another year. Fine til then. Maybe Pixel 3 won't be shitty like the 2's.

Just a marketing gimmick. They at least used to be very chummy with the NSA.

Cheap if your life is worthless.

Okay chinkshit hardware, and the company has the usual chinkshit attitude when it comes to stealling tech. I remember that T-mobile dropped them over stolen tech. A Huawei employee walked in t-mobiles r&d facility to steal tech for testing handsets, he broke the hand/fingers off a robot, walked out, and flew back to hq.

They make phones for a lot of other companies tho.

>opinions on chinkshit
Don't you faggots have a containment thread already?

I avoid chinkshit as much as I can.

shit, no for real, because of their product our company got fucked over big time. they won't even return our emails either. fuck you john huang

>Chinese botnet

Is that somehow worse than US botnet?

Fair point, but the Chinese make no attempts to secure their botnets, for the moment.

The Mate 9 has some of the best screen on time (almost 9 hrs) which is doubly ridiculous for having a 6 inch screen. It's also on sale at BB for $400 right now on early Black Friday sales.

Us botnet is looking for threats to the USA Chinese botnet is looking for everything

They are trying to setup a rating system of each individual which require data farming from everyone to get enough information.

Had a U8350 few years ago. It was meh until a cyanogenmod ROM was available. Then it was the best phone i ever had.
Mechanical keyboard phones are best phones

I just discovered they are in Santa Clara. No opinion, just surprised.

/thread

Happened to the US and Russian governments too. Both announced new stealth jets, the Chinks suddenly come out with the J-20 which looks almost identical in design to parts of both the F-22 and the MIG 1.44 project.

Mate 9 owner, no complaints after 6 months of use.

Me mum has a P7, been working fine for about 3 years now.

I have a P8, EMUI is pretty okay as far as Chinese AndroiOS skins go. Kinda annoyed it won't get Android 7 but at least Huawei keeps releasing security patches every other month or so.

I love my nexus 6p but the battery completely shit the bed in the last week.

I heard google is giving Pixel XL's if you send them your 6p. talk to a rep.

Honor 8 user here. Solid phone, snappy fast, and battery life is crazy good. Plug it in at night after a full day and it's still around 50%.
The stock launcher is called EMUI or something and it's kinda shit. Replaced it with Nova on day 2. Native apps are blatant iOS copies (dialer, email, ect), so replace those with stock Android apps and the phone is fantastic.

If you own a smartphone you are using chinkshit

Love my P10 and don't care about memenet

Nasty fucking chinky shit.

>hurr le all smartphones are chink!!!!1
Other companies impose standards on their products that the little subhuman chinks don't.

Bought an Honor 5x for real cheap, still going strong and does all I need.

Thank you based chinks