Lets get a Newegg thread going, anyone here ordered from these guys? did your package come undamaged?

Lets get a Newegg thread going, anyone here ordered from these guys? did your package come undamaged?

I live in Australia and will be ordering 1200 worth of items, will be saving 500+ then buying from these rip off local shops. Wanting to know if any Aussies here have used them before.

I ordered majority of my recent build from them because they had no tax and free 2 day shipping on big orders. Most my items came perfect no hassle. MB had damage but not their fault. I recommend over Amazon 100%

Packed properly? Also are you Aussie?

I'm just worried my monitor if i order will get fucked up.

Packaging wasn't too crazy but i ordered my monitor from Amazon and they literally shipped it in the retail packaging itself so don't have high hopes. USA.

They are almost actively hostile to non-companies. They don't really focus their efforts at individuals anymore since the majority of their revenue come from companies. So if you have issues like damaged goods or you ordered the wrong thing etc, they will be hostile and you'll probably lose some money from shipping/handling fees, etc.

shipping prices are fucking killing me

They seem pretty good to australia, im charged like 160$ to ship the following:

>gpu
>memory
>monitor
>cpu fan
>motherboard

restocking fees fucked me over. even when the product was defective.

How much they charge?

I bought a $60 psu that was causing buzzing. I had to pay the shipping back (almost 20 bucks) + restocking of like 10-15 i think? (this was back in march cant remember totally)

I stopped buy from Newegg when they got bought out by Chinamen. Amazon ftw.

I'd buy from amazon but they don't shit fuck all to Australia.

Might just buy from newegg.

to the point they are a good storefront

last year they had a terrible shipping reputation where some of their items being shipped were damaged or arrived late. It seems to have changed judging from my last 4 items I bought off newegg. They have a bad reputation with refund especially if you are told by the manufacturers to get the refund thru newegg.

>anyone here ordered from these guys?
Yes.

I work at Newegg and this

amazon literally has everything newegg does and their protection plans from anything under $150 is 80 cents to 2 dollars for 2 to 3 years which covers a full refund and then some

are the prices more jacked there or what?

Tell me, since you worn there. How are the monitors packed?

Do i have anything to worry about having it shipped to Australia? And what about a motherboard?

Also what happens if they get damaged while being shipped? Do i get refund?

I actually don't know because I haven't been there long and I don't do monitors or anything that has shipping issues. Neither have I ever gotten customer tickets about shipping related.

Depending on where you live, you won't get stuff like Rosewill K51 and M57 on Amazon. Maybe you do.

Amazon will always be GOAT because they operate on losses to afford matching and undercutting the shit out of everyone and do free shipping as an expectation.

I used to use Newegg for all my electrical needs, but I sorta stopped now. Never received anything damaged/etc, but nothing beats Amazon Prime and their 1-day shipping.

Recently I ordered a used Vive headset. Turns out the controllers and light boxes were missing. Sent it back and ordered a new one. Got my new one the next day and my money back within 2 days.

Since Amazon offers mostly the same things Newegg does, I've no real reason to use them except if they have some deal going on.

For example, I bought 16GB Gskill ram for $80 from Newegg when a deal was going on. When I check the price now, it's $160.

>jewegg
ordered some ram from them today because nobody here even pretends to have what i'm after

we'll see how shit goes and how hard customs tries to fuck me over for importing $2k worth of shit

> anyone here ordered from these guys?
They don't accept Visas embossed in Russia even if I buy through ebay/paypal from their store. So, no.

No point for ordering anything from Newegg for me. Even if it is cheaper than Amazon, the shipping rates put it way above the Amazon cost, which ship orders over 39€ for free.

I've ordered from newegg a few times this year (US based).
Harddrives, SSDs, and flash drives
-Ordered refurb hitachis, and 2/3 were good (quick refund on 1)
-An SSD is giving me issues (ADATA new)
-ordered a couple thumb drives (2 was not the actual size ADATA, not worth getting a refund over)
A GPU that I ordered from them died after warranty. (Refurb unit, RMA voided, and self repair needed/new fan)
Ordering cases has been great, and their CS is pretty amazing.
-actually priced matched amazon's out of stock
Ordered ram
-perfect fast delivery
Ordered Heatsinks
-Perfect fast delivery

They're actually top notch op just stay away from any refurbs (I know I fucked up, but prices where really low/tempting), and ADATA.

I'm a Canadian so the only way I can buy hardware is by physically going to a store for it. Online stores jack up the prices beyond the exchange rate.
A 60 dollar piece of hardware on newegg or amazon in Canada will instead be sold for 90 to 400 dollars. I wish I was joking.

I've ordered some shit from them late at night, and was actually delivered within 8 hours. Anyone else had this happen? It really surprised me when I got that know on the door.
Pretty fucking good for being a state away from them.

I've built both my computers with parts all ordered from newegg but now they don't have the combo deals like they used to so its not as fun. Probably going to use microcenter irl for next build.

So not a single good experience from someone outside the US?

Seems like it

just go with amazon they have great customer service if anything goes wrong.

>be leaf
>order from newegg.ca
>order from shit distributor - Canada
>order isn't from Canada
>need to pay $75 in border duties
>new egg support is useless
>contact shit distributor - Canada
>they ASAP respond giving me $75 back on my card
so it was good and bad and worked out I guess
my brother got his entire computer (unassembled) from them with no problems

Op here, looked everywhere and i cant find better prices.

I'll order cpu, mobo, gpu and ram now. Monitor in a few days so they aren't bundled together.

>i live a few hours from neweggs warehouse
>often times arrives within 24 hours of ordering with free shipping
>never damaged because it's being shipped such a short distance

I had a case arrive damaged (Canada Post's fault), but they refunded me very quickly and easily. Other than that, everything was fine. Usually ended up with multiple packages for a single order, though, since not all parts were from the same warehouse.

I'm in Australia and I bought a Fury Nitro from them last year. It arrived within two weeks and there weren't any problems. This was just one item though and without defects. But then again, trying to RMA an item through Umart or MSY is already a fucking nightmare so might as well save some money.

>newegg finally ships to my shitty country
>shipping cost makes not worth to buy from newegg

>$160
>for a small box

Hahahahaha ausfags what the fuck?

I can order like a super mega rig from anywhere in the UK and pay $15-20 Aussie dollar shipping, or none through amazon.

LMAO

Living on an island tends to make shipping expensive.

>the UK isn’t a series of islands
0/10 bait

Australia is much more isolated. That's why their biker gangs just manufacture their own SMG's instead of trying to import them from the black market elsewhere.

Jewegg is literally more jewish than Amazon. The only reason to ever use it is to evade sales tax.

The prices are really fucking good though

Small box? Not really.

>The only reason to ever use it is to evade sales tax.
Amazons taxes really kills the deal for me, and their customer service turned for the worst. Thanks amazon for outsourcing to muslim countries.

FUCK amazon tax