XIAOMI NO

XIAOMI NO

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/alleged-pictures-xiaomi-mi-mix-2s-show-iphone-x-like-notch/
m.weibo.cn/status/Ftqgn5uX8#_rnd1510146178056
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idoideas.xoutof10
androidcentral.com/no-xiaomi-isnt-working-mi-mix-2s-iphone-x-style-notch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pajeets will defend this

FIRST THEY MOCK
THEN THEY COPY

Notches look much more wider here
I'd rather they just shave the top part entirely off though

>samsung galaxy s9 will have the notch in 2018

What a fucking retarded thing to copy.

Fake news

What do you expect? Many Android manufacturers copied the removal of the headphone jack, I can't say that I'm surprised they copied this garbage too.

>Mi Mix 2s
>s

Learn to read you dumb fuck.

>inb4 someone installed the software notch app

Hopefully Samsung keeps doing their own thing instead of following this retarded trend.

>implying

It's just XOutOf10

It unironically looks great, hyped

Post source or gtfo

The future is now user

androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/alleged-pictures-xiaomi-mi-mix-2s-show-iphone-x-like-notch/

m.weibo.cn/status/Ftqgn5uX8#_rnd1510146178056

>as long as its not Apple doing it I'm fine with it!

Classic. Patterns never change

Is there a simple way to auto delete that startpage tab? I always end up with 10 of them open

And yet it still looks far better than the X

poorfags will like the notch in 3...2...1

>Caring about looks
Faggot

The more you post shit like this, the more Android users look like edgy contrarians who hate things that are too expensive for them.

I like the notch.

Xiaomi has always been blindly copying Apple, no surprises here.

Imagine how easy this problem would be to fix if there wasn't a cancer camera in the front for degenerate retards that use it.

But Xiaomi did the 'bezelless' thing first.

And the no headphone jack thing first.

>Not wanting to look like shit makes you a faggot.
>Wonders why women don't like him and lurks r/incels every day.

no one likes the notch or else things like pic related won't be necessary

That's ok user. Mental disability is something you're born with, and it's nothing you can change.

it's already 'rid' by default. it's just statusbar in applications which is already black

Why would the worse version not have a notch while the S version does you fucking retard

If this is true, then it is a retarded decision. Having a bit of bezel and no notch is better.

And do not copy Apple in everything!

Convergent chink-thinking. They can copy Apple before it does a thing.

>iphone like X
phone is being developed for years
iphone like

Top kek

TFW I was going to buy the mi mix 2 and it's gonna get replaced by an ugly receding notch model

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idoideas.xoutof10

Why the fuck are you asking me about Xioaoiaomimi bullshit product strategy? That's not the topic here. The point is, whatever product the Mi Mix 2(S) is, has a notch. Why it has one, is not my fucking concern nor is it something I can find the reason for.

This actually looks worse.

Serious question: why does Sup Forums get so triggered by the notch?
Front cameras/sensors are going to exist either way, so until the technology exists to put them behind the scree, there's always going to be either a bezel or a notch. The notch just provides more screen real estate to its sides for status bar elements, which means there's more room in the rest of the screen for important elements.
I've used my girlfriend's iPhone X and your eyes are always focused on the centre of the screen anyway, to the point where it's only visible when you look up to the status bar.

why companies think copying apple is a smart idea ?

Because there's a whole consumer market of people who want apple products but can't afford them.

the notch is the

of screens

oh that make sense

Lol they were first ones with Bezel less display

>can't tell the difference between 2s and 2
>calls some a retard

>why does Sup Forums get so triggered by the notch?

Because Apple did it. do you remember when the retina MacBook Pros came out? Everyone here hated it and they called the 2880x1800 resolution insane and made up all kinds of shit to make it sound like the worst idea ever. A few years later;

>haha suck it macfags I have a 4K SCREEN much more than your screen! btfo!

>This actually looks worse.

Literally how? It looks perfectly natural and blends in seamlessly.

speaking for myself, I'd much rather have a bezel at the top than part of the screen cut away for the sensors. I'm sure you've seen the videos and pictures of the phone displaying a full screen video or game with the notch getting in the way. It was dumb when the Essential phone did it, it's dumb that Apple has done it (which I'm not even sure if I should be surprised about that anymore), and it's dumb that Xiaomi is doing it, but what can you expect from a chink company. Samsung, LG, hell even Google are doing it in the best way possible for their phones.

It depends on how they handle landscape videos. If it's like the iPhone X, where the notch literally blocks part of the video, then it's fucking retarded.

Xiaomi already had it right. This barely makes sense.

APPLE INNOVATES

ANDROID COPIES

FUCKING
CLOCKWORK

What? But we've had pictures of the Mi Mix 2 for a while and they didn't have notches. If this is true then it's kind of stupid they switched the design up like that.

No it doesn't, I thought it did but after fooling around with the iPhone Xs at stores it doesn't get in the way at all

people (reviewers) keep complaining that the front camera is in an "awkward" position at the bottom and find it too much of a hassle to have to flip the phone upside down to take a selfie.

Oh for fuck's sake. Who even takes selfies in current year? Not even the facebook idiots I follow do that shit anymore.

Instagram, Tinder and Snapchat grandpa

>Who even takes selfies in current year?

People without friends.

after that?

Right, I actually forgot about those.

They they say “a-android did it f-first”

>Who even takes selfies in current year?

Asians

Fair enough if it's your personal preference to prefer a bezel over a notch.
Just thought I'd add that, all videos have the option of displaying in their natural aspect ration (i.e. notch-free), or zooming to fill the notch.
Also, from my experience with my girlfriend's iPhone X, most games aren't stretched to fill the notch.
There's a lot of cherrypicking on Sup Forums from people who clearly haven't used one.

There’s this one retard who constantly shuts down any discussion of anything Apple with cherry picked information or outright lies with the tag line “iToddlers btfo” which shits up every thread stopping any discussion, that’s why.

Mods either refuse to ban him or he resets his route 50 times a day.

>buy a bezelless phone
>put it in a protector
>lose screen space and regain bezels
amazing

>Just thought I'd add that, all videos have the option of displaying in their natural aspect ration
The problem with this is that you end up with pillarboxing on the sides, and letterboxing on the top and bottom of the video. Both of these video options take away from the fact that it's a large screen phone.

I'm not aware of a single case that actually covers part of the display.

You do get the pillarboxing on the sides, but the photos posted here of the letterboxing on the tops and bottoms have been cherrypicked. They're photos of the iPhone X watching videos that are already letterboxed on the top and bottom. Normal videos have no top and bottom letterboxing.

Jesus Christ the absolute state of phone fashion when a notch at the top is breaking news.

Remember when phones used to be aesthetic?

Gas the candy bars, phone war now.

The essential phone is still a thing

It's also a pile of shit that's literally worse than every other sd835 phone from a company on the verge of being bankrupt

Its the notch innovator, like it or not, ipajeet.

I still remember my razr fondly, imagination one build today using our tech....

what? the notch is on every native apple app and homescreen

made even worse since they went for black text on white/light backgrounds

hilariously if that picture is real then they've done it better than Apple.
Look how much more space you have to the sides of the notch and the scale of the status bar.
It would at the very least be a better rendition than what Apple did.

THESE CHINKS ARE
SO FUCKING SLOPPY

>Droidtoddler has defended this

One is a company, the other is an operating system

Blackberry passport?

phones are for toddlers though user, they're literally just game systems parents give babies to amuse them.
Adults use computers.

Why not just allow 180° rotation of the screen? It's been an option in most ROMs for years now and I'd rather have the bezel on the top anyways.

user, you were right
androidcentral.com/no-xiaomi-isnt-working-mi-mix-2s-iphone-x-style-notch

>think we will believe a paid pajeetdroidcentral article

Damage control squad is here

>Emulate the notch

Jesus Christ why

Notches would be okay if they kept the whole status bar area black at all times, even in landscape mode. That way you can use the areas to the side of the notch for clock/icons/etc but never get the butt ugly look of a notch cutting into your screen. But since apple was too retarded to do it this way (probably because they wanted to show off that the top bezel was the same size as the other bezels and that looks cool in marketing shots) of course other companies are going to follow their lead.

>tfw botnet wants me to stay in one place

For fucks sake, why do companies keep copying all the retarded shit Apple does!

Now the iPhags can be part of the chink botnet.

You can go into the startpage settings and disable it (uncheck "open results in new tab" or something

Great meme photo

And Indians.

that looks ugly too.

pic related was the only way to make this phone look good and not be retarded

Its rounded for one, two, the devil horns look a lot better than a whole top forehead. I'd rather have that area be somewhat dynamic and able to show different things, its more immersive.

>pic related
>look good
>not be retarded

This approach is seriously a lot worse. It feels like you're running 2 displays which isn't great on a phone. There's also implications such as when to hide it and when to show it, it would need to fuck off if you're watching media but at the same time it doesn't have to. It really just makes more problems when you try to blend it in.

what would you know about aesthetics anime neckbeard

going by that concept you posted, a lot more than you.

I like how all the iPhone X reviewers have to notchsplain. "At first I wasn't crazy about the notch, but after a while, it's like it wasn't even there!"

From now on, I'm just gonna mentally substitute the word "notch" with "dick" anytime I hear about the "notch."

contrarianism
everything Apple does is annoyingly overhyped and wildly popular, some are bitter that their chink shit "did it first" and went unrecognized, others are just subconsciously trying too hard to look tech savvy and do so by railing against "mainstream" trends and implementations even if they'll fall in line a year or two later just like they did with the the iOS UX paradigm, app stores, high DPI displays and everything else

>It feels like you're running 2 displays
How does it feel like you're running 2 displays? It literally works in the exact same way the iphone x works now except the status bar is always black.
>There's also implications such as when to hide it and when to show it
Hide it in landscape mode and show a landscape status bar instead. Hide it when you're watching a video. I really don't see what's so complicated about changing the background color of that area to black.

I don't think I would want a full 100% front screen. I need just a lil bezel to grab onto