Daily reminder: SSDs have backdoors

Don't fall for their tricks.

If your going to make a claim, show evidence to back it up.

how can i find where this anime girl lives

Microcontrollers on SSDs have completely close sourced firmware, similar to ME on intel chips.
They can run embedded firmware, the only current solution is a very janky and complex work around through the OpenSSD project.

This anime girl > cat oreimo girl

Get a dremel and remove the topside of your skull, then search inside the mushy butterlike mass for her.

bruh its 2017, backdoors have backdoors

that's actually a normal door

"trust me bro" isnt adequate proof

A backdoor is something they try and hide.
A front door is completely obvious shit, things like access to android phones, windows exploits, various zero day exploits, and of course, SSDs and HDDs having embedded OS's on them, how do you not know?

HDDs have firmware with potential backdoors too...

so does every other mammal

Hence why I use old HDDs and CF cards as my storage, no backdoors.

>Reallocated Sector Count: A9999999

it's chara from undertale

Ur mom has a back door bro

no

what does this mean

What about SD cards and USB flash drives?

SDs are safe but slow, and very prone to failing.
Modern USB flashdrives have embedded systems in them.

>Ur mom has a back door bro
Everybody knows that one.

It means it's shit for long term storage freetard

This is not different then any HDD then. Why is it a problem now?

Also, that firmware can do what it wants. I don't recall installing non-free drivers for my storage so good luck on getting the data out.

Intel ME is another story. They can fuck anyone they like.

>not storing data on punch cards

She has myxomatosis tho

Remember that Equation Group thingy that implanted itself onto the _firmware_ of any HDDs and had full control over it without anyone noticing or being able to remove it? Yeah, that...

What's wrong with you? That kid's like 5 or something.

>not writing all your data and code on paper and imagining it in your head

Yeah? What’s your point?

Not just encrypting drive and using an external decryption key.

it is tho

sorry, my comouter is a botnet as I use the nvme SSD that literally plugs directly into the processors pcie lanes

what th-

Every single components of your computer have backdoors anyway. There is no escape.

i can't afford them anyway.
cause 240gb cost more than 2tb hdd.

Pretty much everything with a controller chip has firmware blobs. Right down to the batteries in laptops. There really is no escape until hardware is completely open, but then you run into the same problem as with open source software. You can only trust it insofar as you understand it and trust people to tell you it's safe.

Not many people will be pulling apart silicon to investigate it like they would with millions of pairs of eyes looking through source code. So you have to take the word of the few who know what they're talking about as the truth when it comes to the hardware.