/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/deploying/deploy-with-cli
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/deploying/
github.com/ayojs/ayo
github.com/ayojs/ayo/blob/latest/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md#moderation-examples
github.com/wealljs/weallbehave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

name something more useful than void*

First for C++ is shit

void **

>git doesn't detect name change if you only change capitalization

30 minutes of my life right there

How to fuck do i run a .net core program on linux? In normal .net it shits out exe and i can just click it in windows but in .net core it shits out some json files and such and i have no idea how to run it outside of clicking RUN in visual studio

git only detects those changes on a case-sensitive filesystem. You're on windows or mac, aren't you?

Stop using the winmeme.

The binary won't have an extension

i literally want to know how do i start it in linux?
i copied the debug folder with the generated files onto linux and tried to click everything and haven't managed to run it

Step by step: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/deploying/deploy-with-cli

Background: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/deploying/

How.do.I.go.about.this?
int * shift_array(int * array, int array_length, int shift_amount) {
}

Create a new array with the length set to array_length - shift_amount, copy over the values from the source array starting from shift_amount - 1, return pointer to new array.

memmove(array+shift_amount, array, (array_length-shift_amount) * sizeof(*array));

>create a new array
wrong. create it outside the function and pass a pointer in, you pleb.

If your OS doesnt think theres a difference, why would git

I'm just going off his function signature. I'm not a C/xx dev so you're probably right about what you say.

whilst you squamble, the C lord has spoken

Wrote a trading bot for Poloniex using the Bollinger Bands and Relative Strength Index indicators to do buys and sells in Node.JS.

Share if you can

I'm selling it.

good luck with that, anyone doing shit like that will write their own tools

I asked in the other thread as it died, so I'll ask again. What is the best way to handle a project owner that is a cuck? Fork it? Move onto something else?

You would be surprised. I already got 250$ for this one, people really struggle with programming

If you made a pull request, you already forked it lmao

I mean one of those passive aggressive forks where you rename the project, only cherry pick fixes from their project as they're relevant, and radically change the way that work is conducted on the software.

that's just a natural thing to happen with FOSS, if you wanna be passive aggressive be my guest but no real harm can come from that sort of fork

So the right wing equivalent of Ayo.js. As long as you don't make it a political statement like they did and have a valid reason on the surface at least, you'll be fine.

Everything else.

>deletes the last (array_length - shift_amount) elements

I think I have a few solid technical and tone reasons without being too petty, so I think I'll go ahead and do that. Any ideas for how I may rename the project? I think I'll probably republish my github repository to not be a fork so I can get my contribution squares properly on my github profile.

>this isn't a petty fork
>i want my petty contribution squares to show up on my profile

*Reads ayo.js CoC*
Holy shit what a bunch of whiny faggots! Good thing I use neither Node nor Ayo nor JS in general. The governance model of Ayo doesn't sound that bad tho

They're not petty, they're pretty. Plus it's similar to that one Seinfeld thing where you make a visual mark when you make work on days as a way to improve intentional practice, so there's less petty reasons for making that change.

Go back to github.com/ayojs/ayo fag

AYO HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE WUZ DEVELOPERS AND SHT?

github.com/ayojs/ayo/blob/latest/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md#moderation-examples
I'm fucking done.

FUCKING KEK

wew

All green frogs are hate symbols

ikr. This commitment they have to ban cartoon frogs is worth the fork. Trolling is a matter of national security ok?

>all cis pronouns
so toxic

>she/her
>he/they
>they/he
Does that mean we need to write "I stole they lunch" or just that they can't even write down their whacky shit in a consistent manner?

Yeah I used X and it was really crazy!

Hey, could you not use that word? What about 'ridiculous' instead?

JFC NO. NOPE. MODS. NOPE NOPE LOOK HERE

oh sorry, sure

>attempts to edit old comment to say "it was really confusing!"
>fails miserably since this is Sup Forums

>Patt: "Honestly, sometimes I just really hate using $library and anyone who uses it probably sucks at their job."
I still don't understand how this is an attack, or why people would suddenly gang up on you to delete your post.

Is all of silicon valley like this?
I'm starting to regret my career choice.

faggot I mean it. Please refer to the CoC over at (URL to this CoC) if you have questions, but you can consider this an actual warning. I'd appreciate it if you reworded your messages in this thread, since they made folks there uncomfortable. Let's try and be kind, yeah?"

You're just insensitivized white boi

Hi, I am a literal actual nazi and I think white supremacists are quite fashionable.

Generics

>Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
>use of sexualized imagery

>pup is literally an anime girl
BANNED

In PHP+MySQL I want to do the following:

>check a few busy tables for a bunch of values
>if the values are a certain way, do a bunch of update queries
>if the updates are successful, do a bunch of inserts elsewhere to log

However, I want to do this without the risk of the values changing by the time I start updating them, and without locking the busy tables since the process might take a while (big, heavy queries).

I am aware of the concept of what transactions are, but how do I actually make this work without locking? Committing all the queries at once doesn't work either, since the queries take long enough to execute that there is a possibility the table changes by the time I'm done.

PepeTheFrog has been banned from all boards or user repositories belonging to Hiro.

I once made a PR to a dead repo belonging to one of my former friends to insert a CoC. It was a one-man-show so it wasn't necessary but you know, for the sake of spreading the good practice.

He didn't want to listen to me so I unfriended him. BTW I titled it "touch CoC.md"

i wonder if they would reject my pull requests on account that I have astolfo as my profile pic

I would too. Dumb trapfag.

Less talk about cocks, more programming.

>make a pull request
>cute girl with green and blue dyed hair starts walking towards you
>unzips
>reveals an 8 inch CoC
>tells you that you must suck it or you're banned from the project for trans hate and sexism
what do you do Sup Forums?

>cute girl
Wake up back into the real world.
Or not.

Fork it,

The project, not the CoC.

It's only gay if balls are touching.

Interestingly they used the generator from here to generate their CoC: github.com/wealljs/weallbehave

Do these people know how to do anything other than write CoCs?
The logical extreme was to write a goddamn script that autogenerates CoCs on demand.

std::any

nothing is wrong with banning frogposters. they just need to make some pretext to do it

What if your generics are implemented with void pointers?

hi i am a literal real world communist and i think dyed hair and v-neck t-shirts are very fashionable

Then your generics are a pile of trash.

Doesn't change the fact that they're more useful

no, they're zero-cost abstractions

>runtime inference
>zero-cost abstraction
Pick one

>void*
>Zero cost
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is what the Ctard actually believes.
Proper generics (monomorphized generics) are zero cost.

I confirm that this is literally what Java does. You know type erasure and stuff

Literally same shit.

Templates are less flexible than polymorphic generics.

Please point out where in my post I mentioned or even implied templates.

>monomorphized generics

>Templates are less flexible than polymorphic generics.
(You)

Can i get a job if my github profile pic is an anime catboy and all the commits are in C exclusively?

>Templates are the only monomorphized generics that exist.

>job [..] catboy [..] C [..]
No.

template
void someFunction(T);

auto fptr = &someFunction

All monomorphized generics follow the same limitations. Unless monomorphization is simply an optimization on a more general polymorphic generics system.

A CoC is not a good practice

I only accept pull requests from users with anime profile pics.

>template
void someFunction(T);

auto fptr = &someFunction

your point?

sauce?

felix argyle from re:zero

Monomorphized "generics" can't do this. You need runtime dispatch.

I'd hire you.

I'll accept your pull requests on my CoC.

If I have a nested loop in c#, then how do I break the entire program? If I just put break, then it stops the loop, but continues with the program. Goto is not a solution

re-design your program.

bump. Don't know C# but curious what the answer is.

Oh boy I'm such a retard. The entire program is in a do while(true) loop...

>non-C """programmers"""
lol

why would it not?

he killed theyself
they killed heself

>2/7 girls(female)
pure garbage, even if they weren't mentally insane