Lets talk about the Tinder algorithm

Lets talk about the Tinder algorithm.

Knowns:

1. Swiping right on everything gets you pushed to the bottom of the pile.
2. You can reset your account by deleting your account in the app, uninstalling it, then removing its permissions from Facebook.
3. Users are ranked/pushed into categories based on how many people swipe right on their profile

Unknowns:

If you have a card in front of you that you know is a match (based on the blurred picture), but you are not interested in, is it better to match with them or swipe left?

Swipe right: points for increased matches, possible points for messaging first,

Swipe left: possible points for passing on someone that swiped right on you - i.e. you are more selective

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop being a degenerate.

Known:
4. New users get a boost to their account score for ~ 2 weeks. It is considered beneficial to remake your account often using the steps outlines in #2.

>Swiping right on everything gets you pushed to the bottom of the pile.
What evidence is this based on?

>muh jews conspiracy

mental health

i hope you get aids

Forget it user, most of nerds in this board gave up on real life, and now are devoted to encryption to hide his degenerated pedophilia. Literal living cancer.

So, can you optimize your profile to have lots ugly fat chicks to swipe left on for points?

Yeah, this.
Back when I was on tinder, /soc/ always had helpful threads, though they never really tried to figure out the algorithm. However, what OP found was also common wisdom in those threads.

Other things I have found from my various experiments:
>you can get shadowbanned
>it appears that they analyse the messages for phone numbers or something. As soon as i managed to get some numbers from some chicks, my match rate increased
>if you manage to keep long conversations, that also seems to be an indicator that you are not a creep that will shy away their females
>the more attractive you are, the more matches you get. You can abuse that by catfishing with some male model pics and your GPS set to somewhere else, and then exchanging the pics back to yourself at your real location. keeps your stats boosted for a few days

But this is all 2015/16 research

what if i used FB and i got banned for posting dickpicks?
new FB ?

>how to be a nigger faggot
1. Use Tinder
2. Use Facebook
3. Use Twitter
???
Profit.

You're now a nigger faggot.

uninstalling and reinstalling favors you for about a week

Knows:
1. Having many attract women, just pretend you have money and success at some field

Unknowns:

1. How do you not know that already?

yes.

>person engaging in casual sex calls others "living cancer"

At this point it seems like less effort to just go outside and meet girls.

5. Sending "hi. I am rich and desperate, but I am much better in person than over text. Do you want to meet?" Gets more responds than you would think.

>Permavirgin incel future church shooter proves that he's a permavirgin incel future church shooter again

original

Yeah, but:
-tinder was really a great training ground to get over my autism when interacting with girls, since I could easily just hind behind my virtual persona, until I could venture out to the real world
-if I do something, I do it properly. Using software without trying to understand how it works? Where's the fun in that?

And some nice numbers to boot.

The best way to make tinder work for you (as a male) is to be very attractive. Otherwise you're far better of meeting girls the conventional way.

Tips and tricks to game the algorithm aren't going to make much of a difference if you're not very (physically) attractive.

This is the future we chose

Knowns: its basically a prostitution service, unless you are top percentile human material, in which case why do you need Tinder to date?

Unknowns: who the fuck is left using it, other than prostitutes and their clients?

>b-but I met my girlfriend on there and she was a virgin

I met my (ex) girlfriend there too, and she asked me to pay her for sex or or less.
You know, telling me it depends what kind of a date I have in mind if I get any, saying she knows a restaurant nearby (expensive) that she'd appreciate visiting and thank me later, etc.
She knew its prostitution. She knew I know its prostitution. She's change the subject when I implied its prostitution. Got tired of dancing and quit her, and quit Tinder.

And no, this wasn't a one time thing, not the date nor the girl.

user, you have some very interesting opinion.

How's your Tinder exp?

>Sup Forums talking about dating, girls, above all things
yeah, this thread is gonna be great

uh oh, jidf at it again.

You okay man?

serious question about distance
lets say I set my range to 20 miles
will it ONLY show me girls who also have their range within mine? or will I b swiping on girls who's range is smaller than mine thus will never see my account?

>Sup Forums
i think you mean /r/g

Tinder's distance works weirdly. They don't look exactly the distance you set. It's always a bit more.

For a while I set it to 5 km since I live in a dense area and wanted someone close by. But I got lots of matches from people até around 35 km from a small town nearby.

Then I set it to 25 km and now it's showing and matching me with people from up to 60 km away.

At least it's cheap to go to those places, but I won't increase it anymore.

>or will I b swiping on girls who's range is smaller than mine thus will never see my account?
Probably.
The whole idea behind the OP and such is that tinder will always show you plenty of girls (if you are in a large city. In small ones it will "run out"), but will not show your face to them.
In your case, they'd have a legitimate reason (though they also should not show them to you), but normally, this is just because you are deemed to ugly or too creepy.
On the other hand, I had a few matches where neither of us knew how the hell we'd get matched, since we are both way out of our set area, so IDUNNO…

i live in a major US city and for the past two days tinder fucked up and was literally showing me rows and rows of BOTS. even if you report them tinder does nothing

you're on tinder every day?

I was being ironic about the virgin gf thing

i go on the app in the evenings after work, you can get through quite a few profiles in a short amount of time.

>exact same argument feminists make
just replace juice with men and non-jews with women

Bots are still a thing?
Thought they'd figured out a way to keep them out.
Used to be that they showed up i nswarms, but really easy to spot.

christ

>when your so inept at getting dates irl that you have to beg a computer program for dates, but it's okay because you know how to make it give you a slightly larger ration than the other users

It's cause their range is higher ya dumb dick

>match dudes for a short period of time
>get back to women
>only good looking ones, and you're on the top of the pile
>???
>profit

how much of a non autist do i have to be to be able to meet with chelsea or chloe

Well, for instance I'm on a telecommunications engineering masters, there are no women around me, only men. So I either check Tinder or never have any interaction with a female.
Maybe it's different for gender studies fags like you.

But why would it show for me if I don't want to see anyone far from me? I thought it was about what you wrote, but it makes no sense if I'm going to swipe left anyway.

is this shit better than okc? i need Sup Forums's advanced wisdom on this.

humans have been managing to mingle and breed for millennia, i'm sure you don't need the electronic jew to hook you up with a slut for a girlfriend

just because your dad was a bum, like his father before him, and you didn't get the wealth passed down to you to go to the best schools, make the best contacts, to get the best jobs.

I bet you voted trump to "drain the swamp" of (((globalists))) and instead he's pushing for a tax cut for the very people you hate, because you aren't them.

you are the very definition of cucked.

>the parents have been managing to find a mate for you for millennia, i'm sure you don't need the concept of love or attraction to get you a wife
Things change, grandpa

Depends on what you're looking for. Where I live (Sydney, AU), if you just want casual sex, Tinder > OKC. If you want a proper relationship, your best bet is to meet grils IRL. Online dating attracts a lot of hoes and weirdos.

>you are the very definition of cucked.
But at least Trump totally showed the chinks who's boss on his asia trip. Damn, what a man! How he stood up to the chinese leader and told him in person about the US new relation (or rather lack thereof) with china.

oh my me, i can never meet females without online dating. doesn't matter where i go, it's all males.

the dumb fuck just probably agreed to open 5 GM plants in china, and the US will subsidise it.

Go back to Sup Forums.

Retard, you don't live on an oil rig here. There are thousands of people around you that you can get to know. This is exactly what I'm saying, your totally inept at real life dating. Odds are online dating will end up in failure for you

the topic at hand is jidf. how did we get to fathers and trump? nice leddit spacing.

Actually all of my dates were really good and most of the time I had sex with the girl.

>nation which was ostracized, genocided and hated through all history
>they REFUSED to die and literally adapted
Compare this to niggers
>just climb a tree and eat bannana

Did you know that jews werent allowed to take classical jobs, so their only choice left was to become hobo or lend money in the past?

Natural selection is a thing. Sometimes i really wonder if /pol posters really believe their memes.

its called a line break you dumb cuck

>i date sluts which makes me cool

that is one tender blow job

>never been on a date outside of online dating, so have nothing to compare it against, so the concept of a "good date" is essentially meaningless
no surprise there, your a betacuck

>posting legit graphs without source
>my argument is solid

don't waste your time

god bless Sup Forums

kys faggot

My source is literally in that picture left down. Thanks for (You)!

Fuck, I really need a blowjob right now.

>friend invited chick from tinder over
>Turned out she was fat
>Told her on the door that his friend is puking in the bathroom
>Gave her 50€ to leave
Kek

>>friend invited chick from tinder over
>>Turned out she was fat
>>Told her on the door that his friend is puking in the bathroom
>>Gave her 50€ to leave
>Kek
Wait, what?
I don't understand.

>friend invited chick from tinder over
>Turned out she was fat
I think I get that. Managed to get a girl to agree for a meeting IRL, but she turns out to be fat. Happens quite often.

>Told her on the door that his friend is puking in the bathroom
>Gave her 50€ to leave
so he made up a lie and then paied her to leave or what?
You either man up and try to harpoon her anyways, or you just end the "date" without paying her, for fucks sake. I'm not one to spout "beta" all the time, but fuck, if that is true, that is fucking "beta".

>women are entitled to dick even when they're fat ugly cunts
>it is one's responsibility to "man up" and give them it
no

That's not what I was saying.
Either you go "a hole's a hole" or you fucking make it clear to her that she's disgusting.
But lying to her and then paying her to go away?
Fuck no.

>laughing about giving someone 50 euro to leave
holy fuck imagine being so scared of someone you pay them to leave

Guess he just wanted to be polite and pay the slut for the time it took her to get to his place

>being polite to a fat person
>being polite to a roastie
>being polite to someone who misled you
no he's just a beta

who cares you numale? I have over 800 matches.

it caps the number at 250 so you'd have no way of knowing that

>implying i compete for females

You have no idea how much success the same pictures get me with males.

Also, females on tinder do not "compete" for males. They compete for male attention. 90% of everybody that chat with you is just checking herself.

females of Sup Forums (or boyz with a feminnine Penis, tehehehe… ;^) ), would you swipe right on me?

>that pic
Men have such low standards, holy shit. No wonder every disgusting whale gets laid easily.

>Not mentioning his fetish for footcheese

Chloe and Chelsa look like the same person, any good facial recognition algorithm will tell you that.

Wow is that a Jewish post.

You don't need to go out of your autistic way, just work out, be handsome and use more non-verbal communication.

ITT: retards unable to escape their genetic programming trying to date 3dpd

Beyond functional utility it would still be interesting to see how it works

OH SHIT I'M SWIPEN
youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

This. Knowing the Tinder algorithm won't get you a qt Aryan wife. There are more men than women in this world and you're just one of those men left without a partner. Fighting against it won't do your mental health any good.

I just meet girls on campus, usually in my CS classes. Those are the wifeable ones.

The graph for men is normal distribution. That's exactly what's expected when dealing with any population of individuals.

The right skewed graph is the bullshit part. Women are extreme cynical.

>for you…

I cured my autism with tinder and now finally, I am the normie I always wanted to be.

>men are about half of the population
>men at most overrepresented by a factor of 2
>this is the same as about 2% of the population dominating banking and media by totally not scheming all the time

It's about a good 50/50 mate, even in country like China where they tend to be more introverted, traditional, and "social skills" isn't nearly as meme'd about, people are still getting laid.

so we remain single? isn't that bad for mental health too?

>inb4:robo waifu
yeah that's not happening before we die

Keep telling yourself that beta.

>average is rated average
such low standards holy shit

It would be nice if mods moved this thread to where it belongs.

Excellent post user
Here's some reddit gold

user, in reality normal distribution is sort of like a forced meme. The reality is that most people are sucky, the normal distribution tends to have its laying more to the left.

Job performance, school grades etc, it's just so that people don't commit suicide or quit the system.