Mozilla

>FOSS emoji
remind me again why Mozilla are bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/twitter/twemoji
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Foss Emoji makes censoring the web for Soros OK.
nope.jpg

Twitter's emoji are also freedoms-respecting (don't use the term "FOSS" if you want to show you stand for freedom) and are much better.

Fuck off if you don't like it you don't have to fucking use it.

Only true foss emojis is Google's.

haha wow this one just gets funnier every time user :)

>Somewhere in the world there exists a lonely, lifeless autistic basement dweller who made this just for this thread
sad

>planned for Firefox OS
The $100m emojiis

is the acronym FOSS proprietary?

The acronym stands for "Free and Open Source Software," and it's meant to be neutral and inclusive to the "open source" community. Use of the term "open source" is problematic for a number of reasons, which I won't get into to prevent derailing this thread with a Stallman-style spergout unless you really want me to.

>doesnt even post google's emojis

yes I agree that open source can be used deceivingly. I like to use FOSS to differentiate from free as in price.

Those are Oreo emojis Pajeet.

I can’t blame you though, loodroid manufacturers don’t know what software updates look like, so you’ll be flashing Rajeshs super speedy completely loo-free rom with power-pooper kernel for years to come.

trying a bit hard there buddy

I want you to. So long as each step of it is relevant why; the term "open source" is an issue and not a political tangent.

They look like shit.

I like Firefox, but this.

>reality is trying hard

Poogle only guarantees two years of updates on its own devices.

The iPhone 5s released in 2013 has iOS 11.

Sorry Andreet.

I'm guessing it's because open source can mean that the source code is available but can be encumbered with some licenses so the free aspect is nullified

I use "freedoms-respecting" for that, and in fact "FOSS" could be harmful to that goal. "Free (as in no cost) and Open Source (as in open source)"
"Open source" is an apolitical and amoral development methodology, and that lack of politics and ethics is a detriment, not a benefit, to the free world. The free software movement is about freedom, and the open source "movement" can only barely be described as one. This is why "open source is good because it makes your product better/more secure/whatever" is worse than "free software is good because our freedom matters."
Open source is unnecessary because you can get the same (or better) results from a different methodology.
Free software is necessary because freedom matters.

Twitter's set is the best.
github.com/twitter/twemoji
I also liked Google's blob-shaped ones.

Can we make a set of open-sourced emo/gee/s? We could finally put the people saying they'll make the logo to work.

When will Sup Forums get emojis?

can they please just spend their time on more important things?

yeah, sure I'll make the logo for the project

:wojak:
:pepe:

*is

Cancer

Who needs fucking emojis jfc, what is this craze with emojis ? I couldnt give less a fuck about them and if they would disappear one day, i wouldnt even notice. How did emojis even get to the category it ? Holy fucking shit just thinking about it makes me angry.

Lmao no friends detected

But they're fun!

it's garbage just like any other fossshit
they all look like babies. emojis aren't supposed to have ears because they add nothing.

>fucking LEMONS

Because they divert resources into coming up with shitty subpar doodles instead of solving the glaring issues with their products

Is that a baby with full lips?

Freetards confirmed for kiddy diddlers

>he doesn't use anime reaction images instead

Those are without a doubt the ugliest set of emoji I've seen. Why do they have ears and bags under their eyes? Those faces are supposed to be abstract

I love these but the grin (2nd) is a travesty

>Not using the smiley with the carat nose.
̇͜>̇

I was always bugged by people who drew ears and noses on their stick figures.

take your laxative grandpa

FREETARDS CAN'T INTO DESIGN! KEK

>literally anything being better than cute racially/sexually/politically ambiguous blobs
Google really fucked up

They look like shit. Most of them look indistinguishable. Everything Mozilla touches turns into feces.