/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

etymotic.com/downloads/dl/file/id/267/product/304/mk_isolator_earphones_info_sheet.pdf
etymotic.com/downloads/dl/file/id/568/product/5/in_ear_earphones_and_headsets_brochure.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

portable stax
phone -> bti-029 -> gamma2 -> srm-x -> sr-007 mk1

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

Poorly sealed MA900s

Holy set up worthy of Jesus himself.

If my fx audio DAC x6 is capable of driving my he500 to a loud volume is there anything to gain sound wise from upgrading to something better like nfb11 or similarly priced unit?
Feels weird using such a cheap source with what used to be an expensive headphone.

>ma900
measures like dogshit

This guy comes crashing to your party and slap's your speakers sub woffer, your reaction?

Lads, should I go for HD598s or 600s if I already own a FiiO E10k?

ALDUIN
FAFNIR
KALESSIN
PUFF

SAPHIRA
SCATHA
THORN
PUFF

Looking for a potential end game headphone
>Budget
$1000-1500

>Location
USA

>Source
PC DAC and amp

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Either

>Comfort level
Yes

>Sound signature
Neutral

>Past headphones
AKG K701Beyerdynamic DT880 from 1980 Pioneer Monitor 10II

I was thinking about the LCD-2 but it like to see what the AKG K1000 is all about that or get a Stax SR-lambda signature as the seem to be around that price range.

I want to lick her feet

post a picture of your headphones with a non-shooped timestamp in the picture to prove your ability to interpret graphs is credible

sell all that shit

Are there any ATHs that matter besides ATH-M50x?
Worst girl.

Is this random pic or shit that you own?

M50X is dick, M40X somewhat less, AIR series ain't bad for a starter detailfag set and the ART cans are pretty nice.

Are Status Audio CB-1 neutral? Good for £45? They are on promotion.

I own the right 3 and tried the three on the left so I could see if it was worth upgrading

So those 3 didn't stick with you? You better quit being a lil faggot and describe what you liked/didn't like about them and your other headphones so people can make suggestions, meanwhile I will go get some booze.

ok who the fuck did this

>being ComfyGrados
>shilling your shitty niche headphones for years on /hpg/
pathetic

>being ComfyGrados
>false flag yourself by claiming everyone else is you

>that matter
No idea what this means. They can all have value depending on your needs

Are the HD 600 good headphones?

Sell everything, buy SHP9500, EQ them, spend the leftovers on booze and hookers.

Idol producer here.
What's your setup like, user?

I prefer my modded T50RP, also costs half as much.

What are the second best headphones behind HD600?

>been through a ton of headphones
>Went to the store today to listen to some new models
>Keep on going back to my M50x

Why are these headphones so comfy? Sure there are lots of more detailed and better headphones but almost none are as easy to listen to and as bang for buck as the m50x.

Cool story, Deztanee.

because they hit that bass + treble itch. try a teak or th-x00, they are similar but much much better

not really.

Stop spamming your setup, its shit.

That bluetooth audio adapter is a huge fucking bottle neck, FFS just hook you STAHX to your phone and play some decent 24 bit...

>That bluetooth audio adapter is a huge fucking bottle neck
hardly, bluetooth devices get a bad rap because they are typically woefully underpowered

>lossy codec
>not a huge fucking bottleneck

Are there any decent clip on headphones. I have deformed ears and can't use IEM, but when running I hate wearing my over ears.

digital volume is also lossy but inaudible. why are your arguments such shit all the time, schizo-user?

One layer of lossy audio = no audible artifacts? OK, I'll buy that. Two layers? Nope. clearly shows lossy audio files being reproduced. Re-encode that already lossy audio to a lossy Bluetooth codec and you get audible artifacts. Unacceptable.

>and you get audible artifacts.
you don't get 'artifacts' from digital, you get a raised noise floor. please learn the basics schizo-user

No they get a bad rap because they are 16bit

i looked yours up, its bluetooth 4.1 the pipe maxes out about 350kbps doing apt-x thats it... only 16 bit for you

your headphone jack can do proper 24bit

you have probably been listening to chiro at a highbitrate and compressing the fuck out of it through that BT adapter.

Pathetic

I'm not him. Also 16 bit 44khz was chosen for a specific reason. the only time 16 bit is bad is when you want to do digital volume control but the bluetooth adapter is being used as a fixed line out so it's not like it would even matter in this case

That's clearly wrong.

What's a good music player for Windows 10?

Any recommendations for a good DAP? I looking for one around the 200-300 price range.

>what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?
zmf atticus

foobar2000

Is it okay to let my mom use my headphones or should I be more protective of them?

>Is it OK to let a woman use my technology?
The answer is always no.

>zmf atticus
lol

yup, that's why I bought them. if you want neutral there's the auteur, but you can't afford that.

I can afford it. Some poorfag with a shit camera and shit gears shouldn't pretend to be rich on an anime image board.

>Some poorfag with a shit camera and shit gears
oh man, that really hurt my feelings
>shouldn't pretend to be rich
stop man, how could you?

I bought HD662 EVO plus recently but I can't use them because they're far too quiet. Even at 100% volume they're too quiet.

I diddled around with the sound properties under 'playback devices' but nothing helped. What should I do?

Get a cheap amp like a FiiO A1.

I don't really want to buy anything else. Is there a way to fix it without buying things?

>Is there a way to fix it without buying things?
you're in the wrong general kiddo

Your soundcard can't output enough power for the headphones. Return it and buy something that's more sensitive. Or get an amp.

Hey /hpg/, I haven't had earbuds since I got RE0s many many years ago. What's the equivalent in value now?

RE400 or HF5.

>2_shit_headphones.jpg
Your taste is terrible as always and lmao at how you keep falling for head fi memes.

Etymotic MK5. Don't get HF5 unless you want to add an 82 ohm adapter to them as they are dark without it.

I knew you would be triggered

>hurr durr everything you have is shit

Why do you even come here if that's all you have to say? Fuck off.

These are good headphones.
These are all shit.

>they are dark without it

can you explain what you mean by this
thanks

>These are good headphones.
Funny because all I see is low fidelity garbage in that picture.

why does this shit always happen i just want a headset so i can hear things on my computer

Thanks anons

Not him but I wouldn't recommend the MK5, the response is not really that great and it's not as smooth as the higher end Etymotics.

etymotic.com/downloads/dl/file/id/267/product/304/mk_isolator_earphones_info_sheet.pdf

The sensitivity is also not very good. I know the MK5 is commonly recommended here but it's one of my least favorite Etymotics.

The HF5 is better.

Not that guy but those headphones you bought have 32 ohms of impedance and SHOULD work with literally anything you plug them into, including the worst soundcard you can possibly buy on any PC in the world.

Try plug them into your phone or even your monitor/tv if it has a headphone jack, they should work just fine even on low-ish volumes

It's definitely a setting on your PC somewhere

Are you plugging it into the front headphone jack or your motherboard?

>The HF5 is better.
With the 82 ohm adapter, yes, it is. Without, not even close. It's dark as shit.

HD600 or HD650
Also should I buy now or just wait for black friday/cyber monday

It's dark but it has a smoother frequency response. As you can see in my previous post, the MK5 is rough around the edges past 1kHz and even Etymotic's own measurements confirm this.

Neutrality isn't the only goal. An IEM should be listenable, and the HF5 in stock form wins for sensitivity and a smooth frequency response. The impedance adapter is a further bonus.

>but it has a smoother frequency response.
Ooh big fucking deal a 3 dB spike. Its tonality is far more correct. Look at this shit. This is fucking terrible m8. No fucking treble.

Sennheiser isn't enforcing their minimum advertising price as strictly as they used to. I don't think the HD600 or HD650 will go on sale for BF/CM. I remembered the HD650 going on sale once for BF/CM but that's when it was sold for $500.

As for deciding between the two. HD600 is more neutral, HD650 is warmer and is preferable for less than ideal recordings. If you are proficient with EQ it won't really matter much since you can alter the signature of both headphones.

HD600, wait for BF/CM. HD600 is balanced, HD650 is veiled.

I'm going to pair them with a tube just to trigger you more

Dark = no treble.

Yeah, it's more tonally correct. But again, three points in the HF5's favor:

Can be modded with a resistor.
Smoother FR.
Better sensitivity.

Good retard, waste your money to buy shit to trigger another retard on an anime image board.

>Yeah, it's more tonally correct.
Tonality is at least 90% of perceived fidelity.
HF5 with 82 ohm adapter > MK5 > HF5 without 82 ohm adapter
MK5 can be driven to adequate volume by an average phone. Sensitivity is not an issue.

So if I have a budget of $100 and don't want to have to bother with an ohm adapter or anything, what's my best option?

HF5.

MK5. HF5 has no treble without the adapter, as shown by

mk5

I think so, it's got a picture of headphones on it.

What could it be?

HF5, it's tuned to be identical to the ER-4P.

It's not dark.

MK5

ER-4P is dark you retard.

This.

etymotic.com/downloads/dl/file/id/568/product/5/in_ear_earphones_and_headsets_brochure.pdf

Etymotic themselves claimed that it emulates their higher end ER4.

prob hf5
or
[spoiler]1more triple drivers[/spoiler]

Plug the headphones into the back of your PCs motherboard, the green socket.

obviously mk5

The MK5's response is not very smooth in comparison.

MK5
You are correct that HF5 is tuned to ER-4P, but ER-4P also has no treble. Pic related.

Not to mention it's a low end Etymotic where driver yields aren't as mature as the BA used in the HF series. Driver matching could be better.