/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Look it up first
startpage.com

Here's my question:
What should I look for when shopping for powerline adapters?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Sup
adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?hl=en
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
amazon.com/TP-Link-Powerline-Adapter-Starter-TL-PA2010KIT/dp/B00AWRUIY4/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1510273614&sr=1-4&keywords=powerline
amazon.com/Zyxel-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00D7GF6NA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510273730&sr=1-3&keywords=powerline av2&dpID=41UBK2HgIXL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
rbt.asia/g/search/filename/experiment with/
rbt.asia/g/search/filename/computer related autism/
amazon.com/Actiontec-Ethernet-Adapter-Service-ECB2500C/dp/B008C1JC4O
tp-link.com.au/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR941HP.html
amazon.ca/dp/B013I2XCGK/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-all-in-one-printer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, someone in the other thread gave me a link to a guide with a couple powerline adapters, but they were a bit too expensive for me. I want to spend under $60 if possible.

How do I do this:

Would it be considered safe to plug a monitor and gaming pc into the same surge protector/outlet? It already has cheap desktop speakers plugged in and I don't want to fuck my house up if I can avoid it

How different are macbooks to a standard laptop when it comes to cleaning them? (Removing dust from fans and changing paste).

if your neighbor is radio HAM he will find you and come over and kill you in your sleep

t. ham

4-chan X stopped working for me so I installed Appchan X, but that isn't working either. I'm using Waterfox on Wangblows 10 LGBT, if that's important.

How do I use /f/ on Chrome? Whenever I click a link it downloads the .swf file and warns instead of opening it, even though I've allowed all Flash content on Sup Forums.

Fuck, just realized the logo of Scattle is just a power adapter.

use firefox

Flash is being phased out. Even Adobe is no longer supporting it. Getting flash to run will be more and more difficult as time goes on.

What userscript plugin are you using? Do you have any other plugins enabled?

Click where it says instead of the filename and it should open in chrome

Violentmonkey, my only other add-on is Ublock Origin. It was working until a few days ago.

Buy new ones that follow the AV2 standard. Before you buy them, check how the power lines are laid out in your apartment or house.If the two rooms you want to connect are on the same phase you will get good speeds. If they're not then you're much better of using cat6 or setting up another AP.

Appchan X isn't being developed anymore. Most current build of Sup Forums X is the one ccd0 is currently maintaining: github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x

As far as I know, violentmonkey had some issues in the past with Sup Forums X, but it should work fine with tampermonkey and the latest build of greasemonkey.

Yup that's a problem with the newest version of Violentmonkey. Just use Greasemonkey now that it has Webextension support.

Firefox gives me weird behavior on certain important sites, I just can't use it because of the inconvenience.

I know

Can't find that option on the /f/ page I'm afraid.

>greasemonkey has webextenson support
Didn't hear about this, thanks!

How can I tell if they're on the same phase or not? I'm not much of an electrician.

do or download the projector from here
adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

I've moved from Waterfox to Firefox Nightly, is there any way to move all my history, cookies, logins, etc. over?

move the profile
also >nightly

Can anyone please remind me the model of this HP Monitor?

Funny, those Embeds don't show up for me. Maybe it's my 4chanx. I'll have to check that out.

I downloaded the projector earlier, yeah. Would just be nice to also play stuff in Chrome.

Thanks

I have a rMBP and I have never heard the fan go on (though I never played games on it or rendered video). I think they hold up well against dust. I wouldn't try to change the paste tho.

How do I go about dual-booting?
I have my primary os on a 1 terabyte ssd, and I want to put my secondary os on a 500gb ssd I have laying around.
I use a hard-drive for Mass-storage how do I make said drive accessible to both OSs?.
Main os is win7 secondary one some flavor of Linux.

I dunno but that guy seems pretty happy with it:)

I rebooted an ESXi 6.5 server and it booted up as the older 5.5, what the fuck happened and how do I get 6.5 back.

tried this?
support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?hl=en

Cont from last thread:
2.4GHz or Bluetooth for a wireless keyboard and mouse?
>125 (BT) vs 1000Hz (2.4) update frequency
Will I notice a difference between the retreat rates in general office usage?

Follow-up: any recommendations for a wireless mechanical keyboard? I prefer cherry browns

My SoundMagic E10s of three years are starting to fall apart so I wanna replace em. Is there a better alternative for the same price or is it best to just buy a new pair?

>move the profile
How? Also, what's wrong with Nightly? I alrady opted out of surveys, telemetry, crash reports, and "block deceptive content"

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

there's a directory in your pc with your firefox profile (all your setting, extensions, history, etc.).
it's somewhere in your %appdata%.
quick googling says your waterfox profile in windows is in %APPDATA%\Waterfox\Profile
move it to %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
then win+R, run "firefox.exe -profilemanager" and choose your default profile
>what's wrong with Nightly?
considering how often mozilla breaks stuff i prefer to use esr

Can somebody tell me how to set this up as a server? I'm trying to get it to run on my headless Linux box but apparently that isn't possible?

You might not want to bother getting a super high speed adapter as it may be slower due to your house wiring. My powerline adapters are on different phases so I only get around 60mbps instead of the 250 max but thats fine for my internet connection.

This doesn't seem to move my browsing history or cookies though.

The profile folder has everything user added including addons, cookies, history, etc.

How can I tell if the rooms are in different phases or not?

>What information is stored in my profile?
>*Bookmarks, Downloads and Browsing History:
>*Cookies:

All right then, now I have a different problem. I copied the profile to the Profiles folder in Nightly (where the similarly-named file was) but the profile manager doesn't pick it up.

Honestly I can survive losing cookies, it's just the sadpanda cookie that I don't want to bother redoing, but that doesn't take long. Does it include usernames and passwords though?

maybe nightly has another executable? nightly.exe?
>it's just the sadpanda cookie that I don't want to bother redoing
just login to e-hentai before going to sadpanda, how hard can it be
>Does it include usernames and passwords though?
see

Short one, if it switches the power off in both rooms your g

>see
The post where you said cookies were kept?

Does anyone have the pic like pic related but for linux?

_I_ didn't say, there's two of us, but
>The profile folder has everything user added
he also posted a link which explains everything that is contained in your profile
>support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

Ok I'll try that later
Why does this adapter not cost as much as a lot of the other ones? Is it not AV2?
amazon.com/TP-Link-Powerline-Adapter-Starter-TL-PA2010KIT/dp/B00AWRUIY4/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1510273614&sr=1-4&keywords=powerline

Also this one says it's AV2 but it's pretty decent price as well. Is it good enough?
amazon.com/Zyxel-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00D7GF6NA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510273730&sr=1-3&keywords=powerline av2&dpID=41UBK2HgIXL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

No, it's definitely firefox.exe. I tried just making a new profile and pasting the Waterfox profile data in there and nothing. Should I just install a non-FF browser and use the built in import function, then import from that to Nightly?

Who knows, power line adapters have odd specs

rbt.asia/g/search/filename/experiment with/
-> rbt.asia/g/search/filename/computer related autism/

Can you show me what's inside %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

aaaaaaaaaaa but how do I know which one I should buy?

Av600 seems popular, just get it

Are you sure

I might get this instead of a powerline

amazon.com/Actiontec-Ethernet-Adapter-Service-ECB2500C/dp/B008C1JC4O

how do I make my titlebar look like this in windows

Yes. Used to be av500 but they upped it.

That's windows 8

Never mind, Just redid everything and reinstalled and it worked. Thanks for the help!

is there a mod or something to make it look like that in 10?

the brightness of my screen changes depending on what image is displayed, white produces high and black images are dimmed automatically, with the brightness always showing 100%.

It's driving me fucking insane because every time I zoom out on PS the UI causes the screen to dim and it fucks up the colours
disabled it in regedit (SOFTWARE/Intel/Display/igfxcui/profiles), Intel Graphics Settings, and Power Settings. Nothing worked. Lenovo laptop (Yoga 720)

Good alternative to google backup and sync?

Are there any ones that are even cheaper than that AV600 one but just as good?

A theme maybe.

The av600 is already cheap. Power line adapters are shit anyway, they're finicky even in expected environmens

Ok. Yeah powerline is the only option for me right now.

You can't use a high gain router?

Uh what's that?

Can someone spoofeed me on how do to block certain tripfags using 4chanx?

I don't know how to use this thing

Google is so hard you moron

tp-link.com.au/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR941HP.html

Look at your breaker, it's usually a switch per phase so if one switch turns off both your computer and router they are on the same phase and should get better speeds.

I have single channel ddr4 8gb RAM
If i buy another one will it make it dual-channel?

So would this actually be faster than a powerline adapter of the same price for a computer 2 floors above the router?

There's almost no chance of it working in a 3 story house.

Is this good enough for home use?
amazon.ca/dp/B013I2XCGK/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

It will be mostly used for scan/copy.
Anny alternatives I should be looking into?

No chance of the router working or the powerline?

The router yes, power line no

I just use the drop-down arrow and go from there

Is a Cat5e cable strong enough to hang myself with? I'm 100kg.

thank you user

lrn2google
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-all-in-one-printer/

Wait are you saying yes, there is no chance with the router or yes there is a chance with the router

I have a spreadsheet where I track a number of items with specific dates on which they occurred. I have multiple sheets for specific types of items.

What I'd like to do is have a separate 'dashboard' sheet where I can view something akin to a "kill feed" from a video game. In other words, I want to be able to automatically search through each other sheet and gather let's say the 5 most recent items and then display them on the dashboard.

How would I even go about doing something like that?

What happened to the OLED technology and newer display technologies overall to take over LCDs? There's like nothing promising in the horizon anymore for monitor technology, at least that's what it seems. How boring.

>still using iPhone 4S in 2017 the year of our Lord
I want an upgrade, would really prefer if it was Android/something I could custom flash

>good camera
>doesn't lag
>snappy

that's about all I need out of it, I don't use social media

Im going to repaste a mackbook pro, anything i should know before doing it?

galaxy s8

also need it to be cheap, under $200 if that's possible

Galaxy s4

When would I ever want a database server to be open to the public (i.e. it would show up on a port scanner from outside the network)?
I've noticed there's lots of websites out there with open mysql ports and am perplexed by that.
I thought about 5 scenarios and most of them don't make sense
>give access to the database to the end-user
But the user should only indirectly access the database through applications (e.g. website)
>give access to the database to the sys admin
But the sys admin will probably ssh into the server anyway, and can then use a terminal based client for the database
>the sys admin doesn't want to use a terminal based client
But the sys admin can use a GUI that runs on the application, e.g. a web-based database client like phpmyadmin
>the sys admin is dumb and didn't change the default configurations
But i installed mysql as a test, and it isn't open by default. Although postgresql was, when i installed that one.
>it's a honeypot
A valid possibility for some servers, but i doubt this is the case for the majority

So what am i missing

I like the screen and the price, but is 2GB of RAM going to be enough? The 4S has 512MB and it's pretty slow, would this make a difference?

You're going to have to settle on things due to your limited price range(why dont you just save up more and buy a better phone?)

I bought a secondhanded s4 for my mom and i gotta say the camera works really well. Nice pictures and good quality videos.

If I get a 4k screen laptop vs a shitty screen laptop...
Would the 4k use more battery, cause more heat, use more resources (performance wise)?

What do you think?

What does this mean, why has nothing happened since?

They aren't different. But you can't repaste it, that's retarded.

have you looked for a new one? you will need it.

Why?

Yes, the GPU has to draw more pixels on the screen.