Is RMS a hispter?

>Music genres I often like include some Spanish folk music (but not Flamenco), Latvian folk music, Swedish folk fiddling, Moroccan traditional music, Soukous, Balkan folk dance music, Turkish folk dance music, Turkish classical music, Armenian folk dance music, Georgian choral music, Indian classical music (I tend to enjoy Carnatic more than Hindustani), Javanese and Balinese gamelan music, Vietnamese traditional music, Japanese court music (Gagaku), Japanese folk dance music (Minyo), Andean folk music (except when the words are in Spanish and about romantic rejection), and traditional US folk music when it is lively.

>I like European art music, but I have less appetite for it than I had a few decades ago.

>I like polyphonic music from medieval times. Especially from the 1200's, with hocket. However, Gregorian chant has insufficient complexity to engage me.

>I don't appreciate jazz much, perhaps because I never learned enough about it. However, I like some fusions that include jazz. For instance, Bulgarian wedding music (a fusion of jazz and Bulgarian folk music) and Latin jazz.

>If something is popular in the US, I usually find it boring, but there are occasional exceptions. I liked much of what I used to hear on the radio before the Beatles. Around 1980 there was another period in which I heard on other people's radios a considerable amount of music I liked.

>When a foreign musical style starts becoming popular in the US, it usually develops in a direction I don't like. For instance, I love Bulgarian folk dance music but I am bored by the Bulgarian women's chorus that became a big hit in the US in the 80s. Youssou nDour's music was exciting in the 80s, but then he started making records for US and European tastes and the spark disappeared.

no, he just likes music that isn't as well known

Not hipster, patrician

His taste in music is exquisite.

that's patrician taste.

He's not a hipster, he's just notices that the US ruins most media it touches.

>except when the words are in Spanish and about romantic rejection
He only likes music he cannot understand.

Nah he actually has pretty good taste. Hipsters just listen to garbage on pitchfork or something.

>Spanish folk music (but not Flamenco)
>Latvian folk music
>Swedish folk fiddling
>Armenian folk dance music
>Andean folk music
>I don't appreciate jazz much
>Bulgarian wedding music

Absolutely pleb

All I see is good taste right there.

How does this dude pay for groceries? Is he wealthy?

>Andean folk music (except when the words are in Spanish and about romantic rejection)

As a South American, this made me laugh so hard. Most of our Andean folk songs, specially the ones with words in Spanish, are about romantic rejection. It's just awful and cringeworthy. Instrumental Andean music is pretty chill, though.

patrician

gibs from freetards
overpriced outdated "libre" hardware

>listening to music from obscure 3rd world countries
Do people actually do this?

nah he's right. As soon as something becomes mainstream, 95 times out of 100 it starts catering to the lowest common denominator/ starts pumping out shit for shekels because it knows it's famous enough that people will buy it anyway.

>>I don't appreciate jazz much
that's how you know he's got patrician taste. only losers with fedoras claim to like jazz

some jazz is nice to listen to

he gets money from giving talks about gnu/linux

>I don't appreciate jazz much

Fucking racist.

>Balkan folk dance music
Oh god no

Why, saint iGNUcious?

He is THE hipster.