Only time you would use frontaudio is for a headset

>only time you would use frontaudio is for a headset
>headsets sometimes/often include a microphone
>instead of a combo jack we'll put seperate inputs, as if you're going to plug an individual mic into the front

why?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B012N9ML7U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*outputs, my bad

Those front ports always suck shit anyway, they're unshielded and noisy as fuck.

>>headsets sometimes/often include a microphone
no shit m8, they aren't headsets without one

I don't understand why case designers are still throwing them on there, in my experience the USB ports are unreliable also. Power, and maybe reset, are the only button I want.

>being that cringy 14 year old that uses a shitty gamertard headset instead of a quality pair of headphones and a dedicated microphone

why?

At 14 years old you don't have much money and haven't spent the greater past of the last decade on Sup Forums growing bitter and resentful as you watch the prime of your life being pissed away.

>tfw I have that case and have my headset plugged into the front(top)

I have never had problems with the front USB ports.

But yeah, I don't even connect front audio.

my soundcard is too old to have an hdaudio connector on it, so i plug my headphones in the back

i've never heard of a combo headset using 3.5mm outside of call centers
gaymurs use usb now

Probably wants to use the earphones that came with his phone (I do this on my laptop actually).

Part of the problem is that there are competing standards for how you wire up those combo jacks, so unless they formalize a standard you could get a headset that doesn't work properly in your jack.

i find the case's headphone jack always staticy

Never, unless using usb dac

I have that case. It's pretty good.

the psu cover it's shite, it's a pain to take out and it doesn't cover the whole bottom, my hdd cage can be seen

Yeah I have to agree on that part

last time i had a headset, it came with separate mic and headphone jacks
table mic masterrace since 2009, come into the light user

Whoops ;-)

My Logitech headset has separate jacks for mic and audio

It's got to do with the tooling cycles for cases. 3.5 mm TRRS (stereo-plus-mic) sockets became popular with smartphones not very long ago.

Case manufacturing is done with the same standard tooling for many years, it's rarely updated. If a case manufacturer decides to do stereo-plus-mic jacks today then you'll see them on the market in 3-4 years.

of course there's headsets without one, the vast majority of my headsets and earbuds don't have a microphone. This applies to the vast number of people above 12. No headsets sold in the 80s or 90s had a microphone, why would they when people primarily used them for walkmans and things like that?

I do want USB ports on the front of the case, that's pretty essential. I do agree that most cases have cheap garbage ports there, I would simply prefer to have good higher quality ports that don't break after plugging in and unplugging something 10 times over ditching them.

They make adapters for this...

amazon.com/gp/product/B012N9ML7U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use one on my Gigabyte AB350M with cheap KZ ATE ear buds and it works perfectly. No static and I've been told the mic sounds just as good as a quality USB headset.

>he doesn't buy Lian-Li cases

well your own fault really.

Forgot to mention my case is a cheap Corsair Carbide 88R.

I actually use mine since my motherboard's jack borked.

Clip-on mics look really awkward, and a USB interface means I don't have to worry about DAC quality/volume/etc. I like having virtual 7.1 available too (it sounds fantastic in games).

Can you convince me why I should use separate devices instead?

My screen's audio bar has the same.

I don't even use the microphone bit but my headphones happen to include one. (technically they were meant for Android phones).
But I still need an adapter cable like because the audio is fucked up if you use an Android headset on a standard audio only headphone jack. - I'm wondering if the same is true for iPhone headsets?