A lot of Americans tend to forget this

A lot of Americans tend to forget this.

Mexico lost, get over it.

The people living in those yellow areas, encluding the ethnically mexican ones, actively rebelled against mexico.

In fact the current mexico of today actively rebelled against mexico.

Both california and texas were sovereign entities for a time before joining the union. Those states have more claim to self-governance outside of the union than modern day mexico has claim to them.

>LOUISIANA y OREGÓN SON MEXICANOS

Go away, Costa Pobre.

>1794
>original map of "Mexico"

Ie, empty claims by the Spanish empire

A lot of people tend to forget this

The california republic was never more than a small rebellion and both Texas and california were legally Mexican under US law, as congress had ratified a treaty of friendship with Mexico. They were no more independent than the CSA... Having said that no actual Mexicans support any other borders than what we have today, that's a Chicano thing

You really are too obsessed with hating mexico man

Above me are a bunch of loud, arrogant, ignorant, United Statians posting shit :D

CHI

C-C-Combo breaker

Make Mexico Spain Again

I think the whole "Mexico" thing is stupid. "Mexico" is an invention of Spain, a colonizer/imperialist. Most Mexicans don't identify as Mexican they identify simply as Latino.

But here is the real thing. Most Mexicans are part Native American. They were here before Spain, they were here before England, they were here before France.

We already have a deal with Canadian Natives that they can cross the border freely.

Why aren't Mexican natives given the same courtesy?

el chicANO

>Most Mexicans don't identify as Mexican they identify simply as Latino.

You sure?

And you tend to forget this

Not 100% sure, no. But most colonial nations in Africa/Latin America, and yes even USA aren't nations the same way as European nations are.

In all fairness most mestizos will self identify as Mexican if you ask them what their ethnicity/rate is, so will most whites and native Americans as well... "Mexico" is the current iteration of New Spain and Spanish culture in North America, largely influenced by the Nahua (Aztecs) it isn't an invention in the sense it's not only become a real national culture but it's got as many concrete elements (music, literature, cuisine, traditions, etc) as countries/cultures such as Japan which is ethnically homogenous.

Also, virtually no one lived in the former parts of Mexico that burgers took over

Mexico begged murikans to farm their lands because they didn't have the resources to themselves

In your dreams, spicano.

weren't those borders established by spain through bloodshed

what's the problem with us taking them with that in mind

Fair enough, I concede. But I do think that mestizos and Native Mexicans should be given the same rights we give to Native Canadians. It seems there is a big double standard in our laws. Some Americans just see Mexican culture as a threat to ours and people like Trump are fanning the flames.

A lot of Euros tend to forget this.
>MAKE EUROPE GERMANY AGAIN

It was a war of conquest, you didn't "give" half the country back out of kindness but because you were unwilling to assimilate such a large population, nevermind occupation would have been extremely costly.

Mexico begged no one to farm lands, protestant settlers had been accepted on the premise they would become Mexicans which they vowed to do. We can go back and forth on whether they were justified in rejecting Santa Anna's regime, but the fact remains they did in fact become traitors going back on their pledges. A far different scenario would have been if they had fought to reform Mexico.

As for the empty lands argument that has no legal standing, we might as well ask to have territories that are populated by Mexicans in the US today under that logic...Nevermind there were Mexicans, and they were trying to build a life for themselves...

>Being this mad over events that happened hundreds of years ago
Get over it Pablo. The land is, has been, and will continue to be American no matter how much you bitch on the internet.

Its going to be unbearable come November when Trump loses and stupid spics like the one in OP's picture feel empowered . At least I don't live near the majority of them.

We took what we wanted and it felt good.

OP BTFO

It would be nice but that's politically unfeasible, as the overwhelming majority of Mexicans are de facto native American or some degree of mestizo it would basically mean freedom of transit for the whole country and putting US customs in the awkward position of having to figure out who's white enough to be discriminated against (roughly 1 in 6 mexicans). Tbqh I'd just be happy with friendly relations and a streamlined visa process, any chance of free movement between our countries, and I would like to make it clear Mexico does not ask Americans for a visa or even a passport (they do need one to go back into their own country), has been put back for at least a full generation.

In the long run this isn't good for Mexico, free movements of peoples would in decades overwhelm our country and turn us, culturally and financially, into part of the United States. We certainly don't want that any more than most Americans today do, there's simply key values (eg our foreign policy is strictly pacifist) that we don't share.

>1794
>Mexico
>These strangers call themselves Mexican
>mfw

If you look at my first post you'll see I'm not arguing for getting the land back at all. It's yours for eternity, just setting the record straight.

Shitholes, shitholes everywhere.

And like 20 years before this it belonged to Spain, who stole it from native Americans

Independence from Spain
• Declared September 16, 1810
• Consummated September 27, 1821
• Recognized December 28, 1836

??? 1794 ???
you're going with 1794 ???

Shut the FUCK up Amerifat. As a proud Mexican I will not allow any racism in this board

America should be destroyed

>America should be destroyed

Yea but america destroyed you already

Zitto animale

Mexicans are the native Americans... And new Spain was the same thing as mexico, it just stopped being ruled from Europe, the people and the culture remained the same.

Can i get a spot in switzerland for the habbening? I know how to ski and can speak french.

That's the thing though family.

Imagine a nation, right. Imagine a nation that never really has a large empire, and slowly gets by until the modern day. Where they find themselves a nation of reasonable quality.

Alternatively, imagine an incredibly powerful empire spanning multiple continents for centuries. Imagine something that powerful ending up as nothing but third world shitholes in the modern day.

The latter is ludicrously more embarrassing than the former.

Trump is really just an excuse for everyone to vent their grievances with America.

The whole Mexican pride thing is pretty stupid, because both Mexico and the US are settler-colonial states whose territorial claims rarely reflected the actual reality of power. While America "owned" the West since the early 19th century, we were battling Native American factions for really the entirety of that century. Mexican control of what's now called the West was even more tensile, with Native bands actually dominating many of the isolated Spanish-speaking villages and missions.

I'd bet money that the percentage of Mexicans in California today is higher than the percentage of Mexicans there in 1845, because the vast majority of that territory was occupied by semi-nomadic Native groups.

You can sleep on my couch if i get access to your boipucci :3

vent their inferiority complex*

ill brave the razor wire and man made rock slides

We gave it back because racecucks didn't want half-Native folks living under US rule

The record was already straight. You're just bitching about it because butthurt.

There is such a thing as "Too much land".

Can you guys like, annex Baja? We don't even want to be part of Mexico desu.

Nothing compares to the shitholes that were left behind by France.

Depends, some may prefer 1 day as a lion over 100 years as sheep

*Belgium

As long as he loses, that's an acceptable side effect.

Africa is third world shitholes, Lat Am is for the most part the middle class of the world, even with the cartels and the obesity epidemic mexico gets a good 6 years of life expectancy over Russia, a better HDI than China and looks like a developed country when compared to India.

You're right up to a point, there's a key difference however in that the system of misiones sought to actually improve the lives of native Americans, even if Christianizing them may be considered a negative today. The weaker and sedentary tribes got to become Mexicans themselves, they gained access to Western technolofy/culture/tools. Mexican forts in the Southwest worked much like medieval castles offering the simple people in the pueblos protection against the raids of hostile tribes like the Aopache and Comanche who largely made a living pillaging and stealing.

Americans on the other hands built their forts more as advanced outposts meant to protect key areas/interests but not necessarily comitted to helping out the locals, least of all natives who they never really asimilated. While I'm not claiming Mexicans were good guys nor that Americans were villanous, the reality is those natives who chose Mexico have a country of their own today in which they're a part of mainstream culture, whose living standards are steadily, if slowly, rising and which is slated to become one of the world's most relevant economic powers in the coming decades. Those in the US side got firewater, reservations and living conditions in some cases aproaching those of Africa. Does Mexico have failures? yes, more than a few and some disastrous, but there's also legit reasons for pride.

Oh for sure. That's certainly the right attitude. It's that the descendants of the Lion have become sheep. Imagine how the Lion would feel about his legacy were he alive still.

You seem educated. Why aren't you in the US yet?

Pffffft beaners rarely entered the west anyway because they were too chicken shit to deal with the injuns and their scalpings

Why would you give up a cushy life as the upper class of a cunt and switch it out for a low-middle class slot?

what do the captions say in each cartoon?

There's an image that translated them, it depicts colonial attitudes of the Germans(I think, hardest to read), English, French and Belgians respectively.

>why aren't you in the US

Headline: colonial powers
Descriptions: "Thats how [...] colonise"
Germans (top), English (middle), Frensh (left bottom), Belgium (right bottom)

>Via 9gag
>errtiem

kek the memes are real

>ordnung

I swear to fucking god if I see this one more time

the border did not cross any mexicans living in the us. mexicans here don't descend from mexicans living in the northern frontier deserts of california nevada utah etc before the 1840s, they descend from immigration in the late 1900s and early 2000s up till now.
besides that, the majority of mexicans in the ceded territories were not mestizos but mostly-white criollos.

if some cosmic mishap occured and suddenly a chicano nation state was established in so-called aztlan, its founding idea of "we were here first" would be based on a lie. or maybe you wanna use the "we have more native blood so therefore we have a stronger claim to the area than you". first off that's bullshit because mexicans are descended from southern-living-natives, as in not pueblo etc (who actually did live in the area). secondly claiming an ethnic right to something is literally racist, not even in a meme sense.

>the percentage of Mexicans in California today is higher than the percentage of Mexicans there in 1845

well yeah no shit.

> Ordnung muss sein
Some times I thank god, some times I curse, that we have not that much Ordnung.

Percentage, not number.

Many people assume Mexican California had similar demographics to modern-day Northern Mexico, but neither Mexican nor American Western territories were truly settled in the 1840s.

Triggered

I can't tell if you're a chicano playing some sort of weird faux-stupid/innocent game or you're the pastiest motherfucker in your gender studies class

yeah, percentage. I'm agreeing with you it was empty as shit except for natives

This really made me this

what did he mean by this

that bit of evergreen is already ordnung
fractals

This picture also imlies that Mexico should take back all of central america. Either way, fuck off.

What did this qt mean by this?

Fun fact:

Y'all'd've is a word frequently used in Texas.

>think the whole "Mexico" thing is stupid. "Mexico" is an invention of Spain, a colonizer/imperialist. Most Mexicans don't identify as Mexican they identify simply as Latino.

No, Spic-Americans identify as Latino. In reality, Mexicans could not give a shit about other Latin Americans, just as other Latin Americans don't care about each other.

Exactly as it reads.

What fuck you are doing? I like to be the unique brazilian shitposting in the morning.

Remember the Golden Rule.

only countries which never had an Austrian monarch are allowed to post in this thread

alot of europeans /people in general tend to forget this desu

Nah. Mexicans are too mixed, thier country is run by whites, they speak a white language, and have European architecture, and belong to a Roman church.

Nope not native American

>Stole

great word to avoid saying conquest right my ladyboy friend

> Austriae EstImperare Orbi Universo

Fact:
The Spanish parts of modern-day United States were sparsely populated. Not even the Native population was that high by that time.
Spanish Texas actually had more Americans and European immigrants by way of the USA than Spaniards or Mexicans. None of the latter wanted to settle there, so the Mexican government actually enticed Americans called Empresarios to immigrate there.

The idea of Mexicans being the "rightful owners" of the West Coast is a fucking La Raza meme. They never settled there. Their ancestors never settled there. They weren't doing shit with the land when they had it to the point where they had to bring in Americans to farm it.

A lot of u r gays tend to forget this.
>tfw only territory we ever lost is right there
>mocking us with legal weed

hello lad!

Russian Empire helped to USA gain it's independence from UK.
That is historical fakt.

We are both, the current president of Mexico is a mestizo and so is the secretary of the interior (most powerful cabinet position) who has some Chinese ancestry in fact, our architecture uniquely incorporates native American motifs and methods (the use of tezontle for instance) our Catholic church is strongly syncretic (day of the dead, Mary taking on the iconography of the goddess Tonantzin, etc) and Mexican Spanish borrows from Nahuatl... I added a couple of girls, to my Mexican chart...

It was not inhabited and population density has no bearing on the legality issue as far as the US is concerned given Mexican territory was formally recognized in signed treaty by the US... Again, we don't want any territory back, that's La Raza bs...

To be fair, even most Mexicans don't care about other Mexicans, otherwise we would't have a drug war going on

Why are white americans so fucking racist. I honestly feel sorry fir the minoritis living in usa

Mexico defied the US to remain the only Lat Am country who never broke relations with Communist Cuba during the cold war era, we welcome the refugee of South American dictatorships and have aided Central Americans when their countries have been devastated by natural disasters, what do you expect caring means for a country that's not exactly wealthy like ours? At least we never tried exporting our revolution/agendas like Cuba or Venezuela...

And beside, in all fairness, it's South America who's been quick to turn their backs on us when we needed interantional support, eg the swine flu scare, funny enough it was the US and Spain who remained true friends through that...

she is qt but is chicana and i hate chicanos because they hate us.

What is La Raza?

second this.

History.

Shinzo Abe is that you?

That sign is shopped

Political advocacy group for shit tier Chicanos. they can get pretty extreme, eg anti-white even if most mexicans are in some degree European descent, and have hijacked a Mexican intellectual's writings, Vasconcelos, despite not understanding what he meant. La raza comes from that, a reference to la raza de bronze, which is how Mexicans view themselves, but they've turned that into supremacist type thought even though Vasconcelos, himself a criollo, argued Mexicans could peacefully start the cosmic race (eg mix all peoples of the world and their cultures). People in Mexico generally just accept the bronze race concept without supremacism or wanting to take it further.