Boogeymen

What is the name of the creature/monster/spirit parents in your country use to scare kids who don't want to sleep, eat, etc.?

Any particular characteristic that makes the monster even more scary?

Le Croque-Mitaine.

L'uomo nero.
So basically niggers

Parents dont do that here as far as im aware.
>"Daddy I can't sleep"
>"Well you better or a monster will fucking kill you good night"

here's a depiction of the bunyip though, an Australia mythological monster

In our case (And I guess in most Hispanic countries) we have El Cuco.

He is scary because if you don't do what you're told, he's gonna kidnap you and eat you at night.

Bölimann

is that one of those aboriginal weird creatures?

how so?

Frenchman

El Cucko :DDDDDDDDDDDD

nah they mostly just look like monkeys holding cans of petrol

how can the fronch be scary?

Little children! / For nothing in the world / Do not go to Africa / Do not go to Africa for a walk! // In Africa, there are sharks, / In Africa, there are gorillas, / In Africa, there are large / Evil crocodiles / They will bite you, / Beat and offend you - // Don't you go, children, / to Africa for a walk / In Africa, there is a robber, / In Africa, there is a villain, / In Africa, there is terrible / Bahr-mah-ley! // He runs about Africa / And eats children - / Nasty, vicious, greedy Barmaley!

Baba yaga

Oh boy, you've NO idea...

Lumpakrämaren.

I think it's more or less the same thing as Boogeyman, often he's called Babau. The litteral translation means "black man".

In Naples and southern Italy, there is also the Mammone which is often used, and I think it's a creature somehow related to Satan

Bauka. Sometimes my parents also threatened that I would be taken by gypsies.

The only thing about bauka is that it supposedly lives in the dark.

So this is the reason why german colonial empire was so pathetic ?

>kids can't sleep
>"Yeah, I'd better frighten them. That'll help put them to sleep."
So that's how parents do in other countries.

We're very cruel, you know.

wew

I thought mammone was what they ca;;ed peop;e that still lived with their mothers at 30yrs old.

Some parents here do that. They said that the gypisies would kidnap you and sell you to the monsters.

but that was hundreds of years ago!

Parenting can be stupid like that sometimes.

El coco*

>I thought mammone was what they ca;;ed peop;e that still lived with their mothers at 30yrs old.

Also

Näkki, who dwells in wells and other watery places.
Mörkö, any spoopy creature, not just the moomin spook

El coco which is basically this And it used to be El ropavejero (the rag-and-bone man). He would take you with him if you were a bad kid.

Look at this guy. AND TELL ME YOU'RE NOT SCARED, I DARE YOU

It's a Russian thing.

Ours was pathetic as well

Sort of.

El hombre del saco

>Frenchman cucking African males

Times change...

Indeed.

Mona sahlin. If the kids dont sleep she will show up under their beds, tax 70% of their income and leave a family of refugees in their warderobe that they are forced to take care of for the rest if their lives.

> tfw we are importing uomini neri
a fucking nightmare

El viejo del saco, literally means "the old man with the bag", basically if you misbehave an old dude with a bag comes to your house, puts you in the aforementioned bag and takes you away. extremely mundane.

Croque-mitaine (approximately Hand-biter) in metropolitan France
If I recall correctly, the Quebecois use the Bonhomme-Sept-Heure (Seven o'clock man)

A georgian friend of mine didn't fuck around and straight up used the motherfucking Baba Yaga.

>Puerto Rico
Truly, no one is safe from gypsies.

this, although we call it Hombre de la bolsa.
and they also tell you gypsies will kidnap you

same thing in brazil. we call him "Homem do Saco"

We didn't sleep in my lost country Iraq, we stayed awake praying on the sound of bombs and explosions.

The ghoul eats kids, dodoma just takes them away, ghoul is generally the very scary one